The "new" casual.

+
The "new" casual.

Geez, I feel like Casual seems toxic as hell atm with everyone forced into one giant pool. Emote spamming is at an all time high. Its literally nothing but netdecks, and lots of long rope burning turns. Its just really really enjoyable.

Oh look, it's The_Odinson with another complaint thread.

Ranking is temporarily unavailable. Of course it's going to be one giant pool of newbies, pros and everything in between. It's just temporary. What's your point, exactly?

4RM3D;n9384381 said:
Oh look, it's The_Odinson with another complaint thread.

Ranking is temporarily unavailable. Of course it's going to be one giant pool of newbies, pros and everything in between. It's just temporary. What's your point, exactly?

My point is you'd almost assume with a huge player pool, the season/grinding over, and presumably only a few days until the patch, that maybe people would just being having fun with the game, not continuing to grind the same match ups one last time. I know that's what I was doing with my dailies today. Sorry I don't seem to bring enough positivity to the forums.

Yes. After stressful and tilt inducing Ranked, it's Casual's turn now. Next, Practice mode.

Or maybe, just maybe, players are maximising their rewards before patch is released.

My guess is that a lot of people actually do enjoy playing their main deck and since a lot of cards and interactions will change with the upcoming patch casual is kind of the last opportunity to play some of these decks.

Then again it's not unusual that meta decks are played more often in casual the longer the ranked season goes. But let's wait for the patch and see how casual evolves from there.

I play this game more than I should but its extremely rare to find anyone emote spamming and even if there was its a huge stretch to go from someone hits "you're going down" too many times to mean toxic community. Did you lose a few games and post in a bad mood, its ok if you did. We have all had bad runs.

How is spamming emotes annoying you? You can simply mute the enemy, it's not like there is a text chat where they can be really toxic and insult you.

I don't know about you, but when Ilmerith goes "WRAAAAAAA" i can really lose it. I had to replace 3 broken monitors just this month:facepalm2:

Rammyp;n9386741 said:
I don't know about you, but when Ilmerith goes "WRAAAAAAA" i can really lose it. I had to replace 3 broken monitors just this month:facepalm2:

Like I said, a simple click on their picture mutes them. It's not like another game where you need a chat to communicate.

Rammyp;n9386741 said:

I'm glad it's so easy to mute emotes. So far I never had to worry about that and still use the same old monitor like at the start of Gwent beta :).

Idiotruinsgame;n9386431 said:
I play this game more than I should but its extremely rare to find anyone emote spamming and even if there was its a huge stretch to go from someone hits "you're going down" too many times to mean toxic community.
+1 - Emote spamming happens, but it's pretty rare and muting emotes (or just your computer entirely) is really easy to do. Also, crushing someone who spams emotes is extra satisfying.

I'm just joking ofcourse.
Actually out of 700 matches I played this season maybe in 10-15 matches my oponent used the emotes more then 3 times

Of all emotes I have found Imlerith´s "Something amiss..." the most irritating. I really like all Dandelion´s emotes though. :D

I love emotes! As long as you're using them to trash talk, I'm fine. The moment it becomes an endless spam, I mute. Did that only once.

Can't say I noticed any change in casual compared to last week or even last month. Except that everyone was rank 1, of course.
I did take great pleasure in beating an ex-meta Dagon with my "Hearts of Stone" meme deck. :p

As for emotes, I usually mute my opponents right at the start of the game to avoid potential spam. Sometimes I forget, and sometimes I leave them unmuted to see what happens.

The only change I've noticed was the find a match length timer increasing. Had to wait over 3 minutes per match.
Oh, and people are more likely to simply throw a game on a bad hand. I've experienced a few that forfeited immediately after the first mulligan.

Eliadann;n9391781 said:
I hate emotes. Miss the times where people actually did chat in games
Sadly, you have humanity's nature + anonymity to thank for no chat. Costs too much to enforce penalties/monitor, and it's too easy for people to be asshats over the internet to each other.

It's a heartbreaking story for me, i was like 1 game away from 4000 mmr, i felt like an unstoppable locamotive fueled by coffee and weed, nothing could stop me getting to lvl 19, to sanctuary, to glory.

Then you guessed it, i slid down the ladder like a greasy monkey.

Lower then i ever slid before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP1JT5yHllQ

Since then every attempt a returning to ranked has resulted in shameless, disgusting weather spam used against me and bitter defeat.

I've been hanging out in casual ever since and the funny thing is i ALWAYS win casual matches. It's just not fair.

Top Bottom