x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Units can now be Targeted by Spells and Effects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stormbuster View Post
    Guys, you have to understand that this is a game like all the others.

Damageable golds means in fact more weight for "random" factor in deciding the fate of a game and consequently less skills needed. That means more control for rigging mechanics. That means more games with known results even before starting. I have seen it in so many other games. The herd was screaming out this and that is too hard and requires too much skill. The devs. have to listen as they represents the vast majority of donors.

At least this is what devs are trying to say: that people were complaining of golds deciding the game so they made these more "interact-able". Tbh, I didn't notice posts on forums in this regards....so one more proof that the background for the change was another one.

I posted the same few times: Gwent is unfortunately going the same path as lots of other games out there: please the mass, indulge them donors with easy wins to make their egos happy and get more money from them.

They could have made something else to balance the games when a player got all 4 and the other none. They could have let all 4 in the hand in the beginning. They could have asked players to decide which 2 out of 4 golds him/her would start with in round 1. Or any other examples.

Now, golds are only cost a lot of scrap and have no more strategical value in the game....
    Thank you. Exactly my thoughts for the last two months.

CDPR wants to please the New Players/Bad Players and the Reddit Scrublords.

1. A lot of New Players (not all) complain about the fact that they don't have enough Gold Cards to compete with Players who played the game for a much longer period.

Solution: Make Gold Cards targetable and increase the Overall Power Level of Bronzes. Now Gold Cards are just slightly better Silvers or in some cases bad Bronzes.

2. Increase the number of Cards with the word "Random" in it. Now Players can bitch about the RNG and don't question themself if they played bad or not.

3. Get rid of high Value Bronze Finishers (Spotters, Pirate etc.) and high Value Gold Finishers (Tibor, Hjalmar) because it will result in a much closer Game in the End.

Now it will look like a close game and New Players won't question there Skill cause visually it looked like they hold there ground pretty well.

4. Make the Game more casual and decrease strategy and decision making in the process.

You guys might have noticed the high amount of Scoiatel Spell Decks and Monster Weather Decks atm. right?

Well where is the strategy here? Just Play Tremors over and over again and get ridiculous amount of Carryover.

5. I also think the reason why Monsters is very competetive all the time (basically every patch they are Tier 1) is because a lot of New Players like them design wise and they require less skill and decision making compared to other factions.

There are some interesting aspects atm. but I hope they revert the Gold Changes.
    Last edited by Soverein; 30-08-17, 17:03.

Comment

• I3LOODI-IUNT

you tell all the truth and all that i feel my good friend........................... All that nights in front of pc for what? .... for nothing?
      Last edited by 4RM3D; 30-08-17, 23:07. Reason: removed unnecessary quote

Comment

• Originally posted by scorba View Post

it just spawns one golem regardless of how many were killed.
        True but Stammelford's tremmors already have a value. If you're opponent has more unit that you he loses some power which is to be added to the Golem + his shield + the 2 lesser golem for carry over.
        That's a lot of value for a bronze card if you ask me, especially if you build around (like control oriented deck with 1 str unit to one shot on your side so you can convert them into golems during the game).

Comment

• CDPR... what were you thinking. Now the cards that allow most acrotypes to function can be taken out of play with simple spells. It has made the game frustrating. The only way i can ladder is by playing Spell-a-Tell Sage addition. I want to play mill guard, but Avolock is killed right off the bat. You all made some great progress with the last patch. The game was coming into balance. I thought we were done with full rewrites of the game mechanics. You let me down. What were you thinking?

Comment

• ConradBones1 Thread merged.
            "I fear nothing but the fact that I'm afraid of everything." - Sunrise Avenue

While I like to joke around a lot, anything written in blue should be taken seriously. When in doubt, click here.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenLiu View Post
              True but Stammelford's tremmors already have a value.
              it also damages your own units, so that value is around 0. sure, you can make it worth it in a spell or a SK wound deck, but I think it's still more like an "interesting" than broken card.

Comment

• At first when i heard about gold being able to be damaged it didn't bother me much the idea,but seeing my premium card being destroyed by bronze units kinda makes gold cards less valuable even premium cards,maybe it will take some time to get used to it but for now it really makes me sad when i see my premium gold card that i crafted goes in graveyard

Comment

• Originally posted by el_Bosco View Post
                  Pretty much sums up the opinion i've stated in several posts over today. They go back and fourth over such dramatic elements of the game like they have no long term path for the game. And its not the 1st time this happens.
                  Its exactly the other way around.

Its realy nice and cool to see a company having the balls to implement drastic changes if they think they are needed.

Look at HOTS for example. Like 20% or more of the heroes are unviable at higher leagues. Instead of saying "yeah ... we failed with their kits ... we have to rework them completely since we dont seem to find a way to fix their kits across all leagues!" Blizzard tries to balance some heroes via number tweaks for like 2 years and they still dont become viable.

The problem isnt that Gold cards are targetable. Silver cards are vulnerable aswell and still some silver cards can swing a situation. The problem with Gold cards is that some are not powerful enough or to reliant to stay on the board when they are easy to remove. So some of them just need higher base stats now (Ciri) or new effects when played or when destroyed. But just looking at the balancing the change its completely fine. Its completely possible to balance Gold cards around being killable by just increasing their average power compared to Silver or Bronze cards.

Besides that you should just keep calm and play for a few weeks to see how the change makes the game better or worse. Its self-explanatory that such a new and big change feels strange at first place. This would also have been the case if the change would have been the other way around. If gold cards would have been targetable and now would have been changed to being untargetable the whole forum would be filled with "ohlolol Gold cards unkillable now! RIP Gwent!". So just keep calm, play the game and stop talking about something as long as you cant talk about it objectively.
                  Last edited by Schmaddi1; 31-08-17, 09:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by marina22 View Post
                    but seeing my premium card being destroyed by bronze units kinda makes gold cards less valuable even premium cards
                    Yeah ... for sure game should be balanced around premium cards.

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by scorba View Post

it also damages your own units, so that value is around 0. sure, you can make it worth it in a spell or a SK wound deck, but I think it's still more like an "interesting" than broken card.
                      You don't even need any synergy, ST is based on the same concept as Yennifer. As soon as you have less units than your opponent it starts making value (which is why I suggested to play it in a control deck). Since it hits every unit on the board, if you have 2 of them and your opponent has 5, for instance, you're making 3 points of value.
                      And this is whitout counting all the value attached to the golem, which is an actual bronze unit by himself.

Again, I might be completely wrong but I think this card isn't right about the value it produces.
                      And you can have an interesting card that is OP at the same time, it's definitely not an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenLiu View Post
                        You don't even need any synergy, ST is based on the same concept as Yennifer. As soon as you have less units than your opponent it starts making value (which is why I suggested to play it in a control deck). Since it hits every unit on the board, if you have 2 of them and your opponent has 5, for instance, you're making 3 points of value. And this is whitout counting all the value attached to the golem, which is an actual bronze unit by himself.
                        3 value is extremely low for a card.
                        That cards needs to spawn an elemental, otherwise its almost like a dead card or only extremely low tempo card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmaddi1 View Post

Yeah ... for sure game should be balanced around premium cards.

LOL
                          no but why would i bother crafting premium cards just make regulars since they will be destroyed anyway :/

Comment

• Again, and I sound like a parrot here, the issue is that Golds weren't redesigned to reflect this change. Quite a few of them are weaker than a lot of broze cards. Why use an 800 scrap card when an 80 scrap one does a better job?

They need to redesign the whole scrap value system and even card rarity. Not all Golds are now the same and some are weaker than bronzes. Golds should be 400 max.

Comment

• Originally posted by marina22 View Post

no but why would i bother crafting premium cards just make regulars since they will be destroyed anyway :/
                              Because they look nice in your collection, hand and graveyard. And besides that they wont get destroyed every single game.
                              You will gather dust to upgrade normal cards to premium cards over time anyway. So premium cards are just an visiul improvement you will be able to unlock anyway.

Comment

• While I'm not fond of the removal of gold immunity, it's not the biggest problem in itself. Sure, I'd rather they were immune, it had a nice bit of uniqueness and flavour to it. It let you invest your meteorite powder safely if you wanted to, and made it feel justifiable that they cost four times more than silver cards. Now, not so much. With the apparent average value of bronze cards having skyrocketed, and golds being swept off the board like no man's business, the cost just seems excessive. Sure, gold cards can still be powerful, but they feel like they've lost their impact in a big way.

Now to come to the core of the problem, while some golds have been changed to compensate for the change, others haven't, and most certainly not enough. Let's take Triss for example. Sure, she's a starter card, but still gold, and still takes up a gold slot. Yet there's an argument to be made that she's actually worse than the silver card Myrgtebrakke. Triss has the advantage of 1 power, while Myrgtebrakke is far more versatile with her potential to split damage. This just doesn't make sense to me. Another shining example is Tibor Eggebracht, who's only change was that he goes back to his original power once he enters the graveyard. As an immune gold, he was awesome and unique. Now the only reasonable thing to do is update his art with a giant bullseye on his bald head. Another example is Geralt, who was never the strongest card to begin with, but is now consistently less valuable than many bronze cards. I just really struggle to see the logic here, hopefully these issues will be addressed soon.
                                Last edited by Braunschweiger; 31-08-17, 14:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X