Is this a new salty strategy of the 4k mmr?

+
Is this a new salty strategy of the 4k mmr?

I've been playing a lot of ranked recently, and I noticed a lot of salty (especially Monster players) who knew they were going to lose in the last round and intentionally wait for the timer to run until about the last 1 or 2 seconds and then forfeit the game. But sad to say, they suceeded in making my sad feelings hurt :(

StrykerxS77x;n9328961 said:
I haven't seen this in a long time but I will say that anyone who does that is a complete loser.

It has happened to me 4 times today, I'm not even sure if it is the same person as two of them is a consume player, another is a Dagon player while the other is a Skellige,

Huumm quite strange...If I'm salty I design a deck that is only good against I'm salty with, for example I hate Bran a lot so I make Emhyr deck with 3 Vicovaro medic, Letho D bomb, Cahir and Avallach. Happens to work against NR, bad against monster but I don't care, as long as it gets the revenge I want I'm fine

I haven't seen that in a long time either.

Earlier today I did have one opponent rope their final turn to the last 10 seconds, holding a Scorch that was going to kill one of their own units. All that roping was accompanied by "Watch this" emote spam (that I muted almost immediately).

RidiculousName;n9329031 said:
I haven't seen that in a long time either.

Earlier today I did have one opponent rope their final turn to the last 10 seconds, holding a Scorch that was going to kill one of their own units. All that roping was accompanied by "Watch this" emote spam (that I muted almost immediately).

I'm guessing it's because more players are rushing to reach rank 20 right now, so people get saltier when they lose (and thinking that Dagon/Consume with Grave Hag finisher is the only way to the top).

Surely there could be a way of tracking such behavior?

If you run the timer several times in a row, then one can assume something's up.

I think part of it is the way you often end up losing right now. In some cases there is literally nothing you can do to prevent a loss. Meet deck A while running B? Might as well forfeit, as it's not happening if they have a clue. Hit a certain MU and lose the coinflip? Game is often decided before it begins. Plus, many common decks in ranked are, well, irritating to play against. The fact you have the joy of seeing the same few decks over and over adds fuel to the fire. Worst of all many of these common decks are stupid easy to pilot and, yeah. Barring all of that... you get shit on 3-4 games in a row due to bad draws or the awesome between round mulligan mechanics and the salt is real.

Restlessdingo32;n9331261 said:
I think part of it is the way you often end up losing right now. In some cases there is literally nothing you can do to prevent a loss. Meet deck A while running B? Might as well forfeit, as it's not happening if they have a clue. Hit a certain MU and lose the coinflip? Game is often decided before it begins. Plus, many common decks in ranked are, well, irritating to play against. The fact you have the joy of seeing the same few decks over and over adds fuel to the fire. Worst of all many of these common decks are stupid easy to pilot and, yeah. Barring all of that... you get shit on 3-4 games in a row due to bad draws or the awesome between round mulligan mechanics and the salt is real.

Yeah losing the coinflip is irrating as hell :mad:. I'm using an out-of-meta deck, could be the reason some people get salty though, as most of the players decks have lots of anti-weather cards etc.

fostdecile;n9331341 said:
Yeah losing the coinflip is irrating as hell :mad:. I'm using an out-of-meta deck, could be the reason some people get salty though, as most of the players decks have lots of anti-weather cards etc.

Haha, it's fun when it happens like 10 games in a row. I also like how between round mulligans are code for, "If you toss this you will top deck it next round."...

fostdecile
I honestly have no idea what does "out-of-meta" mean. If you're a winning player, at some point your deck will closely resemble a similar net/meta or whatever you want to call it.

HenryGrosmont;n9331831 said:
fostdecile
I honestly have no idea what does "out-of-meta" mean. If you're a winning player, at some point your deck will closely resemble a similar net/meta or whatever you want to call it.

meta = most effective tactic available
out-of-meta = out of the most effective tactic available aka, non-meta decks.

In fact, that deck I was using is considered the worst faction to use in ranked :O

fostdecile;n9333231 said:
meta = most effective tactic available
out-of-meta = out of the most effective tactic available aka, non-meta decks.

In fact, that deck I was using is considered the worst faction to use in ranked :O
So, you're losing with it? Or is it designed to beat meta, let's say Dagon, but loses to the rest?

If anything I run into the opposite behavior, people forfeiting instantly when they know they've lost. Most of the time they wont even wait for the passes to go through.

HenryGrosmont;n9333301 said:
So, you're losing with it? Or is it designed to beat meta, let's say Dagon, but loses to the rest?

I understand what you are trying to say. I DID win with that deck until 4k, but after that it's not a meta (to me anymore) as it has hit a plateau and brought me down to 3.7k. It was designed to beat Consume, Dagon, Dwarves and ocassionally NG until I start seeing lots of smarter players who knew what I was going to do :(

Skellige and Monsters are still the best to me and I think I'm going out of topic :O

fostdecile;n9333371 said:
I understand what you are trying to say. I DID win with that deck until 4k, but after that it's not a meta (to me anymore) as it has hit a plateau and brought me down to 3.7k. It was designed to beat Consume, Dagon, Dwarves and ocassionally NG until I start seeing lots of smarter players who knew what I was going to do :(

Skellige and Monsters are still the best to me and I think I'm going out of topic :O
Fair enough. That's what I was trying to ask. There are many decks that can tale you to 4k. After that, the pool shrinks until 4.3k or something close. Later on, you can add a few more decks. But to win consistently, every "non-meta" variation will get close to the meta build.

fostdecile;n9333371 said:

I mean, the optimal builds depend as much on what decks are common at a given MMR. Some builds are good vs high MMR decks but can lose to low MMR decks randomly thrown together. So the "meta" decks varies with MMR. Granted, I always took "meta deck" or "tier 1 deck" to mean good at high MMR.

Pretty sure most of the top is MS heavy... SK seems pretty popular prior to that. With MS is because... they're ferocious monsters. SK is probably more about the bakers dozen of cards capable of 14-20+ value in a game.

Top Bottom