x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First impression of new patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First impression of new patch

As everybody else, I opened all my kegs, got 12k scraps and now I'm looking for cards to make my old decks better/work at all. This obviously takes some time and testing, but I noticed that a lot of cards were changed to weird restrictions(NR and Skellige clans, support, cursed etc. categories). Regardless of balance, the previous designs of Henselt, Reinforcement etc. were so much better because they were simple. Adding restrictions like these is an odd way to balance things and makes deck building a lot more frustrating. tfw the strategy you just thought of doesn't work because a card doesn't have a necessary tag (I can't use Henselt on Aretuza adepts anymore :'( )

As stated in the title, this is just my first impression.

A very frst impression:

Thank you CDPR for Artefact Compression!

It has got to be the best Gwent card ever!

It is lore, it can turn the game around and most importantly it is both fun and funny!

Thanks for bringing some smiles over from Witcher 3!

Edit: I just played this card against an opponent with a golden fancy frame and won the game. Oh my, can I get a "Say hello to my little friend" ?!

Last edited by zecenker; 30-08-17, 01:33.
    Get over your GG issues.

Comment

So, Witch Hunter ability goes straight through Quen. Tell me what good does this do to that card?

Also - D-Shacks STILL can't target Ambush cards when you play them from your hand. How long will it take to fix this one, please?

Comment

The Mahakam Marouder is a joke.
        This card is a hit in my face.
        Remove or nerf.

Comment

Gotta love the absolute shitstorm gwent is in right now. Loving the screams and shouts, moans and cries. Please continue the shenanigans, my popcorn and beers are ready.
          A true gwentleman doesn't take offence on a troll, cause troll is whom smashes his barrelsTM

Comment

It is edible.Winning with Mulligan is really making my day.

Comment

While there are many things I'm not super happy with, the current state of Stammelford's Tremors is my main gripe with the patch. For a neutral bronze card to have such a wide impact and be played in so many decks seems excessive, and is really annoying to have to build/play around. I had expected to hate the change to golds, but so far it seems fine. Weather does seem extremely prominent so far, but it's too early to really tell how it's going to turn out. I've yet to experiment enough with decks to really have an opinion, but NR seem to have gotten the short end of the stick while ST and Monsters seem very strong. All in all, I think I'd probably be ok for the patch if not for Tremors. Here's hoping it gets changed/reverted to its old self soon.
              Last edited by Braunschweiger; 30-08-17, 00:20.

Comment

I think it will suck if they keep changing things like this constantly, like we were all waiting for new cards and minor changed and got almost a completely new game, I had to throw out every single deck I had and start over, this is gonna be a pain in the ass if done constantly

Comment

Mahakam Marouder <-wtf is that? Really?

Comment

I am soory, but did anyone of devs have tested Vrihedd Officer? 14+ bronze card plus milligan is something wierd

Comment

I have encountered more more than a couple of cards that are broken right now, unfortunately I find this out to my own defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Karolis.petrikas View Post
                        Gotta love the absolute shitstorm gwent is in right now. Loving the screams and shouts, moans and cries. Please continue the shenanigans, my popcorn and beers are ready.
                        Honestly, I don't remember enjoying any sort of chaos so much in my life!
                        Last edited by zecenker; 30-08-17, 01:35. Reason: Typos.
                        Get over your GG issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Braunschweiger View Post
                          While there are many things I'm not super happy with, the current state of Stammelford's Tremors is my main gripe with the patch. For a neutral bronze card to have such a wide impact and be played in so many decks seems excessive, and is really annoying to have to build/play around. I had expected to hate the change to golds, but so far it seems fine. Weather does seem extremely prominent so far, but it's too early to really tell how it's going to turn out. I've yet to experiment enough with decks to really have an opinion, but NR seem to have gotten the short end of the stick while ST and Monsters seem very strong. All in all, I think I'd probably be ok for the patch if not for Tremors. Here's hoping it gets changed/reverted to its old self soon.
                          Tremors currently is a perfect example of someone at CDPR being in the wrong job.

Comment

I Want to hear people's thoughts and impressions of the new patch. Anything you think is OP or underwhelming? Have you experienced anything yet that has you scratching your head? Have any juicy information you've learned that you think is worth sharing? Share it here! I'll share a few small but hopefully useful (to the common player) things I've learned. THe CLAN An craite greatsword's countdown timer triggers before any weather or damage tick from your oppenent. I've also noticed (but I've only experienced it once so I'm not sure if this is a reliable observation) that when you caretaker a MAHAKAM MARAUDER their ability MIGHT not work on your side of the board I cannot duplication this instanct. And lastly ive noticed that I don't even remember what FOG does because winter is coming....

Comment

To me, Underwhelming. Badly.

Not much seems to have changed at all, ranked is still flodded with the EXACT same consume MO deck from before with the 2nd most popular being frost spam Monster. (Its become blatantly clear by now that CDPR feel the need to have a "idiot proof" faction and Monsters is it.)

Basically nothing much different from the last patch, as per.
                              Last edited by Zjiin; 30-08-17, 02:28.

Comment

Working...
                              X