x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Xarthisius

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Xarthisius

So, Xarthisius got a substantial buff from "Look at the Top 3 cards in your opponents deck, you may move 1 to the bottom of that deck" to "Look at the cards in your opponents deck, you may move 1 to the bottom of that deck".

This card has been terrible for a long time for a lot of reasons, and I really gave this card a good chance, but know it is looking more than playable. I've heard a lot of people claim it is OP but I heavily disagree with that.

Anyways what do you guys think about the New Xarthisius?

The ability has too be changed.

It will be absolutely broken at higher MMR. Given the ability to see all cards in the deck you can infer what cards are left in hand. This alone means that you can plan out the round in advance and setup optimal plays. The second ability also negates your opponent from drawing any card that they most need for the upcoming rounds, spies, tech cards, counters.
    "Strive to have nothing done right ... to only have existed in what we call life."

Comment

This card makes me question the devs. I mean what were they thinking lol? That card is the definition of unfun to me. Also the Jade fig, I haven't played the Witcher but I assume there isn't any Asian influence in the game/lore? What's next? Please don't go panda on us : /

I'm holding on to my money for now. Don't wanna invest in the game just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydrahead View Post
        This card makes me question the devs. I mean what were they thinking lol? That card is the definition of unfun to me. Also the Jade fig, I haven't played the Witcher but I assume there isn't any Asian influence in the game/lore? What's next? Please don't go panda on us : /

I'm holding on to my money for now. Don't wanna invest in the game just yet.
        You're assuming wrong. I think with the Jade Fig you mean Artefact Compression which is a spell that is at least (I did not read the books yet) a thing in The Witcher 2 and 3.
        I agree with you on the unfun-part about new Xarthisius..

Comment

I agree, that his new ability is stupid. 12 strength and his old ability or something completely new.

Comment

Jade figurine in witcher 3 - 2 quests soldier statuette and a nobleman statuette, long story short turned into statues by coral and freed by geralt and triss

Link for more details:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Nobleman_Statuette
            http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Soldier_Statuette
            One shot, one kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Rammyp View Post
              Jade figurine in witcher 3 - 2 quests soldier statuette and a nobleman statuette, long story short turned into statues by coral and freed by geralt and triss

Link for more details:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Nobleman_Statuette
              http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Soldier_Statuette
              Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

I am a reasonable person. I have never claimed a card to be OP, e.g. Igni and Kambi can be unhealthy for the game, but they are not OP. The reveal archetype of revealing cards in the opponent's hands is fine also. You'll need a few cards in order to see the opponent's whole hand.

Xarthisius is just plain freaking broken. Not only does it show the correct order of cards, you can also put one of them at the bottom, possible breaking a whole archetype/tactic. Even if this card sees the light of day, it will be amongst the first to be nerfed.

Comment

Xarthisius has always been unplayable, even with the synergy with Treason.
                  What's the point in giving NG Golds like Xarthisius or Assassination if no deck will ever use them?

The ability looks powerful, but the very tight Gold limit is to be considered...
                  Will you swap Cahir, Letho or Tibor for this new Xarthisius knowing that his usefulness in Round 2 and 3 is close to zero?
                  Francesca says: "Squeez me ivelya".
                  Any chance that "ivelya" is the ancient elven word for "breasts"?!

Comment

Great change ang buff to NG

Comment

Originally posted by Checco515 View Post
                      Xarthisius has always been unplayable, even with the synergy with Treason.
                      What's the point in giving NG Golds like Xarthisius or Assassination if no deck will ever use them?

The ability looks powerful, but the very tight Gold limit is to be considered...
                      Will you swap Cahir, Letho or Tibor for this new Xarthisius knowing that his usefulness in Round 2 and 3 is close to zero?
                      Well I'm all in for buffing the card but this mechanic is just dumb but most importantly it's unfun (IMO obviously!). As a matter of fact this is *probably* the worst designed card in any card game ever lol.
                      Last edited by Hydrahead; 28-08-17, 17:46.

Comment

If this card allowed you to look at the entire deck your opponent has (including those in his hand as part of the entire deck) it wouldn't be an issue. If you're familiar with the meta, you know which cards he'll run.

The problem is that it reveals what card he COULD have in hand. If you see Igni, you know he doesn't have it in his hand.

On top of that he's a 10 strength gold that allows you to break an opponent's deck/play.

I doubt it'll stay like this. As much as I like playing Nilfgaard, cards like these can mess the game up.

On to of ALL that, he shows them in order. You can actually see which cards your opponent will draw next.

Comment

I generally enjoy playing NG and i'll probably try Xarthisius but it doesn't strike me as very powerful right now, it remains to be seen. If indeed turns out to be OP personally i'd make him shuffle the deck afterwords, basically he would be a reverse Stefan Skellen.

Comment

I think people are really overreacting about this card. It has the same problem as the whole reveal archetype: information is worthless. Lets say you're playing spies NG and you see your opponent deck doesnt have igni, so you assume he has it in hand. Can you play around it? No, his igni will still provide him 20+ value on your impera brigades or joachim. You're trading 7-10 points of other competetive NG golds value (like Rainfarn) for information that isnt worth much at all. I really doubt it will see any competetive play at all in a game where tempo and points are worth a lot more than information.

Comment

As I said before, if he comes out the way he was leaked, it's the most BS card in Gwent. Maybe ever...
                              Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Comment

Working...
                              X