How many people will stop playing the game based on new changes?

+

Guest 4021160

I stopped playing. Will start again in the future. When stuff settles. Probably will playthrough ToEE lawful evil party meanwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4021160

ArianeGrosmont;n9419541 said:
You do realize when you make a 360 turn, you end up facing the same way?

Ha! Good one. The guy probably cares about duh math as much as x×10^1000000 while x=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, and I thought reddit was the place with the most whiners, but I guess that's actually not correct. No seriously, I'm sorry if anyone is actually offended by this statement, but that's the impression I get when I read through the 10 pages of this thread.

I mean, I was also relatively sceptical about the changes in the latest patch and the hotfix left me scratching my head, but that being said, the patch turned out to be not bad at all, with a good variety of decks being played. What I wanna say is that posting your opinion on the changes based off of your initial reaction to them might not be the wisest choice. Although, the hotfix makes it seem like NR is the only deck everyone will be playing against, I bet in time there will be other decks surfacing that counter it.

If anyone wants to quit playing right now, sure go ahead, but I don't see a reason why you shouldn't just wait and see. Play some casuals, experiment, and I think when the meta will have settled a bit more there will be deck variety enough for everyone to find something that is payable and that they like.

Karolis.petrikas;n9482311 said:
I stopped playing. Will start again in the future. When stuff settles. Probably will playthrough ToEE lawful evil party meanwhile.

Temple of Elemental Evil. Damn, I actually knew that abbreviation. Related, recently completed another PS:T run (thanks to the new remaster).

Let's go back on topic before the moderators... wait a minute, hmm... I won't stop playing Gwent. There, off-topicness circumvented!

Guest 4021160

4RM3D;n9485201 said:
Temple of Elemental Evil. Damn, I actually knew that abbreviation. Related, recently completed another PS:T run (thanks to the new remaster).

Let's go back on topic before the moderators... wait a minute, hmm... I won't stop playing Gwent. There, off-topicness circumvented!

The temple entering sequence puts shivers up my spine every time. The game is a piece of art.

The game keeps changing and we have been through this before... but this update was fucking stupid. Time to catch up on some other games I've been putting off. They are all silver cards now... ffs

Now that I have been playing the game for a while, I can say theres a lot of good, and some bad. One problem is that there is less deck variety than before. But other than that there are still a lot of competitive archetypes and playstyles with the new cards. Monsters still has consume and frost decks, and deathwish works somewhat. Spell'teal works somewhat as well post hotfix, as does ST mulligan though they both got nerfed. And now there is a new archetype that revolves around dwarves and agitator, as well as hybrid varieties with the other archetypes. NG Millgaard, reveal and spies are all viable. AS for SK, most decks seem to run Greatsword, though there are still some discard Queensgaurd decks out there, and axemen have a small presence. The least variety seems to be with NR. The vast majority of the decks are armor, with a few machine decks mixed in. NR muster is almost all but dead.

I think the big problem is that a lot of cards are no longer played at all. Crappy golds and several bronzes. Im sure CDPR will analyze the data and give these cards perks to make them more attractive during the next patch.

Mnorojo;n9490161 said:
Now that I have been playing the game for a while, I can say theres a lot of good, and some bad. One problem is that there is less deck variety than before. But other than that there are still a lot of competitive archetypes and playstyles with the new cards. Monsters still has consume and frost decks, and deathwish works somewhat. Spell'teal works somewhat as well post hotfix, as does ST mulligan though they both got nerfed. And now there is a new archetype that revolves around dwarves and agitator, as well as hybrid varieties with the other archetypes. NG Millgaard, reveal and spies are all viable. AS for SK, most decks seem to run Greatsword, though there are still some discard Queensgaurd decks out there, and axemen have a small presence. The least variety seems to be with NR. The vast majority of the decks are armor, with a few machine decks mixed in. NR muster is almost all but dead.

I think the big problem is that a lot of cards are no longer played at all. Crappy golds and several bronzes. Im sure CDPR will analyze the data and give these cards perks to make them more attractive during the next patch.

When you say a deck is 'viable', do you mean you can play it and enjoy it? Or do you mean it's competitive and can be used to rank up with a high winrate?

ArianeGrosmont;n9493611 said:
When you say a deck is 'viable', do you mean you can play it and enjoy it? Or do you mean it's competitive and can be used to rank up with a high winrate?

I have been playing an ST Agitator deck, a Monster consume deck, and a NR Machine/Armor hybrid deck in Ranked and am sitting at about 60W to 30L ratio. Granted Im not playing in the pro ladder. But each of these decks is viable. Once players get into Rank 19 plus territory then it becomes more limited in what can actually work. Im not sure where the meta now stands, but after the hotfix it seems NR armor is most dominant. My ST Agitator Marauder deck has about a 50-50 shot against NR Armor, 50-50 against SK Discard, and 50-50 mirror match up, but otherwise owns just about any other deck. So maybe ST Agitator is also up there high in the meta. In any event, the meta has always been reduced to about 3 decks. I havent played any other Online CCGs but this is the impression I have gotten reading the forum, that its the case for Hearthstone and all the rest.

Anyhow, I have a lot of decks across 4 factions and often experiment in casual. The game is still enjoyable for me, and I am driven to collect more cards to give me more versatility in the decks I can put together.

I was really excited about the new patch and the new cards and abilities, especially for ST. In the last few days though I've grown extremely weary. It seems that a consierable number of players have migrated to the infuriating Calveit deck and so I might take some time off until there's an update or hotfix.

Last edited:
hello i am lv 5 and i was close to stop playing too ......

What is that kind of game who let you only 2 or 3 choice of deck ?

Fighting exactly the same card as you every game because those neutral card are broken ?

What is the point to continu playing in a scrypted game ? better to have a computer generated fight were u just look at the result

archangeline;n9508541 said:
hello i am lv 5 and i was close to stop playing too ......

What is that kind of game who let you only 2 or 3 choice of deck ?

Fighting exactly the same card as you every game because those neutral card are broken ?

What is the point to continu playing in a scrypted game ? better to have a computer generated fight were u just look at the result

Hey bro.. welcome to the game. And hang in there.
I promise it gets better. There is more diversity in the game than I have ever seen in a year. (Due to the fact the meta is still trying to rear it's ugly head) but at lvl 5 your gona get a few things
New players like yourself
Smurf accounts
and new players dropping lots of money to get the best (for now) net deck.

if you are a free to play player it's going to be a good grind to get to lvl 10+

but everyone has made that climb.you can too

Gwent has turned in to a buff war.. Northen realms especially, it's just crazy how much value they can generate now, being able to buff their amor and steal it to gain power. And that's just within in their faction then you add potions on top of that. Not cool.

That it has. I've dumped monsters all together.I refuse to play eredin frost. Seems like a good deck. But I just think frost play is annoying ...and would hate to be that guy.

consume..from what I see..is a no go
along with deathwish
both are missing the shear numbers/buffs/carry over to compete in the 3rd round.

I never thought I'd say the above. But it's how I see it

been full on skellige since the hotfix
running a couple of decent decks that are doing ok in casual ..when I get the nerve up after playing an hour or so I'll jump in ranked...win a few and back to casual to hone the deck skill..

But I'm enjoying the game still nonetheless

TheShift try my monsters deck in the monsters section under thread Monsters reviews. It is original ( nevr encountered one yet) and doing pretty well for me on ladder in comparison to the other monsters archetypes

Michelazz;n9510311 said:
TheShift try my monsters deck in the monsters section under thread Monsters reviews. It is original ( nevr encountered one yet) and doing pretty well for me on ladder in comparison to the other monsters archetypes

Sure will..

You know after i posted this i ran into a few consume decks lastnight that did real well.. in fact {not that i am the best card player or have the most l33t deck} smoked my pirate deck that had a pretty good win ratio going lol

so.. i guess once again,i am eating my words

Snake_Foxhounder;n9508661 said:
What's so infuriating about the Calveit deck, if I may ask? Why is it worse than NR armor or even the new ST mulligan?

At least absolutly OP Menno Coehoorn. You feel like you cannot do anything playing against those spies.

A.V.E.N.T.O.;n9518391 said:
At least absolutly OP Menno Coehoorn. You feel like you cannot do anything playing against those spies.

You can simply use a lock. Menno is a Gold that requires another bronze to actually work. Are you a Skellige player, by any chance? Because the only faction that has issues against NG can be Skellige, due to assassins shutting plays down.

As with every patch, Nilfgaard is a faction that requires the most setup and thought to play. In the right hands it's quite good but far from OP and isn't an autopilot deck.

Top Bottom