x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merigold's Hailstorm is a brand new annoyance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merigold's Hailstorm is a brand new annoyance

In previous patch we got Bekker's twisted mirror.
    You nerfed mirror (too hardly, I think, it could be 13/13, not 10/10).
    No one plaing it now.

Instead you rushed power surge to troops on the field, but saved Storm at the current state.
    And at 2000+ (don't know yet how it's on 2500,3000 and higher) at EVERY game I see Storm.
    No matter SK, SC, NR or Monsters.
    It's litteraly ALWAYS Storm (like meeting only consume-monsters at high ranks before Nilf-patch... You ALWAYS know what would be opponent's last card... And if it wasn't - then he was unlucky person who simply not draw it* =)

Why not fix damage on each unit, like (if it's one troop on the row - half power, if two or more - 6 power for everyone)
    It would save it's value against thouse, who abuse plaing one troop on one row, but would be not so harsh for thouse, whose strategy is about stacking power on one row
    And even would be powerfull enough against cheap monsters or "lesser earth elementals" spam...

It's like every Gwent patch is about fixing previous mistakes and IMMEDIATELY creating new one... I just don't understand this "test the balance on PTS before going live patch" logic =)

Guess I am just toooooooo dumb :P
  • Moderators' comments
    (02-09-17 13:39) RidiculousName: Thread title edited slightly. Usage of the word "cancer" is not appreciated.

I'm a bit annoyed that it has become meta since this patch because (puts hipster glasses on) it was one of my favourite cards before and I loved running it together with Coral to double up on the effect (able to decimate two rows).

But now with it being used everywhere I'm worried it might get nerfed, even though I don't think it's overpowered any more than Igni - it simply deincentivises row stacking and can have small value if the opponent spreads their high value units out.
    Movement Control ST

Comment

This card just punishes row stacking in long rounds, it's not OP. Right now it finds a lot of value because of how popular mulligan and armor NR are. Both of those decks like to play very high powered units and stack them on the row for potion/commanders horn. This card does literally nothing against control decks, like Dagon/Eredin weather, assassin/enforcer NG, spell ST, etc as they just dont stack 60 power on 1 row.

Meta will almost 100% move away from those "buff high" decks popular atm and hailstorm will see much less play.

Comment

never really understood why that card was so much ignored until now tbh. As soon as any meta aligns unit, that thing is extremely good and has been extremely good since the beginning of OB. Everyone running igni and no one running hailstorm was always a surprise since that silver can often get better value than igni.
        I mean why do you think peoples were picking Coral before her change and why she was so strong? Sure she has a gold body on top of this, but her effect was the real oppressive part of her value.

Sure hailstorm is even better now with the change on gold bodies ( and thankfully CDPR didn't leave coral with such power) and that may have made that card cross the line between "very good" and "too good". But it really illustrates how a few popular peoples out there can make or break the popularity of cards by including them in their deck.
        Last edited by Zefyris; 02-09-17, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefyris View Post
          never really understood why that card was so much ignored until now tbh. As soon as any meta aligns unit, that thing is extremely good and has been extremely good since the beginning of OB. Everyone running igni and no one running hailstorm was always a surprise since that silver can often get better value than igni.
          I mean why do you think peoples were picking Coral before her change and why she was so strong? Sure she has a gold body on top of this, but her effect was the real oppressive part of her value.

Sure hailstorm is even better now with the change on gold bodies ( and thankfully CDPR didn't leave coral with such power) and that may have made that card cross the line between "very good" and "too good". But it really illustrates how a few popular peoples out there can make or break the popularity of cards by including them in their deck.
          Exactly.

It's funny how OB Coral was in the spotlight as being powerful but Hailstorm kind of ignored despite being huge value against things like Consume, Dwarfs and even things like reaver hunters as well as seeing good value against Nilfgaard's high base value units. It could be monstrous especially if doubling up with things like Coral and Dbomb.

I suppose if things like Quen become popularised then it will filter down to many decks and Hailstorm might see less play.
          Movement Control ST

Comment

Another BooHoo thread?
            Don't stack all your units on the same row. Solved.
            Also, players used Merigold's Storm before the patch. End of story.
            Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Comment

The card was being used by normal people playing the game before the patch.Of course people that copy paste decks from a streamer have no idea this card existed.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryGrosmont View Post
                Another BooHoo thread?
                Don't stack all your units on the same row. Solved.
                Also, players used Merigold's Storm before the patch. End of story.
                by that logic, no card should ever be nerfed. "opponent winning the round? just get more points than him. solved."
                also, nobody used merigold's hailstorm before the patch. unless you include coral, which was one of biggest win-deciding cards in the game

feel free to watch the tournament for reference

Comment

Originally posted by xDivinity View Post
                  The card was being used by normal people playing the game before the patch.Of course people that copy paste decks from a streamer have no idea this card existed.
                  Basically this.
                  Originally posted by RickMelethron View Post

by that logic, no card should ever be nerfed. "opponent winning the round? just get more points than him. solved."
                  No, nerfing a card just because some players cannot abandon the easiest way to get burned is just silly.
                  Originally posted by RickMelethron View Post
                  also, nobody used merigold's hailstorm before the patch. unless you include coral, which was one of biggest win-deciding cards in the game

feel free to watch the tournament for reference
                  Lots of players did. See "The Rise and Fall of the Dwarves above 4.2k" for reference.

Also, bringing tournaments into the discussion is disingenuous: you don't get to ban decks on the ladder.
                  Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Comment

Humm is this post translates into "Last patch Coral was SO OP?"

When I complain about Coral being OP in last patch a lot people replies "oh coral is fine" "deal with it" " play around it"

So I'm gonna do the same here, " you can play around it easily, everyone knows how to play around hailstorm, it's completely balanced and don't need any nerf"

In reality I never thought either old Coral or Hailstorm is balanced but I hate skellige patch or monster patch even more so let's say as long as Skellige is out of tier 1 I'm happy with the patch.

Comment

Merigolds Hailstorm is one of the reasons my ST movement is working i hope they dont nerf it

Comment

You can play around it against most decks, but not against ST movement. At least, if your opponent does it right.

Comment

Originally posted by arkhalon View Post
                          Merigolds Hailstorm is one of the reasons my ST movement is working i hope they dont nerf it
                          Haha, same - movement ST is my favourite deck and Hailstorm enables it to function currently (because there are no easy high tempo plays or finishers if focusing on movement).
                          Movement Control ST

Comment

Originally posted by ResoundingBuahaha View Post
                            Humm is this post translates into "Last patch Coral was SO OP?"

When I complain about Coral being OP in last patch a lot people replies "oh coral is fine" "deal with it" " play around it"

So I'm gonna do the same here, " you can play around it easily, everyone knows how to play around hailstorm, it's completely balanced and don't need any nerf"

In reality I never thought either old Coral or Hailstorm is balanced but I hate skellige patch or monster patch even more so let's say as long as Skellige is out of tier 1 I'm happy with the patch.
                            So you're the only one allowed to complain? And only changes that affect your favorite deck are worth talking about?
                            ​​Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily agree with OP, but what's the point you're trying to make: ''i hate it when people tell me to git good, so I'm gonna tell you to git good'??

also, give skellige some time. Don't forget it's still early and there's time before the meta settles, and they usually find themselves in a good place...
                            ​​​​​​in the darkest hole you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies
                            Alice In Chains

Comment

This card is a must-have, auto-included in all of my deck atm. It mostly guarantees a +20pts swing in late round. It's a silver card that has the value of a gold card. I think it should be nerfed to "reducing 3 adjacent units half of their power".

Comment

Working...
                              X