How many people will stop playing the game based on new changes?

+
Guys what's your opinion on letting us have more gold cards on our decks, say 6, since they are more vulnerable now?

The most idiotic patch ever. Like seriously, I had 3 decks that have been quite good before the patch, now all of those NR SK and Monsters decks are completely destroyed because with each upcoming patch changes are enormous and you supposed to create new decks every freaking time.
There's no point continue playing on this acc, that's the ridiculous part. Because actually, newbies are getting better cards than I do, after playing for like how much, 10 months? Good job, CD.

What? This patch is great!!! Now no more holding Gold card until the last round, good new mechanics and trust me, soon spelldeck will be much less common than now - new great deck are appearing. :)

I dont see why people complain, aside from Monsters only users. I must admit, monsters got nerfed hard. But all the other factions have playability. Sure ST is dominant, but its still fun to try decks. As with any faction. As long as you have the cards, you should be able to make a new viable deck. And to get all yhe new bronzes for a faction only costs 1200 scraps. You could grind for that in less than a week if need be, if you don't already get the cards in kegs. So if your old NR reaver deck is now cheap, so what? Switch to armor or machines

I consider myself a playtester, and so I'm not going to get mad and storm off -- that isn't how playtesting works. I honestly think the new gold vulnerability is going to ruin some cards, but I'm going to stick around because we're still in beta. More patches will surely come as we test and fine tune it.

Guest 4021160

Birkewedd;n9426851 said:
The most idiotic patch ever. Like seriously, I had 3 decks that have been quite good before the patch,...

Whenever I hear "like seriously" before an argument I drop to my knees and pray for forgiveness to the gods of logic.

The playtesting and beta excuses went out the window when the game released for everyone, included an in-game economy in the shape of buying kegs with real money and when devs started hosting tournaments.

This is a beta in title only. People aren't waiting for them to remove "beta" from the title screen to jump on and play. Anyone who has any interest in Gwent is already playing it. This is far from a beta.

I know devs are doing their best and certainly aren't doing this on purpose or for the hell of it. But things need to change. Maybe increase the number of people in the PTR. And instead of having a huge patch every 2 months, have a few smaller ones, hotfixes, every 2 weeks. It would help keep the game fresh by changing things before they get too stale.

i don't like the golds not being immune and being destroyed by igni and scorch they should make it so golds cannot be destroyed or targeted by Igni and scorch.Unseen Elder is absolutely useless now.What else i want to see is a rework of Hjalmar An Craite so he can fit into King Bran discard deck with his sister Cerys and i can switch my Coral with him cause i love Hjalmar but now he is very bad that 1 point buff is not enough i think Hjalmar should go to 15 and his effect should be reworked to fit the playstyle of king bran deck

Not a fan of this patch. Even at 2800 MMR right now, all I see are SC spell decks. Thought this patch was supposed to balance things more, but it's obviously not. There's no counters to Dol Blathana buffing in deck and hand. All the other cards were changed to prevent that, but not them.

I love the game but I am honestly a bit disappointed by the apparent unbalance of OP ST Spell and the many unplayably suboptimal archetypes that just take up the space in the collection but simply fail to be attractive.

My previous feelings have been at each patch: "ooh this type of deck looks cool, I want to try it! this one too! this too!" but now: "this doesn't really make sense... this either..." tried to play some subtypes just for the feel of it, and even putting aside that I would lose most my matches against the ever present Spell deck, I still couldn't see them being competitive.

but maybe I'm just bad at trying out new stuff and getting bored of the game in general regardless of the new patch.

I'm fine with this patch atm.
Yeah SC seems OP but many people can't play it right or isn't their style, it's a very hard and heavy control deck.
I think they're going to the right direction with this patch, but need some more bug fixes.
It's very usual some decks to be more OP than others, that's meta and is happening to all tcg/ccg games.
The player in every format have to choose to play a meta tier1 deck (or decks) and anti-meta (counter decks)... That can't be change... There will not be ever "perfect balance".

BlueyesOwl;n9433611 said:
Yeah SC seems OP but many people can't play it right or isn't their style

Here I am! I played NR and Monsters, never played Sco. But it's almost a "must play to win" faction. So i just started to learn how to play it. I play only casual (self made dwarf and mulligan deck) and make many misplays. My winrate is horrible...

Im not loving the changes at all im going to be playing a lot less. The thing i loved most about the game was making goofy weather decks and mixing and matching odd combos. Now weather is even worse then before. Like cool they made more interactions with frost but then gave the middle finger to fog. NR is out of fricking control, i played for about an hour and half today and roughly half my games were against NR. Its like a ton of the golden cards are just useless now because they get treated like every other card. Like whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy projektred I loved the game before the patch and now its all kinds of meh with a few decks that crush anything that wants to be fun and out of the box. Im still going to come back here and there and try to invent decks that dont get dumpstered on every single game but I honestly think this recent patch was a step in the wrong direction. ok rant done.

I don't understand people who are upset about their old decks being useless. What did you think would happen? The meta was figured out. There was literally nothing left to discover. They had to change it, not just alter it a little, in order to give people new things to discover.
As for those claiming ST is OP. Have you already forgotten Dagon? The most brainless deck possible. At least ST takes brains to play. And it's not even the only viable deck. It gets stomped on by SK. Greatswords are the nuts vs ST if you can't remove them immediately. NR is also strong. And I've been playing a reveal NG deck that nobody else seems to be playing and it does pretty well. I'm at 3.2k right now.
All in all, I like this patch. It changed the meta which gives room for innovation and every faction has competitive viability, even monsters. Try Succubus consume and you'll see.

Just uninstalled the game.
Im getting either lazy or tired but i just cant make myself to learn the game again losing all interest in the game at the same time.

I won't stop. I just accept that every once in a while, things might turned upside down and I have to learn new strategies based on whatever changes they made to the cards. As long as it doesn't happen too often, I'm okay with it. The only thing I can't stand, and that could lead to my leaving the game is the people that forfeit just before they lose. I can't stand that! That is the cheesiest, cheapest, lack of sportsmanship and lack of honor move a person can do. People who forfeit are far more frustrating to me than any changes in the game or cards.

Top Bottom