Why does this game have to put me on tilt as soon as I start playing ranked.

+
StrykerxS77x;n9332911 said:
I agree with OP that giving us 10 days notice to get to 4200 is pretty BS. We should have known about that long ago.

I bet there will be extra rewards for those who play in this league so yeah it's going to bug people that they didn't get a fair shot at getting to 4200.

How did you not have a fair shot? Getting about 4200 has rewards in and off itself. If you really wanted to get to 4200 you already would have done that.

Given that people are going to get to 4200 and then stop playing so that they don't lose points (even though that supposedly isn't even a consideration for acceptance to the new ladder), giving people more warning would have simply resulted in the current ladder ending up with less players as people reached 4200 and then moved over to casual.

marina22;n9336601 said:
LOL i would rather quit game then play ranked at this state :D
This is what I was trying to figure out: why would anyone who gets so frustrated with this soft ladder want to play in a more punishing and unforgiving ranked play?
Karajorma;n9336671 said:
How did you not have a fair shot? Getting about 4200 has rewards in and off itself. If you really wanted to get to 4200 you already would have done that.

Given that people are going to get to 4200 and then stop playing so that they don't lose points (even though that supposedly isn't even a consideration for acceptance to the new ladder), giving people more warning would have simply resulted in the current ladder ending up with less players as people reached 4200 and then moved over to casual.
Absolutely. I made it quite fast after three weeks of not playing and I test ALL my decks in ranked. Besides, I rarely play above two tiers.
And you make an excellent point about people just getting to 4.2k and stop playing.

If you really wanted to get to 4200 you already would have done that.

*DING DING DING* We have a winner.

Why is getting to 4200 such an issue all of a sudden? The game has been out for months. If you cared for ranked enough, you would have already been there.

If ranked is stressful and boring, why fight or a spot on a ladder where you get even more of that stress and boredom?

This isn't directed just at the OP. There have been several threads on this on several forums. If ranked stresses you out, don't lose it over getting on a ladder that'll stress you even more.

Karajorma;n9336671 said:

That doesn't make sense. I didn't care to get to 4200 before finding out. The rewards for doing so aren't that much. A whole league for getting it is completely different. Knowing about it for only 10 days isn't very much notice.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9336791 said:
*DING DING DING* We have a winner.

Why is getting to 4200 such an issue all of a sudden? The game has been out for months. If you cared for ranked enough, you would have already been there.

If ranked is stressful and boring, why fight or a spot on a ladder where you get even more of that stress and boredom?

This isn't directed just at the OP. There have been several threads on this on several forums. If ranked stresses you out, don't lose it over getting on a ladder that'll stress you even more.

I never said a thing about stress or boredom. "Caring about getting to 4200" has nothing to do with this league that we didn't know about until the end with 10 days to go.

This is your friendly neighborhood moderator, kindly reminding you to play nice with the other people on the block. Respect each other's opinion and refrain from using personal attacks.

StrykerxS77x;n9337501 said:
I didn't care to get to 4200 before finding out.

Yep, and that's the thing.

The point of the new ladder is pretty obvious. It's designed to separate out the people who were stuck at the top with nothing to do from the rest of us. I like that. It's actually very smart of CDPR. It basically means that newer players won't be continuously getting ganked by people who have been playing the game for ages.

So I don't see why you are so upset that you can't be part of that? You obviously never cared about getting to 4200 before. Why do you suddenly want to be part of a ladder you never cared for before?

Oh and in case you're wondering, I'm not at 4.2k myself and don't see any reason to be upset if I don't get onto the new ladder. If I was the sort of person it was aimed at, I'd already have that number of points or be close to having them.

Karajorma;n9338341 said:
Yep, and that's the thing.

The point of the new ladder is pretty obvious. It's designed to separate out the people who were stuck at the top with nothing to do from the rest of us. I like that. It's actually very smart of CDPR. It basically means that newer players won't be continuously getting ganked by people who have been playing the game for ages.

So I don't see why you are so upset that you can't be part of that? You obviously never cared about getting to 4200 before. Why do you suddenly want to be part of a ladder you never cared for before?

Oh and in case you're wondering, I'm not at 4.2k myself and don't see any reason to be upset if I don't get onto the new ladder. If I was the sort of person it was aimed at, I'd already have that number of points or be close to having them.

Why wouldn't I want to be a part of that ladder? I didn't know about it until the 10 days notice so you asking me why I didn't care about it until now makes no sense. I can't care about something that I didn't know about.

You not caring about it has nothing to do with me.

The point Karajorma is trying to make is that the new ladder is made for the top players. Those who take ranked a bit more seriously. The game has been out for months, so if you found ranked to be serious enough for you, you would have been at 4200 by now.

This is a case of people feeling left out of something. I just don't think you'll be losing out on much with this. I don't think there'll be any exclusive rewards. At least nothing substantial.

Again, if you (not talking directly to Stryker;speaking in general) were a serious ranked player, one of those this new ladder is made for, you would have been there already. This is just a means for them to fight on a new level.

I'm not saying don't go for it. If you feel you migt enjoy it, have fun and good luck. But this shouldn't be made into a big deal.

It is really suspicious when you get so close, a few points away from a new rank, how the game suddenly starts to pair you with your nightmare decks and on top of that, makes your draws a living hell.

And they say the AI is stupid... while actually malicious.

partci;n9342531 said:
It is really suspicious when you get so close, a few points away from a new rank, how the game suddenly starts to pair you with your nightmare decks and on top of that, makes your draws a living hell.

And they say the AI is stupid... while actually malicious.
Confirmation bias, my friend. Although sometimes it does feel like that, keep in mind that your competition is getting tougher too.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9342331 said:
The point Karajorma is trying to make is that the new ladder is made for the top players. Those who take ranked a bit more seriously. The game has been out for months, so if you found ranked to be serious enough for you, you would have been at 4200 by now.

This is a case of people feeling left out of something. I just don't think you'll be losing out on much with this. I don't think there'll be any exclusive rewards. At least nothing substantial.

Again, if you (not talking directly to Stryker;speaking in general) were a serious ranked player, one of those this new ladder is made for, you would have been there already. This is just a means for them to fight on a new level.

I'm not saying don't go for it. If you feel you migt enjoy it, have fun and good luck. But this shouldn't be made into a big deal.

The requirement for the ladder is getting to 4200. Which some people could do if they had the time to do it. This has nothing to do with "taking ranked seriously". People play ranked for various reasons like the rewards for instance. The ladder is a new reason to to have continued grinding and I feel like players should have had more than 10 days notice. But that's my opinion.

HenryGrosmont;n9342621 said:
... keep in mind that your competition is getting tougher too.

I do, but those draws, man... I am not a wizard to have a chance to win, when with 6 cards left in the deck 4 are Silver and 2 are Gold (for example).

Oh my, people can be mean and stubborn.

I can feel with OP. 10 points away from rank 20 I started a heavy lose streak loosing over 100 points. Not that big of a deal though since my initial goal was to reach rank 19.

But then the new ladder got announced. Each game turned from fun giggles to serious stuff. The stress level increased quite a bit.

And the shit about if your serious about ranked you'd be 4200 before it was announced is pure bullshit. Rank 19 is Diamond just as rank 20 and 21. So being satisfied at around 4k makes sense. I was satisfied around 3800.

But with the announcement a new goal arise. Being close you'd obviously wanna try reach it, especially since we don't know what it'll contain.

Next one who starts with crying, playing victim and beselessly accusing others of something they didn't do (or insulting them) gets a special "participation" border. CDPR cconfirmed.

Exoclyps;n9344871 said:
And the shit about if your serious about ranked you'd be 4200 before it was announced is pure bullshit. Rank 19 is Diamond just as rank 20 and 21. So being satisfied at around 4k makes sense. I was satisfied around 3800.

So in other words you weren't that serious about having a higher rank and were quite happy to choose an arbitrary level and stay there.

But with the announcement a new goal arise. Being close you'd obviously wanna try reach it, especially since we don't know what it'll contain.

And you were given 10 days to get there. So 400 points more. You could sit down and do that in a couple of hours if the games go your way. So why complain about only having 10 days notice?

Karajorma;n9349001 said:
And you were given 10 days to get there. So 400 points more. You could sit down and do that in a couple of hours if the games go your way. So why complain about only having 10 days notice?

I didn't. Others did. I was at 4100 when it was announced as I had a nice win streak to 4240 then a lose streak after that. My point was that it's not weird for people might get a reinvented reason to wanna push for the rank after the announcement.

I'm not saying that it's weird for people to want to push up the ladder once the announcement was made. But the only reason they're doing that is cause they feel they're going to be missing out on this new ladder. Do you seriously think that people who couldn't be bothered to get to the top of the old ladder are going to do anything on the new one? Unless there are much better rewards they're going to do exactly the same thing there.

If you didn't push yourself before, take some responsibility for that. If you weren't pushing yourself to be the best, you don't have much reason to complain that you don't qualify for the new ladder which is for the best of the best.

Last edited:
Karajorma;n9353621 said:
I'm not saying that it's weird for people to want to push up the ladder once the announcement was made. But the only reason they're doing that is cause they feel they're going to be missing out on this new ladder. Do you seriously think that people who couldn't be bothered to get to the top of the old ladder are going to do anything on the new one? Unless there are much better rewards they're going to do exactly the same thing there.

If you didn't push yourself before, take some responsibility for that. If you weren't pushing yourself to be the best, you don't have much reason to complain that you don't qualify for the new ladder which is for the best of the best.

Yes, but when it was announced we didn't know that. It could have been some sort of test mode for a limited format. It could have been some sort of multigame format with class bans. We had no idea what exactly it was, just that it was new. Before this if you weren't in the very tippy top, the top 64 or whatever it was, you have no reason to overly push besides a slight increase in reward at the end of the season. A new mode of play is very very different, especially in a game that pretty much has 1 mode of play.

Now, its also true that they revealed that this is for the best of the best. However it also shows a forced move to bring diversity to the meta, and requires players to play a lot of games with every faction. Not just grind the most op class over and over and being able to reach the top.

On top of that, this season has been going on forever, and we all knew there was a major patch coming. If you didn't feel like grinding against the current frustrating stale meta after reach a certain point, I don't think that proof you don't deserve something or didn't want it enough. Hell, maybe, like me you only play a few games a day and otherwise are bored of things. I do think the announcement happening at the end of the reason is a bit harsh, especially considering it was made without the details we have now. Now we know even more and there are so very very serious implications to not only making it into this new ladder, but pushing yourself once there. That's likely enough to turn some less active/uninterested people, into very interested people. Its true some of those people likely aren't good enough and maybe "don't deserve" to be in that league. It doesn't mean its not frustrating for people on the cusp to now be forced to push if they want in.

Umm.... So CDPR owed us more of a notice about this new ladder? Come on, guys! It's no secret that the higher you rank the better your rewards are, and so there was always an incentive to play ranked. Some of us did, some didn't. I personally don't always want the pressure of playing competitively, which is why I'm nowhere close to the 4200 it would take...now they've decided to give an extra something to those who worked hard and ranked up. Good for them.
Whining about it kinda feels to me like a bunch of kids who were promised tons of candy if they clean their room. One of the kids doesn't like chocolate, so he does nothing. When the adults come bearing not only chocolate, but also gummy bears and lollypops the kid starts crying, saying it's not fair.
We all knew there would be perks to ranking up, yet many of us decided for whatever reason, not to aim there. Am I supposed to be mad because it turns out i do want one of the prizes the good kids get? who's fault is it that I spent the past few months playing Witcher and reading sapkowski, and completely neglecting gwent? And as a few posters have mentioned- how tough a punishment is it for those of us not playing ranked, to not have access to a new, more competitive ranking ladder? If you don't even like candy- why are you crying about not getting any?

Top Bottom