Summoning Circle and Ambush cards interaction

+
Summoning Circle and Ambush cards interaction

One of the pros of using Ambush cards is them being unknown. Currently there's only 3 Ambush cards: Morenn, Toruviel and Sapper.
So opponent has to guess which of those 3 cards I placed on the board. . . but if he has Summoning Circle he can duplicate your Ambush card and play it.
I am not sure if Ambush card is shown in Summoning Circle's description(right-click).
Is it intended or not?

Summoning Circle doesn't show which ambush is on the board. That being said, they rarely come as a surprise, because most of the time first ambush is Morenn and second one is Toruviel. Vrihedd Sappers still don't see much play.

Bug in summoning circle Tooltip when opponnent play ambush card

The tooltip in summoning circle don't change when opponent play an ambush card but when played, the summoning circle play the ambush card.

Thanks.

Why can your oppenent summoning circle an AMBUSH CARD?

No much to say here besides CDPR , you are letting summing circle not only ruin ambush card by letting your oppenent know exactly wtf the ambush card is, you also give them that card. I KNOW this has to have been brought up in the past because it's really stupid and makes zero sense. I just learned about it and wanted to reiterate how annoying summoning circle can be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4021160

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Did you lose 100 games in a row to that? That was pure evil... that above.

Most of the time I can just about guess what ambush card is being used.

It's not that big of a secret

While I agree that Summoning Circle shouldn't be able to do that (among a few other things): Please stay constructive!

Lol I did not lose a 100 games in a row, but it was two games in a row , The second game having my ambush card Summoning Circle and I was so shocked for some reason that I had to come and post about how much I love this game.

Guest 4021160

ALonelySpirit;n9546201 said:
They should add more ambush cards or completely remove that mechanic like the "trio" one

But but but but but but but.... but why? How come this? Where does it come from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why aren't there more comments or complaints about this? I'm not sure exactly what OP meant when he said the word "tooltip" but basically, Summoning Circle can copy FACE-DOWN ambush cards.
The element of surprise is basically negated. I'm not sure if this was actually intended but it seems broken and just plain wrong. Logically, you shouldn't be able to copy something if its hidden or covered (face-down). Sure, some people can argue its counter-play, but does it really sound logical? Doesn't it make more sense to copy the last Bronze or silver card placed before the ambush card?

Last edited:
Jigzter

Well, more players were talking about it, but you've replied to another thread which didn't get a lot of attention. Anyhow, I've merged it into the bigger thread.

Lornick77;n9589121 said:
Seems like a simple fix. Summoning Circle shouldn't consider it the last card played until it flips.
But the card was played from the hand, regardless.
They just need to put in some gold Ambush cards. Summoning circle won't copy them, and voila, you have more actual strategy.

Jigzter;n9727561 said:
Why aren't there more comments or complaints about this?
Because nobody really plays Ambush, and the liklihood of encountering an opponent also using Summoning Circle is likewise small.

Jigzter;n9727561 said:
Sure, some people can argue its counter-play, but does it really sound logical?
Yes, it seems logical to me. Ambush doesn't mean "this card is non-interactive and doesn't count". It simply means the card is face-down. Summoning Circle copies the last Bronze/Silver card played from the hand. Your Ambush card was played from the hand (unless it wasn't). And that's the big hint that everyone in this thread seems to ignore: you can use Isengrim to summon an Ambush card from your deck, and it won't be copied with Summoning Circle.

Top Bottom