x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merigold's Hailstorm is a brand new annoyance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DRK3 View Post

Ohhhhhhhhh! Sorry, didnt even bother to read the card, just assumed it was still silver weather card, like white frost and skellige storm.

But it makes sense that is a spell now, since it's no longer continuous, and it's actually a spell, that Triss invents accidentally on the last book. Still hate the card though...
    No problem I don't like the card either, but I have it in my decks. It's an auto include now. MH can you counter with another MH.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojerbela View Post

No problem I don't like the card either, but I have it in my decks. It's an auto include now. MH can you counter with another MH.
      It may as well be built into the game at this point.

Rounds 1 & 2: Player with the most points wins
      Round 3: Player with the most points after hailstorms are applied wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sailears View Post

Quen counters it - but of course hardly anyone uses quen.

If quen became meta/more widespread for whatever reason then Hailstorm would be less effective.
        lol, Quen doesn't counter Hailstorm. Like at all. Almost every card that moves units also damages them in the process breaking barrier. And if you are trying to barrier most your units then you are going to lose anyway.

Comment

• Casual 100 points MH, nothing broken about the card don't worry

Last edited by Shuls02; 12-09-17, 19:26.

Comment

• The ST is back with the new meta: 2 gold weather card + all available moving units (dwarven merc, agitator to spawn them, the marksman, brigade, v.v) with the hailstorm finisher. This card is really abused badly these days. First, CDPR didn't how to position the units properly; they decide to make most units agile to encourage "smart positioning gameplay". Then, they come up with units to manipulate opponents' position. Regardless of how smart your positioning is, your units will end up row-stacking and being stormed. People who don't want to row-stack but are still punished because they don't have a tool to counter the action.

p/s: The dwarven merc & brigade should be fixed to move your own units only; this madness is just unbearable.

https://i.imgur.com/1HtIx6w.png
            Last edited by pthieu1986; 12-09-17, 19:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by pthieu1986 View Post
              p/s: The dwarven merc & brigade should be fixed to move your own units only; this madness is just unbearable.
              Just because Merigold H. is considered problematic by many players that doesn't mean units shouldn't be able to move opposing units to different rows. I wouldn't overnerf it too much. But yeah, I definitely would not mind M.H. being toned down a bit (for example limit the effect to five units but don't let it ignore armor; or limit it to three units and don't change anything else).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shuls02 View Post
                Casual 100 points MH, nothing broken about the card don't worry
                Casual +40 points Axemen, nothing broken about the card don't worry

PS. If those Axemen were aligned in strength (possible with a little control), Scorch would have gone for +100 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4RM3D View Post

Casual +40 points Axemen, nothing broken about the card don't worry

PS. If those Axemen were aligned in strength (possible with a little control), Scorch would have gone for +100 points.
                  So you are comparing 4 Axeman at 30-40 strenght in a long round after I've used so many resources to actually buff them to where they are to a single card that gets 100+ points with basically no set up whatsoever.

Btw because of how Axeman work now you can't really not row stack or else you wont win against most decks unless you netdeck and play the double Gold weather variant and then you might get decent value from having them in different rows or just insta loose to clear weathers.

Also Axeman was previously nerfed into oblivion by making it so easily banishable even tho you could still lock/scorch/dbomb/mardrome/katakan/vicomedic/caretaker/succubus/thunder/etc I could go on but you get the idea and now there are even more ways to kill them like Eskel or you can put the spying status on it and just Menno it or you can just clear weather and kill/lock Harald to deny any value for Axeman tbh.

Also you saw my NR game against that Mill deck and that was way more points with a passive and more borring playstile of just playing my buffs or units that buff my other units.

Comment

• Shuls02

That's true. The thing is, though, in the previous patch players feared Igni when row stacking. Now they fear Hailstorm. Something has to keep them in check. Maybe not with the impact of what Hailstorm does now, but something at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4RM3D View Post
                      Shuls02

That's true. The thing is, though, in the previous patch players feared Igni when row stacking. Now they fear Hailstorm. Something has to keep them in check. Maybe not with the impact of what Hailstorm does now, but something at least.
                      I never said that Hailstorm should not exist, I do understand the importance of such a card but just like Dbomb is limited to 5 units this should have something to limit the effect to make it more balanced. Maybe having it be a better Lacerate is healthier for the game, like it could deal 4 or 5 to a whole row (still ignoring armor tho).
                      Last edited by Shuls02; 13-09-17, 00:00.

Comment

• Like it has been said here - the problem with Hailstorm is not the effect itself, as the card has remained the same from before the patch and previously it was hardly ever used. The problem is the new cards or effects that allow the Hailstorm to be way more deadly than it should, with hardly any way to counter it.

At least in my view, these type of games are based on strategy and secrecy - if you know exactly what the opponent is going to do, you should be able to counter it. When you cant, its because something is wrong. You try and distribute your units only for the opponent to stack them like he wants... Maybe there should be a spell to move units, since atm NR and NG are left out of this "row-control madness"...

Comment

Casual 100 points MH, nothing broken about the card don't worry
                          Let me get this straight: in this scenario what's broken isn't that you got 150 points on your opponent, but that you only had 50??
                          ​​​​​​in the darkest hole you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies
                          Alice In Chains

Comment

• You're a weak player IMO, if you play Marigolds Hailstorm or weather cards. Learn to play without these cards.
                            Last edited by 4RM3D; 13-09-17, 02:59.

Comment

• Moderators' comments
                              (13-09-17 03:00) 4RM3D: Edited your comment. Please be respectful.

• Originally posted by ArianeGrosmont View Post

Let me get this straight: in this scenario what's broken isn't that you got 150 points on your opponent, but that you only had 50??
                              Your comment is compleatly irrelevant to the subject we are discussing here but if you want we can go to another topic (or PM's if you prefer) and talk about my deck and how broken it is.

Comment

Your comment is compleatly irrelevant to the subject we are discussing here but if you want we can go to another topic (or PM's if you prefer) and talk about my deck and how broken it is.
                                Obviously, I disagree: the amount of buffing going around is in direct correlation to the amount of hailstorm going around. Not only inside a certain match, but overall: if it wasn't a normal thing for one player to have +100points on the board, hailstorm wouldn't be as powerful or as popular. It's decks like yours that make ppl feel they need hailstorm to win. (I hope that didn't sound like an accusation: this is just the way the games right now)
                                ​​​​​​in the darkest hole you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies
                                Alice In Chains

Comment

Working...
                                X