Why does this game have to put me on tilt as soon as I start playing ranked.

+
Why does this game have to put me on tilt as soon as I start playing ranked.

So, I haven't played ranked in weeks, didn't feel like it. Then, they announce a new mode that's only available if you reached 4200 or higher, and I only got to 4k this season, so I figured I could get there. But of course, as soon as I queue into my first game I get stuck in the permanent mulligan bug and am forced to lose automatically. Great game. Next game, is against Skellige and I'm NR and, so as soon as my opponent pull out not 1 but 2 Reaver Hunters with Donar I just can't win. So much fun, really worth my time.

I really don't mind losing all that much, but I avoided ranked because losing is even more frustrating to me there, and as soon as I decide to try it again BAM. The bug was really really frustrating, and losing to Donar is one of the other few things that really annoys me, because no other single card can win the game like that, and its kind of pure RNG too, so its just the biggest high roll crap ever. Especially when I have like 10 bronzes still in my deck in the early stages and he's unlocking a ship and pulling a Reaver and then in round 2 when I go to play my 3 he is able to lock one and pull another and its just soul crushing. To start with 2 losses just throws you instantly into a bad mindset. I ended up losing 5 in a row and then winning 5 of the next 6 and I'm almost back where I started for the day.

Yeah when i hit level 10 i went right into ranked with a good deck but i got 5 monster decks in a row whitch all happend to have wheather so i stopped playing for about a mounth after that

So, this is a "tilt" thread... ok.

Honestly though, you don't have to get to 4.2k really. You can play the regular ladder or even casual if it's too stressful to you. I don't understand what are you trying to propose here? Or just steaming?

HenryGrosmont;n9331751 said:
So, this is a "tilt" thread... ok.

Honestly though, you don't have to get to 4.2k really. You can play the regular ladder or even casual if it's too stressful to you. I don't understand what are you trying to propose here? Or just steaming?

Why did you reply at all then? If you aren't interested in the thread and don't understand why I posted why reply at all? Aren't you just trying to make me feel bad/stupid? I was happy chilling in casual doing my dailies waiting on the patch, but then they say there is something gated behind a certain rank. How many people out there aren't interesting in a new play mode after months of the same thing? Maybe if I knew exactly what it was so I would know if I'm truly interested in it or not, I could make more of a choice ignore the grind. That said, I have no idea what's there beyond something new. Its a bummer to lose my first ranked game in weeks to a UI error and then lose to a card that numerous people, including major streamers complain about constantly isn't any better. I ended up turning things around and I'm not here mindlessly raging. Its just a bummer because I was happy ignoring ranked until the end of the season until the announcement.

The_Odinson;n9331951 said:
Why did you reply at all then? If you aren't interested in the thread and don't understand why I posted why reply at all? Aren't you just trying to make me feel bad/stupid? I was happy chilling in casual doing my dailies waiting on the patch, but then they say there is something gated behind a certain rank. How many people out there aren't interesting in a new play mode after months of the same thing? Maybe if I knew exactly what it was so I would know if I'm truly interested in it or not, I could make more of a choice ignore the grind. That said, I have no idea what's there beyond something new. Its a bummer to lose my first ranked game in weeks to a UI error and then lose to a card that numerous people, including major streamers complain about constantly isn't any better. I ended up turning things around and I'm not here mindlessly raging. Its just a bummer because I was happy ignoring ranked until the end of the season until the announcement.
Oh, this is about your feelings... No, I am not trying to make you feel bad or stupid. Apparently, anything that doesn't cater to you fits that description.
I replied because I genuinely did not understand the purpose or, more precisely, is there any purpose to this thread apart from you steaming.
And again, nobody makes you endure the stress of the ranked. The new "something", as you call it, is an additional different ladder system. Most probably, more stressful and unforgiving. Why would someone like you, a person who by his own admission can't endure too much stress, want to expose himself to even more of that?

Do you get anything for that 4200 MMR btw? or is it just a new mode where Dagon and Bran can play against each other until they sweat blood?

I mean this achievement is kinda meaningless, just play dagon and any idiot can autopilot it to 4200. Personally i'm at 4100 MMR but the game got past the "meh" phase and it completely disgusts me right now. If i never see Dagon again it will be too soon, hopefully this hero will be sucked into a black hole along with everyone playing it right now. Now there's an idea for an expansion CDPR, it will most likely improve the game.

I agree with OP that giving us 10 days notice to get to 4200 is pretty BS. We should have known about that long ago.

I bet there will be extra rewards for those who play in this league so yeah it's going to bug people that they didn't get a fair shot at getting to 4200.

HenryGrosmont;n9332091 said:
Oh, this is about your feelings... No, I am not trying to make you feel bad or stupid. Apparently, anything that doesn't cater to you fits that description.
I replied because I genuinely did not understand the purpose or, more precisely, is there any purpose to this thread apart from you steaming.
And again, nobody makes you endure the stress of the ranked. The new "something", as you call it, is an additional different ladder system. Most probably, more stressful and unforgiving. Why would someone like you, a person who by his own admission can't endure too much stress, want to expose himself to even more of that?

Yes, its about me, since its my post. Why would I post something that didn't have some bearing on myself? Even when you're asking other players questions, its because of your own opinion and curiosity about something. Your feeling always push you into making a post. The ladder itself isn't overly stressful, its just boring and frustrating to play against many of the same deck over and over again, and my winrate is indeed worse at the higher rank, so I play casual mostly since I only have a small amount of time each day to finish my dailies, and I only go to 18 wins every day. Its stressful now because an announcement came right before the end of the season. If you can't understand that and you just want to continue to attack me, I guess I can't stop you, but if you don't like what I have to say, then just don't post in my thread. Obviously a number of other people seem to share my sentiments, and you're the only one here trying to belittle anyone.

10 days of notice is too short a notice, that's for sure.

But again...are you sure it's so important to get access to that new ladder system?
It will probably be crawling with netdecking noobs who play autopilot Bran.
Are you sure it's fun to play with them?

I played my last ranked game months ago, stopped once I reached 3700 to wait a more balanced and fun environment, and never regret my decision.

The_Odinson;n9334501 said:
Yes, its about me, since its my post. Why would I post something that didn't have some bearing on myself? Even when you're asking other players questions, its because of your own opinion and curiosity about something. Your feeling always push you into making a post. The ladder itself isn't overly stressful, its just boring and frustrating to play against many of the same deck over and over again, and my winrate is indeed worse at the higher rank, so I play casual mostly since I only have a small amount of time each day to finish my dailies, and I only go to 18 wins every day. Its stressful now because an announcement came right before the end of the season. If you can't understand that and you just want to continue to attack me, I guess I can't stop you, but if you don't like what I have to say, then just don't post in my thread. Obviously a number of other people seem to share my sentiments, and you're the only one here trying to belittle anyone.
The title of your thread is "Why does this game have to put me on tilt as soon as I start playing ranked". So, either your wording was off or you just trying to deflect now and make up the "you're attacking me" narrative. Nobody's attacking you. It's funny how people get riled up when called on their bs. And for the record, while the announcement was made 10 days before the end of the season it's still fine. Anyone who was relatively close to the mark can make it. Hell, even my wife tries although she was rank 14 on 17th.

I understand your frustration while playing ranked, and I believe it's common with many other people. On the other hand playing against similar decks most of the time shoud be expected the more you climb up the ladder. On the top of it the game gets so competitive that it's decided by some small decisions, like tweaking your deck against what you currently face, or even who wins or not the coin flip. It is stale and stressful and that's the reason for the rewards. Just a small tip that sometimes works for me - try playing it without minding your points and have more then one deck so you can change your strategies between games.

About the new ladder, personally I think they waited too much to announce such a feature if they had it planned all along. Still 10 days is enough time to go for it, if you have the nerves. Fortunately I already had rank 20 when the news came.

Oh! Don't mind Henry, he's just and old grumpy man that enjoys posting on every thread he puts his eyes on.

HenryGrosmont;n9334701 said:
The title of your thread is "Why does this game have to put me on tilt as soon as I start playing ranked". So, either your wording was off or you just trying to deflect now and make up the "you're attacking me" narrative. Nobody's attacking you. It's funny how people get riled up when called on their bs. And for the record, while the announcement was made 10 days before the end of the season it's still fine. Anyone who was relatively close to the mark can make it. Hell, even my wife tries although she was rank 14 on 17th.

What the hell are you talking about? The title of my thread says it all. I haven't been playing ranked, as soon as I started, because of the announcement, I had some stuff that wouldn't even bother me if it happened in casual, most notably the mulligan bug. But I also hadn't seen that bug in weeks. Had no issues with it until I went into ranked again, which I only did because of this announcement, and it put me on tilt. I never said it stressed me out, tilt isn't stress. How is anything I'm doing BS? I made a thread. The title fit my post, and you don't seem to get it. I was on tilt, IE annoyed/frustrated with the game because of what happened because of an announcement. I'm sorry this wasn't a suggestion thread, but it wasn't posted in the suggestion forums. It was posted in the general forum, just so I could vent my frustration. I'm allowed to do that I'm pretty sure. I don't have to make some grand philosophical analytical post about everything in the game. I was just venting.

Theodrik said:
Oh! Don't mind Henry, he's just and old grumpy man that enjoys posting on every thread he puts his eyes on.
The man knows me :)

On the other hand, the OP contradicts himself on every turn and gets mad when people are trying to understand what's the rage about. I give up...

P.S. I do reserve my right however to call people on their bs.

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n9335261 said:
The man knows me :)

On the other hand, the OP contradicts himself on every turn and gets mad when people are trying to understand what's the rage about. I give up...

P.S. I do reserve my right however to call people on their bs.

Can you please explain to me my bullshit? I have the right to post whatever I want, within the terms of service, and there is nothing wrong with my thread. You came in, with your opinion about it, but that doesn't change my right to make any post I want. If you can directly explain to me where my wording was off, or where I was deflecting anything besides your dismissive and rude reply, please do.

The_Odinson;n9331241 said:
So, I haven't played ranked in weeks, didn't feel like it. Then, they announce a new mode that's only available if you reached 4200 or higher, and I only got to 4k this season, so I figured I could get there. But of course, as soon as I queue into my first game I get stuck in the permanent mulligan bug and am forced to lose automatically. Great game. Next game, is against Skellige and I'm NR and, so as soon as my opponent pull out not 1 but 2 Reaver Hunters with Donar I just can't win. So much fun, really worth my time.

The game is still in beta phase, bugs might occur. If occasional bugs put you on tilt, don't play beta games. Furthermore, most decks can potentially be countered by other decks/cards. Also, there is a random element in this game, where sometimes you get lucky and sometimes your opponent does.

You don't seem to be able to stand any of this, so I honestly wonder why you are playing? Yes, you want this new mode, but you seem to be unable to jump the inevitable hurdles on your path.

Rayquorz;n9335681 said:
The game is still in beta phase, bugs might occur. If occasional bugs put you on tilt, don't play beta games. Furthermore, most decks can potentially be countered by other decks/cards. Also, there is a random element in this game, where sometimes you get lucky and sometimes your opponent does.

You don't seem to be able to stand any of this, so I honestly wonder why you are playing? Yes, you want this new mode, but you seem to be unable to jump the inevitable hurdles on your path.

My bad, sorry I was venting my frustrations. Sorry not liking a part of a game that's in beta. Sorry you apparently have no complaints about the game yourself and find my issue to be strong enough that you believe I should stop playing the game. I never I didn't like the game or I didn't plan to keep playing. I was frustrated and I was venting.

The_Odinson;n9335511 said:
Can you please explain to me my bullshit? I have the right to post whatever I want, within the terms of service, and there is nothing wrong with my thread. You came in, with your opinion about it, but that doesn't change my right to make any post I want. If you can directly explain to me where my wording was off, or where I was deflecting anything besides your dismissive and rude reply, please do.
Let's try:
The_Odinson;n9334501 said:
The ladder itself isn't overly stressful, its just boring and frustrating to play against many of the same deck over and over again, and my winrate is indeed worse at the higher rank, so I play casual mostly since I only have a small amount of time each day to finish my dailies, and I only go to 18 wins every day....
Its stressful now because an announcement came right before the end of the season.
So, is it stressful or not? Or is it not overly stressful but still stressful? Make up your mind.
Also, tilt usually and in your case obviously, results in aggression just like stress.

Seriously though, I have no problem with rants. That's what I was trying to figure out. But then it was presented as something else. So, I proceeded to calmly unveil the situation further.

Also, respect should be earned. Playing victim certainly won't do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom