New Kambi - now just a fun, "troll" card??

+
New Kambi - now just a fun, "troll" card??

Well, new Kambi can be destroyed by many ways. It gives my opponent Hemdall, but... What is giving me????)))) zero???
cause all my gold cards will now die too))
so what is the idea of new Kambi???
"fun", "troll" card, or am I missing something?)

BornBoring;n9395001 said:
Hemdall apears on your side of the board, if Kambi is destroyed.

nope it's not.. the only change is no counter... & I am too confuse now that what's the use of this card ?

Last edited:
Oh, he's loyal now. Well, he does the same thing as before but without counter. You just have to destroy him. Gold change makes him now a awful card though.

Last edited:
Well, I think it could be used if your opponent has a lots of points on the board. If I understand the card correctly it reduces his side of the board to 16 (Hemdall) and your side of the board to 1 (Kambi) to reduce a possible higher gap to 15 points. So it would make sense if you have deathwish units on your side (e.g. price-winning cow) but I don't know if Kambi is competitive this way. Or am I missing something?

Curious as well. I played mostly a self made deck around Kambi - Hjalmar which insured me a solid WR. Curiously in 2 month I have never encountered another deck based on this combo. Not a single one, in neither casual or ranked ...in like 1500+ games. Guess this is because is quite a hard deck to play, while each step must be carefully planned. Click-click is not working at all with this kind of deck.

As I watched their videos, the game is going into same direction as others like HS did. Netdecks + RNG, requiring clicking only, will decide the fate of vast majority of the games (while R from RNG does not stand for the word "random" but for another one - don't shoot, my opinion only :)) ) Real time adaptation of strategy will remain as a minor decision factor in Gwent. Pity....

One of a major role of gold cards was practically to squeeze your opponent to make another step, while having very limited actions against these cards - important part of a real time strategy. Now this will disappear, favoring clicking over thinking.

You need something to destroy Hemdall like the new Vabjorn (Destroy every damaged Unit) in combination with something, which damages Hemdall, if you want to win the round. In the end I think, CDPR doesn't want to make Kambi a "round winner", more like a tech card against resilent carryover as example, which let you win round one and try to win the other rounds. With the new Kambi you can still destroy their gameplan, but at least the opponent can gain one round win instead of zero.

nobody606;n9395301 said:
You need something to destroy Hemdall like the new Vabjorn (Destroy every damaged Unit) in combination with something, which damages Hemdall, if you want to win the round. In the end I think, CDPR doesn't want to make Kambi a "round winner", more like a tech card against resilent carryover as example, which let you win round one and try to win the other rounds. With the new Kambi you can still destroy their gameplan, but at least the opponent can gain one round win instead of zero.

Kambi is not at all an automatic round winner. Few conditions have to be met. And these requires careful planning. You need the right moment and combination of cards to play Kambi. And this is not always when you have three cards left in your hand. If you missed, you have only handed your opponent a nice 16 value gold body. And the idea is not only to destroy the opponent gameplan, but to win :)

And if you build the deck with it, thinking that it will increase the chances to get 2nd or 3rd round, you need to maximize the chances to pull it out from the deck. And that means that you will have only limited cards to push for a win in 1st or 2nd round....but you will definitely not have enough if you push 1st round and lose. Which is not the case for other types of decks.

I agree with OP, Kambi will become a kind of a troll card.

errrr... if it's Kambi's DEATHWISH to spawn Hemdall, how come he says "Except Kambi"? Kambi's already dead.

unless there are some "trigger Deathwish" effects for Skellige??

It may have some uses, like denying a bunch of carryover units, but I don't get why Hemdall doesn't destroy Kambi. Does it mean that players will be able to trigger Kambi's deathwish without destroying him? With something like current regular Harpy ability. And second Hemdall will destroy the first one?

NlelithZ44;n9396551 said:
It may have some uses, like denying a bunch of carryover units, but I don't get why Hemdall doesn't destroy Kambi. Does it mean that players will be able to trigger Kambi's deathwish without destroying him? With something like current regular Harpy ability. And second Hemdall will destroy the first one?

It´s so that it will not matter who shoot his Kambi first in case of mirror decks. In such scenario these decks effectively negate each other.

The only times this was played against me was when the opponent wouldn't be able to catch up (usually in the third round) and wanted a clean slate where s/he hoped to have the upper hand.

I do not see a situational difference where this card would be played.

Therefore, the loyalty change and Kambi staying on board is really trivial.

Top Bottom