Dev Livestream Patch Changes

+
Dev Livestream Patch Changes

Can someone put up more info for the upcoming patch from the Livestream talk. I only caught the last bit. But these were the things I remember.

The patch is tomorrow-pretty sure thats what they said at the end

Trio has been removed from game

Ves can now Mulligan up to 2 cards if soldier or officer type

Trollolo is 11 strength plus 4 armor and gains 2 armor every turn

Assassination deals 8 damage twice. Any units destroyed in this manner enter the graveyard locked

Foglets have 4 strength. Only one goes into play when fog is placed. And only from graveyard if no more in deck

Celano Harpy is 5 with two eggs. But hatched creature is only 1 strength

Gigni now needs row strength of 25 to activate. Developers said overall unit card strengths have increased, so this is to reflect that

Regis no longer consumes a card. Instead weakens unit by half power and gains that power

Tremors now damages all units on both sides by 1. If any unit killed, spawns earth elemental

Borkh is same but with 3 armor

Ciri Dash same but with 10 strength

Even Mercenaries only 1 strength

"Regis no longer consumes a card. Instead weakens unit by half power and gains that power"

Regis never consumed anything. That is Regis: Higher Vampire.

Damn, Lambert looking extremely powerful (7 base power, something like: damage any unit by 5 and up to 4 copies of it by 4)

Ithlinne basically buffed by 7 points....weird

Last edited:
Mnorojo;n9391201 said:
... Celano Harpy is 5 with two eggs. But hatched creature is only 1 strength...

Dude... like nothing has been learned the last two months.

Francesca got a rework. Sorry if my wording is wrong. Mulligan a card, then choose a bronze card from your deck.

Doe that mean I pick the card I mull into? Or I get a new card from the regular mull AND then choose a card from my deck?

Vespuche;n9391541 said:
Francesca got a rework. Sorry if my wording is wrong. Mulligan a card, then choose a bronze card from your deck.

As far as I remember, you could choose any card you want and not just a bronze card.

Saskia mulligans up to 2 cards and you can choose two 2 bronze cards from your deck to replace them.

Last edited:
partci;n9391531 said:
Dude... like nothing has been learned the last two months.

Overall, the value of cards has grown.
Caelano was 3+1+1+3+3=11, now it's 5+1+1+1+1=9 (with the spawned harpies not having Deathwish), it's a decent nerf.

When Yencon only changed from 5 to 4 from Closed to Open Beta it looked like it would keep being an autoinclude, but it wasn't the case due to a general buff to cards values in general.

Mnorojo;n9391201 said:
Assassination deals 8 damage twice. Any units destroyed in this manner enter the graveyard locked

I remember devs speaking about this, but didn´t see it on the card. Thoughts?

DMaster2;n9391821 said:
They killed the order ability. Which i called broken like 2 months ago. About time i might add.

What's the new ability of imperial golems? Missed that.

I was pausing the video of the stram on every card they "mouse over" and tons of them have changed. Nilfgard side, it even feels that there are more bronzes with their ability either completely changed or heavily tweaked than unchanged abilities.

BornBoring;n9391231 said:
Damn, Lambert looking extremely powerful (7 base power, something like: damage any unit by 5 and up to 4 copies of it by 4)
It's surely a really competitive gold right now.

Another card that I believe is also really powerful is Yencon - 7 power, damage the highest units by 1 by the end of the turn, deathwish: damage the highest units by 2.
Worst case scenario is a 10 strength card that costed your oponnent a precious removal.

Golems are now summoned from the deck whenever the player reveals a card in either hand (only 1 for each reveal trigger). They're also back to 3 power.

Novice now draws the top 2 bronze alchemy cards, plays one and shuffles the other. At 2 power.

Assassination is actually viable now. Especially with all the deathwish golds. It will also stop certain ressurrect cards and veteran effects. I'm so looking forward to the new Nilfgaard

from reddit:

"Spotter: Deploy: Choose a Revealed Unit in either Hand and boost self by its base power

Golem: Whenever you Reveal a card in your Opponent's hand, play this Unit from your deck (1 copy per card revealed)

Also i believe that Calveit can choose Golden cards cause his text is "Look at the 3 top cards in your Deck and play 1"

Update:

Vicovaro Novice: Deploy: Draw the top 2 Bronze Alchemy cards from your Deck. Play 1 and shuffle the others back.

Alba Pikeman : 4 Strength but only 1 turn to wait

Alba Spearmen: Whenever a player draws a card to their hand, boost self by 1

Ambassador: Boost an ally by 12

Letho of Gulet: Now destroys only adjacent units

Serrit: 6 strength, can damage an enemy by 5 or old ability"

bojerbela;n9392171 said:
Me too. I wanted to make a note of the changes, but it takes too much time...

Yeah, there's too much changes, that's crazy.
I'm supper happy with the change to the dol blathana marksman btw. That card will be so fun to play, I don't care if movement deck are stil not competitive at all, first thing post patch I will do (after opening kegs~) will be to craft a deck using that card.
Unhappy that them and their friends dol blathana archers still are only "enemy" for targeting on deploy though. Is this asking too much for scoia to have units that can kill nasty stuff on our own side, sigh...

I'd like to know why ST has no new movement unit, yet SK just got an amazing movement unit, though....

Last edited:
As a, for the time being, ST player who finds Dwarves really boring, to say that i was hugely disappointed after the stream would be an understatement ( i do like the Pyrotechnician ). If you want a viable ST deck, it's pretty much Dwarves or Spellatel.

ST control goes hand in hand with Eithne. Now, with the Sage card which is a teeny tiny Eithne wannabe, isn't it safe to assume that Eithne's ability got changed?
Movement was more of a joke archetype ( i personally find it very fun, but definitely not competitive ) and now a movement related gold becomes a fancy Alzur's.
After the Francesca change, i don't know if the Mulligan archetype is legit. Don't get me wrong, i think the new Francesca sounds really good, but i don't think a Mulligan deck makes sense anymore. The most maddening thing is that NR has now cards with mulligan abilities. Whatever...

And what's up with 9 strength Aglais? I hope they removed or at least reduced the "effort". Unless she's completely changed.

Most pleasant thing i've seen so far is stupid Donar finally not being able to steal cards from the deck.

bilbo.baggins;n9392411 said:
As a, for the time being, ST player who finds Dwarves really boring, to say that i was hugely disappointed after the stream would be an understatement ( i do like the Pyrotechnician ). If you want a viable ST deck, it's pretty much Dwarves or Spellatel.

ST control goes hand in hand with Eithne. Now, with the Sage card which is a teeny tiny Eithne wannabe, isn't it safe to assume that Eithne's ability got changed?
Movement was more of a joke archetype ( i personally find it very fun, but definitely not competitive ) and now a movement related gold becomes a fancy Alzur's.
After the Francesca change, i don't know if the Mulligan archetype is legit. Don't get me wrong, i think the new Francesca sounds really good, but i don't think a Mulligan deck makes sense anymore. The most maddening thing is that NR has now cards with mulligan abilities. Whatever...

And what's up with 9 strength Aglais? I hope they removed or at least reduced the "effort". Unless she's completely changed.

Most pleasant thing i've seen so far is stupid Donar finally not being able to steal cards from the deck.

Eithne wasn't changed, that's one of the thing I made sure off. (and yes, Donar's change was really needed).Yes, NR has now a mulligan card and SK has now a pretty good movement card. I didn't get it as well.

To sum up all the changes I've seen on ST

Leaders :
Francesca now 7str, mulligan only one card, but you choose whatever you want from your deck after that, and boost that card by 3 if it's a unit.
Broover hoog does his current ability but can also choose any bronze dwarf instead of a silver unit if he wants to.

Bronzes :
Mulligan side,
Vrihedd officer is 6 str instead of 7, and boost itself by the base power of the card you got after mulliganing away one card in your hand (if it's a spell it buffs itself by 5).
vanguards now buff the whole elf ally board by 1 every time they're mulliganed away, as well as on deploy.

Movement side,
The marksman got a very interesting buff. It's 7 instead of 6, still has the same deploy and "when moved" ability, BUT on top of this also has the old Iorverth ability (will damage any unit moved on the other side by two).

elven mercenary got nerfed by one.
Wardancer, Sappers, DB archers, vrihedd dragoon, dwarven mercenaries, skirmishers, mahakam defenders got buffed by one. (note : many cards across the board on every faction received a similar +1 str buff)
Smugglers and vrihedd brigade got buffed by 2 (4->6 and 6> 8)

Commando neophyte was changed into a "whenever you DRAW a card, damage a random enemy by 2".
Mahakam guard now STRENGTHEN the ally by 3 if it's a dwarf, and boost it by 4 if it's not a dwarf. he also went from 5 to 6 strength.
hawker healers is now 1 more strength and boost 2 units by 3 (no mention of the place they are, so probably direct target).

Silvers
Idea is now 3str, but got quen replaced by overdose ( which will do what tremors is currently doing)
Eleyas went from a useless silver to a the first official mulligan silver(6str that boost himself by 2 every times he's drawn or mulliganed away).
Ciaran is 9 strength. Exact ability is unknown.
Morenn is 8 instead of 6, same ability.
Barclay now STRENGTHEN the summoned dwarf by 3.

Other silvers seems completely unchanged.

Ithlinne is now loyal 2 strength instead of disloyal 5, so that's a 7 strength change. However, it's only weather and spells rather than "specials". So no more double potions, double lacerate, and the like.
Aglais is 9 strength but no longer has an effort tag, so she stays at 9. It's still special for her, just like eithne.
Iorverth is just a 7 str damaging 7.
Milva now boost by 3 the returned ally, and ehr ability specifies tha tit cannot affect herself, but is unchanged otherwise.
Saskia is now a 10 str gold that mulligan away two cards and pick any bronze from your deck instead
Saesenthessis has the same ability, but is now 10 strength instead of 9.
Schirru however is pretty much KILLED by the patch. As the scorch he creates can kill him now, and he was left "unchanged". Clearly the patch change about the gold card is released with Schirru completely forgotten.
Zoltan now also damage moved enemies by 2.

Still watching the end of the stream to see if I catch on something else.

ImO you can still not create a competitive deck with mulligan or movement as a core (a mix of some of those with other cards may emerge though). We're getting something that looks better overall though. First gold and first silver for mulligan, more interesting mechanisms for mulligan bronze, a movement bronze that became quite a bit stronger for offensive movement, zoltan is stronger offensively as well and can combine nicely with the mar, and the stupid Iorverth is no longer a gold for movement (I wish they made it simply better/different but still for movement rather than a boring "7 damage 7" though). I was hoping for more than that, but we're going in the right direction.
Furthermore, with the change to gold and how imapacted some cards like Schirru are as a result, after the patch scorch centred ST decks are pretty much a thing of the past.

We may see a buff-centred elf deck emerge with several of the new cards, maybe with a hybrid variant including a part of the mulligan archetype. Not sure it will be able to take on the stronger decks around, but too soon to say anything~

Last edited:
Zefyris;n9392661 said:
Eithne wasn't changed, that's one of the thing I made sure off. (and yes, Donar's change was really needed).Yes, NR has now a mulligan card and SK has now a pretty good movement card. I didn't get it as well.

How did you catch all these changes? If Eithne didn't change, on one hand i'm happy, on the other hand it makes the new Sage card really boring/unimaginative ( and it screams Spellatel imo ). At least, in a non Eithne deck, running one Sage sounds useful.

Maybe a buffing centered deck will turn out good, even competitive, but for me personally it's pretty boring/uninteresting. I like using a couple of Dragoons or H.Supports, trying to buff Toruviel ,Aelirenn or Braenn, but building a deck around the buff mechanic...no thanks ( though, i still find a buff deck better than dwarves or spellatel ).

If i'm not mistaken, NR has 2 mulligan related cards: the Tutor guy and Ves.

Top Bottom