Game is so broken

+
Game is so broken

Weather - OP
Cards all do dmg. If u cant defend agains them instant concede.
It no longer GWENT, its Hearthstone already.
Hey devs can u try next time test a bit more? Because it's so imbalanced against simple players who dosen't have good deck.
I don't want to play even 6 wins for quest and keg. So frustrating

Last edited:
lol people copy streamers decks like they can't make their owns,and keep playing them over and over again,i can't wait for pro laddering to start so that ones that like to be high on ladder so badly can play among them self.i just wana have fun in game and is impossible to have it

weather isn't OP, it's nowhere close to what it was before patch, also, people run couple anti-weather cards in their decks for a reason

also, you can complete daily even losing games, yes, it's frustrating, takes 2x more games, but still doable

You need check each card stats before you place it in your deck. Even "shitty" cards can be good. Use scraps to create new cards

Muligan scoiatel is OP, has insane tempo with 15point bronzes, buffed comandos, isengrim+moren, and can clear frost easy. I cant keep up with crones :(
got 2 lacerates in deck but never draw them in first round....
:eredinfacepalm:

Ramcius;n9436431 said:
weather isn't OP, it's nowhere close to what it was before patch, also, people run couple anti-weather cards in their decks for a reason

also, you can complete daily even losing games, yes, it's frustrating, takes 2x more games, but still doable

May be You haven't met golden weather + silver weathers decks
Whats the point in GWENT gameplay if Your job to kill enemy minions, no need combos and etc. This is not the way I want to see this game. Golden cards now is no actual use, if they didnt do profit at 1 turn of play.
Gwent was fun then You had low influence on enemy board. Now it is like a battlefield.

ST deck is craaaazzzyyy. Even with specific deck that counters them, its still quite hard to get a good winrate against them :(

ifeedtherain;n9436591 said:
May be You haven't met golden weather + silver weathers decks
Whats the point in GWENT gameplay if Your job to kill enemy minions, no need combos and etc. This is not the way I want to see this game. Golden cards now is no actual use, if they didnt do profit at 1 turn of play.
Gwent was fun then You had low influence on enemy board. Now it is like a battlefield.

hm, no, i can't remember facing golden weather + silver weather, so can it be that they are bad and no one plays them? What ranks they are so dominant?

No, golden cards do profit, simply you can't smash them on board like before, it makes you plan your actions more

Gwent not being fun for you doesn't means it got broken, a lot people (me included) enjoy more this way than it was before with less interactions

Not sure why you keep repeating how OP weather is. I think there are enough ways to deal with it, and I'm saying this even though I'm not the biggest fan of the new patch (it feels a bit like a rollercoaster without safety measures to me - and I like to play a bit more careful with less buffing // I can understand why other people like that though).

Besides you only need to win 6 rounds to get a keg, so it's really not that hard.

ifeedtherain;n9436591 said:
Well, that's kind of the point actually.

I'm not agree with the game being unbalanced to the points some of you are describing but I have to admit the overall balance seems a little worse than it was in the previous patch.
Some archetypes has been pushed quiet a lot (Scoiat'ael for example) and some other (Queensguard to mention just this one) has been butchered because there is so many counter to them now.

About the weather, even though it's not OP I do feel like the system is still questionable.
The problem with weather since the end of the closed BETA is that now it produces value over time AND kill your units, which I'm not a big fan of because essentially it ranges from terrible to insane depending on the situation and your opponent's hand and most of the time facing weather feel much more like fighting a deck/card rather than fighting a player because there is very little decision making when you face weather (especially because it's dealing damage over time, you can't just wait for the best time to clear skies it's either you're okay to sacrifice whatever is under its effect or you CS within a very few turns, which can be very easily read by your opponent if he/she's holding another weather in hand).

It's even more true since Golds can be targeted now, with a single bronze card you can potentially remove multiple unit including Golds.

I feel like the first idea for weather was better, it was completely unbalanced but it was a lot more interesting and skill testing imo.
What they should have done is to make weather reduce the strength of units standing into it by a certain amount, just not all the way to 1 (like -3 power to a minimum of 1 for example...or reduce it to half its value but it would probably be too strong in that case).

Last edited:

Raunbjorn

fostdecile;n9436671 said:
ST deck is craaaazzzyyy. Even with specific deck that counters them, its still quite hard to get a good winrate against them :(

Try SuperJJ's NG build. Highly competitive and a lot of fun at the same time.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/29712-superjj-ng-top-50#c1

Also I've had some luck with a budget Eredin WH deck but that might just be because my opponents were bad :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, to be honest, Gwent isn't fun right now (for me anyways). I had a blast the first day, but the streamers and their net decks have ruined another patch.

The balancing is atrocious, especially with Scoia'tael. In addition, it's nothing but massive swings and who gets the proper cards. No skill involved.

They will remade the cards, the game is only in open beta, wait and see. i have faith in them :)
game is changed a lot but they are trying to make it more playable,i think.

Ya I quit when this went live and I just get on this website now to see if they reverted this disastrous gold immunity update. The fact that a group of people collectively came to the consensus that this would be best for their game overall, literally bombards me with disappointment. I am sorry but words can't even describe how bad this really is. Update literally removed so many layers of strategy in the game it's mind blowing. It is borderline hearthstone now and it's pretty depressing to see. It's like taking a chessboard and removing everything but the pawns.

Littlekennenlegs;n9440231 said:
It's like taking a chessboard and removing everything but the pawns.
More like making all the pieces queens. Most of my matches against people are just going at it throwing points on the board without really much care. There's very little strategy, and what strategy there is gets blown up pretty quickly. It's more dynamic, but far less thought-provoking. And the kicker? There's still units that exist that you can't do a damn thing about.

arubino99;n9440371 said:
More like making all the pieces queens. Most of my matches against people are just going at it throwing points on the board without really much care. There's very little strategy, and what strategy there is gets blown up pretty quickly. It's more dynamic, but far less thought-provoking. And the kicker? There's still units that exist that you can't do a damn thing about.

True this, bring back golds FTW :)

Okay i never comment on the balance of a game unless it's clearly destroying my fun.
I just played 4 hours straight all ive met is Scoia'tel just freaking Scoia'tel every FREAKING MATCH

What the hell were you thinking when you made the mulligan/Boost when someone gets boosted every bronze card are more op than any gold card turn 2 the guy already had a 14 with units boosted in his hand just by spamming weather card.

The guy is just spamming weathers card yet he still gains more strength than me i just ran a deck ANTI WEATHER AND STILL LOST
When it's not that it's just the dwarf that keep self boosting him and it gets boosted .... YOU CANT DAMAGE HIM EITHER CAUSE GUESS WHAT ? THE CARDS BOOST ITSELF WHEN IT GETS DAMAGED TOO !

So feel free to remove scoia'tel from the game OR you can make bronze card that lock since you allow scoia'tel to have bronze that are equal to gold, this is the only update ive complained about because it simply destroyed all strategy just run a scoia'tel like a monkey so you have an actual chance to win just recycle every other card faction craft scoia'tel it exactly felt like Hearthstone at this point join the meta or die.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to this game

Bronzes value is just insane, remoovals everywhere.
25 points in 1 play is no problem anymore.

We play gwent cause we dont want to play hearthstone. But now we do.
This game is just ridicilous. Feels like the devs want a new game after every patch.

Top Bottom