How many people will stop playing the game based on new changes?

+
I actually hadn't thought about that, letting us have more golds on our deck doesn't sound as a bad idea considering they are vulnerable now

It took me a fair amount of time to figure out my strategy play NR. With this update I might as well start from scratch! Henselt, Reaver Hunters, Kaedweni Sergeants and timing was all NR had going for it. Now Henselt's ability will not deploy all Reaver Hunters be caused it is limited to what type of NR units it can deploy!?!?!?! What in the actual f*&^???? Kaedweni Sergeants (now the clear weather from row unit blue stripe somthing) effects only certain types!? Give me a break! Gold units can be damaged now!?!?!? It's safe to say I'm done with GWENT for now. Let me know when the actual game starts and all the updats are done so I dont feel like I got F'ed in the A.

bigbarretbobp;n9415351 said:
It took me a fair amount of time to figure out my strategy play NR. With this update I might as well start from scratch! Henselt, Reaver Hunters, Kaedweni Sergeants and timing was all NR had going for it. Now Henselt's ability will not deploy all Reaver Hunters be caused it is limited to what type of NR units it can deploy!?!?!?! What in the actual f*&^???? Kaedweni Sergeants (now the clear weather from row unit blue stripe somthing) effects only certain types!? Give me a break! Gold units can be damaged now!?!?!? It's safe to say I'm done with GWENT for now. Let me know when the actual game starts and all the updats are done so I dont feel like I got F'ed in the A.

yeah the game did take a 360 spin, still dont know if it was for better or for worse, so far the majority of people seem to dislike it, Im still making up mi mind, just hope that this constant overhauls dont occur constantly.

I stopped playing after the open beta. I could deal with the positioning change, but then they kept changing weather and I didn't want to re-learn basic mechanics over and over again. I watched the tournament to get ready, liked what I saw compared to the last one, and then this announcement comes down the pipe. I guess I'll wait a bit longer.

Also, until they isolate some good cards behind a pay wall, we really don't have much to complain about in a F2P space.

This patch is...just bad.

So many of the cards are so badly thought out its actually funny. Who thought the new Stammelfords was actually a GOOD idea? Decks that didnt need buffing have been buffed. ST have been buffed back into the exact same control spam deck that was HATED a few patches ago.

CDPR continously fail to learn from their own fuckups and worse yet, KEEP REPEATING THEM.

The last few patches have continously made the game worse and worse, This patch is no different to that trend. CDPR need to look internally at their own balance and design team - someone(s) shouldnt be working on card games.

There are no "Good Games" when its obvious the game is rigged for card buyers. I have been giving them hell and almost hit the Masters. Now I cant play ranked .This seems like some crap because I like the game and I play well. I just so happen to get crap hands all the time and still beat the crap out of the Pioneers. I dont play on this account on my PC anymore I have been playing on PS4. I have had a bad taste in my mouth about the game but Im sure the Barrel buyers are having a great time. The game is not free.

Zjiin;n9417021 said:
This patch is...just bad.

So many of the cards are so badly thought out its actually funny. Who thought the new Stammelfords was actually a GOOD idea? Decks that didnt need buffing have been buffed. ST have been buffed back into the exact same control spam deck that was HATED a few patches ago.

CDPR continously fail to learn from their own fuckups and worse yet, KEEP REPEATING THEM.

The last few patches have continously made the game worse and worse, This patch is no different to that trend. CDPR need to look internally at their own balance and design team - someone(s) shouldnt be working on card games.

I agree with you mostly, for some time I have been thinking that something isnt right in the devs team, this big overhaul to a game we knew mostly confirms this, a 360 change shouldnt have happened at all, and there are important balancing issues which were just traded from one deck to another and a clear lack of testing, like tremmors which so far not a single soul has stated this was a good decision.

Thracius;n9417471 said:
There are no "Good Games" when its obvious the game is rigged for card buyers.

My conclusion too. Rigged for them average card buyers seeking easy, no-thinking, fun. After tried some 20 games today and getting total odd RNG and clickers after clickers after clickers winning games without any thinking I am pretty sure that my friendship with Gwent is coming soon to an abrupt ending.

Resisted 2 years with HS waiting for wonders...which never came. Deja vu for me...not willing to repeat.

i'm done with this game ive been playing since closed beta an this is the worst change ive ever seen i just cant win at any match anymore. its way too easy to counter now an it dosnt matter if im 30 or 40 points ahead all they have to do is keep spamming cards that remove mine an i dont have anything to remove there's an even if i do i'll still lose. so CPR you make great single player games but multiplayer games your bad at it. i just cant level up i want to be better but i just cant win. so im done with this

I'm going to keep playing because I want to see this game succeed. I love the Witcher games and appreciate the chance to give input so the devs can make the game better.

I'm relatevely new player, playing it since 3 months.
I invested everything to have a decent monster deck especially consume and foglet spam based, well now is useless against the majority of opponents using Scoia'tel and Northern kingdoms, monster deck now sucks.

Omen29;n9418191 said:
I'm relatevely new player, playing it since 3 months.
I invested everything to have a decent monster deck especially consume and foglet spam based, well now is useless against the majority of opponents using Scoia'tel and Northern kingdoms, monster deck now sucks.

Sorry to hear that man. Monsters does seem to have gotten worse. But the dominant consume archetype had to end. Seeing ST spells rise again is certainly annoying. But tremors will definitely get nerfed soon. The patch was a big one and CDPR made some bad decisions with some of the cards. But they will improve the balance. It is by no means an easy thing to do and they keep shifting directions. But I have faith in them. With more cards and campaigns on the way, the game will be more interesting than ever.

So....Scoia seems to have made it through this patch COMPLETELY and utterly unchanged but others like Monsters have been absolutely butchered! How is this fair? So CDPR wants any and all players to only play Scoia, that seems like a pretty screwy meta to me. I had a monsters deck that was pretty viable but not is completely and utter trash so I've wasted all my time tweaking it. I went through the cards for Scoia and not a single one was butchered.

Mau_91;n9417561 said:
I agree with you mostly, for some time I have been thinking that something isnt right in the devs team, this big overhaul to a game we knew mostly confirms this, a 360 change shouldnt have happened at all, and there are important balancing issues which were just traded from one deck to another and a clear lack of testing, like tremmors which so far not a single soul has stated this was a good decision.

How is any of this balanced now when a deck like Scoia goes completely unchecked?

Game is being dumbed down more and more. I suppose the end goal is to get to Hearthstone level of stupid. There is about 1000 percent more RNG with this new patch. I suppose each new patch will add a ton of RNG because then it is easier to manipulate the games so everybody can have 50 percent win rates.

I'm scratching my head regarding the changes to SK discard. The pirate captain that used to boost on discard now only boosts based on the highest bronze card you discard, which seems to be a 9, making the max for the card a 13. So there's no longer a card to keep up with the cards that boost in hand in ST and Nilf. Then you can't play the Priestess or the Herbalist because they're both 1 strength and every time you play one of them your opponent spams Stammelfords Tremors. THEN CDPR seems to have also removed the veteran tag from the CaC Raider (and given the veteran tag to...King Bran? When you typically use Bran round 1), so if you want to discard them in the third round via Madman Lugos or whatever, you no longer get the extra points. Basically, discard has changed drastically, to the point that it's unplayable with the addition of Tremors.

I thought this patched looked good, but now I'm not feeling it. Guess I'll have to start playing Nilfgfaard.

Worst patch ever, with easy uncomplex combos that can just destroy your oppenents cards before they even get on the board!! THIS IS SAD AND ANNOYING!

Top Bottom