First impression of new patch

+
First impression of new patch

As everybody else, I opened all my kegs, got 12k scraps and now I'm looking for cards to make my old decks better/work at all. This obviously takes some time and testing, but I noticed that a lot of cards were changed to weird restrictions(NR and Skellige clans, support, cursed etc. categories). Regardless of balance, the previous designs of Henselt, Reinforcement etc. were so much better because they were simple. Adding restrictions like these is an odd way to balance things and makes deck building a lot more frustrating. tfw the strategy you just thought of doesn't work because a card doesn't have a necessary tag (I can't use Henselt on Aretuza adepts anymore :'( )

As stated in the title, this is just my first impression.

A very frst impression:

Thank you CDPR for Artefact Compression!

It has got to be the best Gwent card ever!

It is lore, it can turn the game around and most importantly it is both fun and funny!

Thanks for bringing some smiles over from Witcher 3!

Edit: I just played this card against an opponent with a golden fancy frame and won the game. Oh my, can I get a "Say hello to my little friend" ?!

:smile:

Last edited:
So, Witch Hunter ability goes straight through Quen. Tell me what good does this do to that card?

Also - D-Shacks STILL can't target Ambush cards when you play them from your hand. How long will it take to fix this one, please?

Guest 4021160

Gotta love the absolute shitstorm gwent is in right now. Loving the screams and shouts, moans and cries. Please continue the shenanigans, my popcorn and beers are ready.

While there are many things I'm not super happy with, the current state of Stammelford's Tremors is my main gripe with the patch. For a neutral bronze card to have such a wide impact and be played in so many decks seems excessive, and is really annoying to have to build/play around. I had expected to hate the change to golds, but so far it seems fine. Weather does seem extremely prominent so far, but it's too early to really tell how it's going to turn out. I've yet to experiment enough with decks to really have an opinion, but NR seem to have gotten the short end of the stick while ST and Monsters seem very strong. All in all, I think I'd probably be ok for the patch if not for Tremors. Here's hoping it gets changed/reverted to its old self soon.

Last edited:
I think it will suck if they keep changing things like this constantly, like we were all waiting for new cards and minor changed and got almost a completely new game, I had to throw out every single deck I had and start over, this is gonna be a pain in the ass if done constantly

I am soory, but did anyone of devs have tested Vrihedd Officer? 14+ bronze card plus milligan is something wierd

Karolis.petrikas;n9404331 said:
Gotta love the absolute shitstorm gwent is in right now. Loving the screams and shouts, moans and cries. Please continue the shenanigans, my popcorn and beers are ready.

Honestly, I don't remember enjoying any sort of chaos so much in my life!

Last edited:
Braunschweiger;n9404591 said:
While there are many things I'm not super happy with, the current state of Stammelford's Tremors is my main gripe with the patch. For a neutral bronze card to have such a wide impact and be played in so many decks seems excessive, and is really annoying to have to build/play around. I had expected to hate the change to golds, but so far it seems fine. Weather does seem extremely prominent so far, but it's too early to really tell how it's going to turn out. I've yet to experiment enough with decks to really have an opinion, but NR seem to have gotten the short end of the stick while ST and Monsters seem very strong. All in all, I think I'd probably be ok for the patch if not for Tremors. Here's hoping it gets changed/reverted to its old self soon.

Tremors currently is a perfect example of someone at CDPR being in the wrong job.

Impressions and thoughts of new patch.

I Want to hear people's thoughts and impressions of the new patch. Anything you think is OP or underwhelming? Have you experienced anything yet that has you scratching your head? Have any juicy information you've learned that you think is worth sharing? Share it here! I'll share a few small but hopefully useful (to the common player) things I've learned. THe CLAN An craite greatsword's countdown timer triggers before any weather or damage tick from your oppenent. I've also noticed (but I've only experienced it once so I'm not sure if this is a reliable observation) that when you caretaker a MAHAKAM MARAUDER their ability MIGHT not work on your side of the board I cannot duplication this instanct. And lastly ive noticed that I don't even remember what FOG does because winter is coming....

To me, Underwhelming. Badly.

Not much seems to have changed at all, ranked is still flodded with the EXACT same consume MO deck from before with the 2nd most popular being frost spam Monster. (Its become blatantly clear by now that CDPR feel the need to have a "idiot proof" faction and Monsters is it.)

Basically nothing much different from the last patch, as per.

Last edited:
For me is pretty refreshing and i really enjoyed it! i quited gwent one month ago because it becomed boring, but now is refreshing.

I'll agree that monsters is definitely the easiest faction to play last patch and it's carryovered to this patch. Monsters are still very powerful with little thought into a strategy because it works well without much critical thinking. The new patch has me not favoring any monster LEADER though.

I mean there's more than two decks atm, but let's see how long that lasts. After playing all day Scoia'tael has had the biggest showing for me (which I'm also playing). Close behind that is Monster, which honestly is either a good match up for my list or is just underwhelming in general.

After that I've seen a lot of NR, a bit of SK, and just a couple Nilfegaards.

I've been enjoying ladder, but that's mostly because spella'tael is playable atm and I love that list.

There are so many changes that it is hard to process. I genuinely look forward to all the deck experimentation that will come over the next couple weeks. That diversity and creativity that comes when things are fresh is great. A lot of cards are way stronger than before and a lot of cards have been nerfed to the garbage bin. I really hate the change to gold cards though. That maybe the thing that kills the game for me. Time will tell.

Vrihedd Officer has also become ridiculous. A bronze card that I've yet to see played under 10 power, without requiring any setup or synergy cards, offering a lot of utility with almost no risk. Does this actually seem reasonable to anyone?

Last edited:
Top Bottom