How many people will stop playing the game based on new changes?

+
How many people will stop playing the game based on new changes?

Stop playing the game considering the new changes? I'm legit a bit concerned since I've been talking with a few members and they all seem disgruntled about the changes, I haven't been really involved in the news, I stopped playing Gwent about 3 weeks ago, but as far as I can see the changes appear to be really sucky

I haven't played gwent the last 10 days (except today). Although I'm not amused about the gold change, the patch is a reason to start playing gwent again. At least you'll see something new. Some changes at the start of open beta bother me much more than what's before us.

None. Or very few... and if they do it because of that...

/thread?

General17491;n9388571 said:
Well, I would never quit in advance... I'll try it out and then decide. Despite the fact that I don't like the change of Gold status I think we will get used to it.

I agree with General17491 on this one. I'd go even further, I think no one should ever quit in advance, no matter how "sucky" you think the patch is going to be, you should just try it out. Since not even the devs can really foresee what kinds of interactions and strategies can surface out of a new patch, we should just wait and play it to make a stand for ourselves.

And just to be clear, I was the most discontent player after the transition from closed beta to open beta, since my two main decks included PoorF*#$%*@Infantry and Geralt Aard with a lot of ambushes and weather effects. All of it was gone, it really took me sometime to digest that one, but then again all you have to do is accept it's a Beta and go play for yourself to discover what kind of new possibilities you can arrange with your new tools. That's the mark of a good CCG player, adapting to the changes and pulling the rabbit out of the hat.

I discovered that's the fun part of playing a Beta CCG. It may suck at first, but you'll get used to it later.

If you're just not the kind of person who can have fun with that and just think it's annoying (as I'm sure a lot of people do), so I would recommend you to just wait for Gwent to get out of Beta. I think devs are going to change a lot of things back and forward until they get to the point where they say "Ok, I think that's it".

And then I hope, just as I'm sure you do, that after the official launch they will never change the really BIG mechanics again, like the way gold cards work. It's just doable while in Beta (I really hope so.....)

I considered stopping. I only have two decks and they are both Dwarf decks. With the new resilience, they are not gonna work.

I have enough scrap to build whatever I want though. So RIP Dwarves.

Definitely not quitting right when the patch hits. However very wary of how things evolve to really get invested into Gwent, considering the negative direction CDPR seem to be taking Gwent. Unless something drastic changes Gwent simply won't turn out to be the game many of us are hoping it will be, a real alternative to Hearthstone, MTG and the like rather than yet another meager MTG clone.

LMAO
I think this is the wrong place to ask this: people may say they're leaving, but if you care enough to spend your time reading and writing in a forum dedicated to gwent, chances are you'll at least play a couple of games in the new patch before you decide it's not worth your time.
Seriously, if you wanna quit, go ahead, but I have a feeling things will still be pretty interesting, and I for one want to know what's brewing...

Vespuche;n9389541 said:
I considered stopping. I only have two decks and they are both Dwarf decks. With the new resilience, they are not gonna work.

I have enough scrap to build whatever I want though. So RIP Dwarves.

Vespuche Hold on now, mate! It's not exactly like that. It is true that resilience will bring unities back to their base strength the next round, but it seems that all Dwarfs effects that used to Boost themselves or one another will now Strengthen instead. Meaning they'll be altering the base strength, so it will keep working with resilience. Resilience will just not be as good for Boosted (green number) unities. So, you won't be able to carry a Swallow potion boosted Dwarf, but I'm sure there will be a lot of Strengthening options now.

Just like I said, just don't quit the game before trying the new patch out. Don't worry too much before playing it, you might discover it's actually more fun and even more balanced (One can dream, right?). After all, that's what CDPR is working for, to improve the balance of the game, even if sometimes you don't see that way. We should just let them work and do what they do best, making a great game for us.

I think the bigger turn off for some players is the pay to win formula that it appears CDPR will start using. I imagine some cards will only be accessible to people who download that DLC. I personally dont mind as long as the DLC is not overpriced. Time will tell.

ArianeGrosmont;n9389971 said:
LMAO
I think this is the wrong place to ask this: people may say they're leaving, but if you care enough to spend your time reading and writing in a forum dedicated to gwent, chances are you'll at least play a couple of games in the new patch before you decide it's not worth your time.
Seriously, if you wanna quit, go ahead, but I have a feeling things will still be pretty interesting, and I for one want to know what's brewing...

My Eithne Dwarf deck was based around Elven Mercenarys and Potions. So that one is done.

Brouver Hoog deck may survive. I play Dwarfs like Mahakam Guard, which I know will now increase base strength. [h=6][/h] [h=6][/h]

I'm not leaving, never said I would. I'm going to try it out and most probably I will leave since the new changes changed some core aspects of the game, I just saw many people hating the new changes and decided to make a post to see what was really going on

If anyone is leaving because of announced changes before even trying them out, IMO that person never really liked the game in the 1st place.

The biggest change ofc was the one to golds. At first I was really scared about it, but the more I think about it and after seeing the live chat just a couple of minutes ago I trully believe it's a really good change and it's for the best.

Top Bottom