Scoia has dominated the ladder

+
Checo you are right. They changed spotters, pirates but DBP are the same so they clearly favour Scoia. The sage spamming the earthquake and creating more and more elementals (and carryover) is also a fucking cheap tactics and carryover is still the big fucking problem. Today, one guy created 5 or 6 elementats so the carryover was just unbeatable.

I will only play casual 'til the meta changes. I said before: control decks will dominate. We have learned, how to play against old Spell'tael...but now, with the killable golds, you have little chance. It can destroy all your important units (inc. golds) with no body on their side of the board. I think, it's not good...
All finisher nerfed...what can I do iin R3 agains 3 20+ power DBP? No Pirate Captain, no Reaver Hunters, no Spotters, etc...

szpeniu;n9414401 said:
Checo you are right. They changed spotters, pirates but DBP are the same so they clearly favour Scoia. The sage spamming the earthquake and creating more and more elementals (and carryover) is also a fucking cheap tactics and carryover is still the big fucking problem. Today, one guy created 5 or 6 elementats so the carryover was just unbeatable.

I'm glad we had a fun season without oppressive netdecking.

It lasted 1 day.

Seriosuly, virhedd officer is completely broken. Its a bronze that often hits +14 and mulligans a card, its basically a silver.

Raunbjorn

My beloved Eredin deck is useless now. :'( I wanted to ladder with a WH deck but that ship has sailed. I won't succumb to ST so might aswell just fool around in casual :) I know the cardpool is still pretty small but the lack of diversity in this game is pretty bad. It's worse than in HS even.

Sheva007;n9409711 said:
they said specifically that they didnt want to destroy Spell´tael, thats why they left DBP unchanged.

CDPR sometimes seem to have lost touch with reality. Spell´tael was one of the most hated decks because its unfun, un-interactive to play against, and unhealthy for the game overall. Its a deck that should be a meme deck at best, but for some reason the developers decided it should be a thing, and not only "a thing" but the new meta.

Thats how it goes.

just another case of them contradicting themselves. the whole change to gold cards was made for the game to be more interactive, and yet they want spell-spamming decks to be a thing... because nothing screams "fun and interactive" like seeing your opponent cast the same cards over and over.

not to mention, of course, the new tremmors effect. "we want less carryover in the game. also, here's a neutral spell that gives you carryover."

alas, we'll have at least one month of this before the nerfbat in swung...

Last edited:
Kingoko;n9415231 said:
And as usual after each patch it is impossible to play cause every scrub netdeckin same shit

amen pops, I just hate that kind of people so much, SPECIALLY the ones who go to youtube and copy decks just to play the op one, total lack of originality.

Seems like yet another Swim deck just gets copied over and over. Seriously, that guy should not be allowed to make any kind of content for at least a patch. It's not very surprising that Scoia dominate, they've been massively buffed considering how underwhelming they were in the last patch. But personally I don't find it too oppressive so far. It's just the usual, Swim says its good so instead of experimenting, lets just jump on the train. Something better will come along.

gards;n9415911 said:
About time ST dominated. More of the same please!

Faction roulette is awesome. It's the secret to a good CCG. Put A on top, nerfbat it so B is on top, nerfbat that so C is on top then uberbuff D so it's on top. Makes for a fun and interactive experience.

So many people are talking about swims spelldeck, but mulligan (+movement) seems to be way better. Mulligan movement was my favourite casual deck before this patch, but since it's so good I hate it. Faced it every second match this evening.

Last edited:
BornBoring;n9416761 said:
So many people are talking about swims spelldeck, but mulligan (+movement) seems to be way better. Mulligan movement was my favourite casual deck before this patch, but since it's so good I hate it. Faced it every second match this evening.
Shh. Don't spoil the cry-fest. It took only one frigging day...

And...

Enjoy the Scoia revenge

4RM3D;n9417271 said:
Correction:

More of a

Sheva007;n9416331 said:
yeah, not like ST was completely OP in the CB or anything.

This point is actually important.

Its become OBVIOUS by now that CDPR actually dont have a fucking clue how to balance the game to any real degree and its becoming a severe problem. They've tried reworking all the factions, reworking the way the entire game works, reworked the way cards work, reworked factions - Reworked just about everything possible. Yet the game has remained constantly in a state of incredibly poor balance. Theres only one actual consistant factor left - The CDPR balance / design team - As nice as they all actually are, theres obviously a problem with the people working on balancing the game at this point as everything possibly has been reworked and "rebalanced" yet the exact same issues always remain.

Despite appearing to the contrary, I dont like attacking CDPR over the game as it is after all their own game to do what they want with - But it is BLATANTLY obvious at this point that the design / balance team just arent experienced enough to actually achieve a decent level of balance within the game and CDPR should really look into hiring some more people with experience in card games to help the team out.

Okay, we've had our laughs. Time to get back on topic.

It's revenge of the Spell'Tael. But honestly, no matter which faction would have risen to the top, there will also be a thread about it, asking for a nerf, just like with Dagon Swarm and SK Discard before this patch.

Top Bottom