x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Northern realm change revealed so far...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ResoundingBuahaha View Post

Not yet but I don't have high expectation, I just found how to use her properly in this patch but meh...

For reinforcement I rather it only search mage and healer, I can't think of it's application when my hand card (as well as deck) is typically choking with soldier, officer and machine while there's a rot tosser on my board.
    Quiet on the contrary I'm really confident about Priscilla, especially since she's a 1OO% sure to be rewored card (I mean, there is like O% chance she rermains unchanged, she's like the worst Gold on the entire planet in a world when you can damage Gold units). She might be our saviour and could be exactly what we need for the Henselt Reaver hunter deck (I say "we" because I'm playing every archetype in the game so I'm too a NR player in a way lol).

Originally posted by Karolis.petrikas View Post
    Can you stop writing damn novels. You're just making moderators hate you.
    But that's a forum...the point of a forum to to write things and nobody forces you to read everything.
    And I'm pretty sure moderators are just fine with peoples writing novels, there is no hurt in that and they're usually pretty good reader in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by ResoundingBuahaha
      I never complained about weather nerf and actually quite support the nerf throughout the whole thing.
      Lol! Of course you did- cuz you weren't playing monsters weather. That's the point
      I lose a great deal of my charm when one gets to know me better
      Geralt of Rivia

Comment

i really doubt reaver hunters will get a nerf anytime soon, I could be wrong but there are so many counters to them in the current meta over 4k mmr. The reinforcement nerf makes me sad, that was our go to card.

Comment

Damn, we were so dominating the current meta for months so of course the few barely usable cards, I mean totally overpowered cards had to be nerfed to compensate.
          ...wait, we're not talking about Skellige? *sigh*

I guess I'll wait for the patch to see how things go (have already been playing armor the past days because it has a decent chance against most dagon decks and Xmen), but what little variety NR had seems to disappear quickly.

Comment

The current Reinforcement is too overpowered nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by mfool123 View Post
              i really doubt reaver hunters will get a nerf anytime soon
              CDPR has stated they were unhappy with the card. Except a nerf in the coming patch.

Comment

I'm conflicted about some of the upcoming changes but judging from a few minutes with the latest build at Gamescom a lot is slightly different, so I'm careful with complaining.

I'm looking forward to playing more games after the patch to make up my mind. NR didn't feel weak though.

Comment

Originally posted by AmiboshiMK View Post
                  Now something occured to me. Quen was removed from Ida Emean too. What if they plan to change quen to something that shouldn´d be accessible by mages. Story-wise it makes sense. Maybe they´re preparing ground for future cards with "sign" tag and there will be some gold witcher who can draw such cards?
                  ...if they weren't planning something like this, I hope they read your post and take up the idea
                  Geralt of Rivia

Comment

Originally posted by GenLiu View Post
                    Quiet on the contrary I'm really confident about Priscilla, especially since she's a 1OO% sure to be rewored card (I mean, there is like O% chance she rermains unchanged, she's like the worst Gold on the entire planet in a world when you can damage Gold units). She might be our saviour and could be exactly what we need for the Henselt Reaver hunter deck (I say "we" because I'm playing every archetype in the game so I'm too a NR player in a way lol).
                    Remember what she was before this remake? D: Even in this patch many doesn't consider she is good though.

Originally posted by ArianeGrosmont View Post
                    Lol! Of course you did- cuz you weren't playing monsters weather. That's the point
                    If there is one thing I don't miss from last patch that would be frost axeman. (well also savage bear, morkvag, kambi, Donar, Coral, QG Shield maiden, etc. quite a list I guess). As I said when this patch came out the nerf merely bring weather down to a bronze card damage and the whole mechanic supporting weather is actually untouched (except spell'tael which actually run weather for the damage). These nerf to NR however, hit right in the spot, interrupting the mechanic supporting those bigbig card people complain about. Imagine a reaver hunter deck but without operator or Neneke, or facing Dwarf/ over buffing deck without Margarita, what's the winning condition?

In the new patch we can see axeman gain veteran back to compensate row fixed nerf.. all the more terrifying

Originally posted by 4RM3D View Post

CDPR has stated they were unhappy with the card. Except a nerf in the coming patch.
                    Well that will be another reason to leave NR...armor archetype is exactly what should be called non-interactive and they don't care to give machine a buff, mere power increase doesn't mean machine can be anything good since the control aspect of machine is still weak overall (except ballista against dagon). before the actual ability of machines are buffed I expect little from machine.
                    Last edited by ResoundingBuahaha; 26-08-17, 03:57.

Comment

With these two vital nerf I do expect Northern Realm been butchered in next patch since it's really some nerf that hit right in the eye.
                      The current reaver Hensalt deck goes almost untouched with these changes. If these are the only nerfs to NR that deck will completely dominate considering it looks like the power players right now are getting gutted to at least some degree.

Comment

They did say that they don't like super strong finishers, so I'd not be surprised if they would get nerf.

And yeah, armor archetype need to get more ways to intervene yourself before I consider playing it. Not enough interaction as it stands.

Comment

Originally posted by wildkeny View Post
                          The current Reinforcement is too overpowered nonetheless.
                          The strength of such tutor card is solely depend on the card pool that faction can offer. If you give this card to skellige or monster (well they already have Sigdrifa) I would also agree this card is OP however just look at NR silver pool...meh... none of those bronze or silver can get 13 or above on their own, NR need at least a package of cards to generate decent power, regardless of its archetype.

Originally posted by MooshieMooshie View Post

The current reaver Hensalt deck goes almost untouched with these changes. If these are the only nerfs to NR that deck will completely dominate considering it looks like the power players right now are getting gutted to at least some degree.
                          It's not the reaver hunters get nerfed, it's the whole mechanic supporting reaver hunter is interrupted. Nennke or operator not being able to target by reinforcement alone is a fatal blow to the archetype since Reaver hunter is the only winning condition of such deck and with absent of either operator or Nenneke you will see the impact of reaver hunter decrease pretty rapidly.

And I laugh at NR being dominant, how is that even possible when other faction got buffed more or less while NR get nerfed to the core? NR isn't even anywhere near dominant before the patch.

Originally posted by Exoclyps View Post
                          They did say that they don't like super strong finishers, so I'd not be surprised if they would get nerf.

And yeah, armor archetype need to get more ways to intervene yourself before I consider playing it. Not enough interaction as it stands.

Well Keira is not strong finisher anyway, still don't understand why.

On the other hand indeed, armor archetype is somewhat disappointing to play or play against.
                          Last edited by ResoundingBuahaha; 26-08-17, 09:36.

Comment

Remember what she was before this remake? D: Even in this patch many doesn't consider she is good though.
                            Well, on the funny part, I had made a deck around Priscilla before her remake, that was a very convoluted deck that was based on the Birthing pod strategy (if you know about MTG) an I used to ran Dandelion, Priscilla and Royal decree (which was first meant to increase the chance of hitting Dande but couldn't miss thanks to Prisci).
                            That was first meant to be a deck "for fun" but I had so much success with it that I ended up bringing it in ranked. So I might be the only person on earth who think that "old Priscilla", even though I wouldn't say that she was good, wasn't as terrible as many think (so much that I was actually disappointed that they buffed (nerfed?) her and had to change my Henselt deck into a more "conventional" deck (with 3 Keadweni sergents, for example, which I was just running one of in the previous list).

With that being said, it was the only format where I could make her work. The current version is obviously much better in the "regular" Henselt deck and I'm among those who think she's actually good (she's perfect to desinc your board and Dikstra did more harm than good to me anyway...my legendary luck I suppose).

But I wasn't thinking of her having a similar rule, I was actually thinking about her seeing her rule change completely (similarly to Yen con, for instance), which is possible imo because, as we all agreed, if Gold cards can be targeted, she's completely useless as she is right now.

If CDPR though the same, they could think of a new mechanic that actually helps the Henselt Hunter deck and knowing that, I can't wait to see what she'll become after the incoming patch.

Now, of course, maybe they won't have the same though and keep her rule as it si right now, just giving her a sh*** ton of armor of a Deathwish but I have high expectation for her, I don't know why, I just feel like she has a potential, especially since Priscilla is an iconic character of the Witcher universe, I can't think of a better unit to become more prevalent in the game.

Comment

ResoundingBuahaha let me get this straight: * you wish Priscilla still had her closed beta ability *you think Keira isn't that strong * reinforcement in its current form is 'meh' ...
                              and on the other hand: *reinforcement in another faction would be OP * you don't care about bloody Baron because you don't play radovid control...

many of these statements, if stated individually may have some merit, but when all are brought together they show a pattern: it really seems to me that any card that isn't OP in the archetype you play ''isn't strong enough'' and any card that isn't useless in another archetype ''must be nerfed''.

You do realize it doesn't work that way, don't you?
                              Geralt of Rivia

Comment

many of these statements, if stated individually may have some merit, but when all are brought together they show a pattern: it really seems to me that any card that isn't OP in the archetype you play ''isn't strong enough'' and any card that isn't useless in another archetype ''must be nerfed''.
                                It may sounds weird to you but this thread is about NR so what perspective should I look it from? I don't recall since start of OB NR had once dominate the ladder for a month (Yes I am sarcastic on Skellige and Monster), and I'm sure none of these card I mentioned can consistently make a 20-40 swing (Yes I am implying Coral). And I think we can agree Pricilla is no strong in any sense except the easter egg.

You do realize it doesn't work that way, don't you?
                                Then why we don't see a little variety dominating the ladder, but only bouncing between Skellige and Monster take turn taking up 40%-60% of the ladder? If NR is anyway near that I'll shut up and hope people like me or dev don't realize, why shouldn't I talking for the archetype I play?

Ok back to the topic, I refrain from talking cards I don't know enough because I really have no idea how they actually work, but I can still remember bloody baron been laughed as one of the useless gold in Northern realm before Dagon swarm is so popular. In next patch I would expect him disappear once the swarm isn't a thing.

Pricilla is already reworked, so I think that's indicating how she performed in OB. (I never played CB so no I have no idea what you talking about)

Same card in different faction does has different impact, take Warlongship, Mangonel and Mulligan brigade as example, even though they are the same role in respective archetype the fact that war longship can be revived already make it superior than the other two. Turor cards like reinforcement are no exception, I can hardly claim it's OP if ST has it while SK or Monster would be OP
                                Last edited by ResoundingBuahaha; 26-08-17, 15:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X