3 Things I love and Hate about Gwent

+
3 Things I love and Hate about Gwent

So far I have High Hopes that Gwent has the potential to compete with Hearthstone when it releases. Even now I am overall enjoying Gwent more than Druidstone *Cough Cough* I mean Hearthstone. Anyways, I think that Gwent is on the road to being great, however I think their are a few things that can really help it compete.

Here are 3 things I think Gwent is doing right.

1: Round Based concept
The round based point system in my opinion is one of the best parts of Gwent, over the Typical RPG style Hero HP system. It provides a greater design space, you dont have to worry about the impossibility of Balancing Aggro/Control/Combo and it rewards Calculated plays and resource management because you dont draw until the end of the round. Not to mention games are all reasonable length instead of super short and uninteractive or Resident Sleeper.

2: Card Art/Premium
Because of the design of the cards themselves I feel like their is more room for beautiful card art, and CDPR has used it well. Especially if you compare Premium cards to other games Gwent is vastly superior, not to mention the sound files for the Premium cards are spectacular for the most part although I will admit that some premiums are a little underwhelming.

3: Balance
Although some cards are a bit more reliable and consistent than others, you can basically play the Faction or deck you love and do well. Almost all the cards are playable, unlike Hearthstone for example where a vast majority of your collection is useless. Because of that, you never feel rekt by card packs either, and the Free To Play experience isn't utter Hell. Also I love how CDPR's Balance changes are timely fashioned and they aren't afraid to buff cards instead of just nerfing a few cards every decade.

Now onto a few things I think Gwent needs work on.

1: Better On-Play Sounds and animations
Especially on Gold cards, I don't feel Powerful like I do when I drop down Lich King or Deathwing in Hearthstone. I feel like you gain a better connection with the game when you have epic on play animations. For example everyone recognizes the voiceline when Deathwings says "I AM POWER INCARNATE!!!" as he wipes the board in fiery blaze, which is way more badass and entertaining than when Geralt Igni says "I hate portals" as he Anti-Climatically destroys a Unit.

2: Content
Now I know it's just the Open Beta so I won't really stress on this much.We are way overdue for some new cards and hopefully new Leader cards later on as well(I know cards are on the way which is Hype). Also recently Only being able to play Casual and Ranked is getting stale. Some really interesting PVE content would be nice and another PVP mode that isn't just an Arena Reskin like Shadowverse did with Take 2. Although I wouldn't really mind an Arena like mode tbh. In Any case more things to do outside of the classic game would be nice.

3: Greetings/Hero Voicelines/Death Voicelines
We really need the option to greet our opponent. Sure you can BM or whatever but you could already do that right now and besides it is weird that you can GG but you can't greet your opponent.I also think it would be cool if you could have some sort of option to use your Leader for Voicelines instead of your trinket or Avatar, if they added that it would make playing your favorite factions much more fun. And Lastly we need Death animations for when Units are destroyed, it would add a lot of flavor to the game.

What do you guys think are some things you love/hate about Gwent? :)

The thing I hate about gwent is the coinflip problem. Starting first gives the opponent a card advantage that has higher chance to make us lose the game.

Raunbjorn

The thing I love about Gwent: No "greet" emote. I do agree with you on the other points you made though.

Loves
  • Premium Ves
  • Premium Ves
  • Karroleakis Patricka or whatever the fook their name is
Hates
  • Karrroleakis Patricka or whatever the fook their name is
  • Henry Grosmont
  • GG threads

*DISCLAIMER. Ah it was a bloody joke, well not about the gg threads. People who make those should be spanked, and not in a good way. As always, HenryGrosmont , I luv ya guts, and once again, all hate mail please be directed to HenryGrosmont

idomyownstunts;n9346471 said:
Loves
  • Premium Ves
  • Premium Ves
Hates
  • Henry Grosmont
  • GG threads

*DISCLAIMER. Ah it was a bloody joke, well not about the gg threads. People who make those should be spanked, and not in a good way. As always, HenryGrosmont , I luv ya guts, and once again, all hate mail please be directed to HenryGrosmont

Lets sign a petition to make a "Henry Grosmont" card that yells and disagrees with all special cards in the game.

Love :
1.card variation and it's division category by bronze, silver and gold labels
2.the different archetype strategies it's possible to build with the faction decks
3.we know we gonna have new cards on the game from time to time at the end of each season

Hate:
1.the coinflip system
2.the time to play each turn: could be less time, cause some players are annoying and troll using the time system, testing your patience
3.some bugs that make you lose a match when some players purposely cause network disconection, in order to save them from defeat

idomyownstunts;n9346471 said:
Loves
  • Premium Ves
  • Premium Ves

Hates
  • Henry Grosmont
  • GG threads

He likes Premium Water Hag. Heard from him several times.

And yes, as always, send all hate mail my way.
fostdecile;n9346541 said:
Lets sign a petition to make a "Henry Grosmont" card that yells and disagrees with all special cards in the game.
I disagree!!!

On the other hand, that was actually rather ...impressive. Congratulations.

Love
- As a surprise, the community. And few have a special place in my heart. Not idomyownstunts though.
just kidding, him especially.
- Polish voiceover of Fieldmarshal Duda (please, help me get his lines for my English version!)
- The fact that the devs are interacting with us and responding all the time (and listen too) and that at the end of the day we always get a great product. In short, for the first time the developer did not disappoint after hitting it big. And it seems they don't plan on doing that in the future either.

Hate (not hate but...)
- When people don't own their... stuff. Just be a man or a woman and own it.
- Graveyard bug.
- Playing sober?

Last edited:
Top Bottom