x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merigold's Hailstorm is a brand new annoyance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preposterous. Proves in this meta MStorm that should be nerfed to work on just few cards on the same row, just because of shenanigans like this one - it gives some decks a HUGE advantage. Also proves that Bronzes had become way too powerful for what they are worth, compared to Golds and Silvers.

... and that perhaps RNR and Roach interaction is a bug. I do not recall him work with weather cards, but still, it's the first time I see this exact combo - really smart.

Comment

• harlekinrains the meta shifts in a certain direction for a reason:
      stage 1: Buffing and strong base units become popular -> stage 2: decks that punish buffing and playing high base strength become popular.
      I love SK's high base strength, but when stage 1 happens, then stage 2, you have 2 choices: either lose, or get with stage 3: the creation of decks that work around strength punishers.

My point is: if it wasn't MH, it would have been a Scoiateal scorch deck, or igni/borch/renew decks. As long as high bronze units are so prevalent, the ''punish high units'' attitude will be popular, and will be victorious.

But can we please address the real important question on everybody's minds: why is Ermion called Maussack in German?
      ​​​​​​in the darkest hole you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies
      Alice In Chains

Comment

• Originally posted by harlekinrains View Post
        edit: "You should have played into round one to lure hailstorm".
        No, that's not what I've said. I said: You could have still played a few units on a single row and see how it goes from there. Getting out a early Hailstorm is just a bonus. You cannot effectively lure the opponent.

Besides, RNR is just the same as Fog as long as you can keep units on one row. Maybe the opponent would have started moving your units to a different row. Passing then would have been an okay move.

Originally posted by partci View Post
        ... and that perhaps RNR and Roach interaction is a bug. I do not recall him work with weather cards
        Roach has changed again:

Whenever you play a Gold card from your Hand (note: does not include Leaders), play Roach from your Deck on a random row before that card resolves.

Comment

• Lets say I entertained for a moment the "reasoning" that this is "normal meta" -

how about you watch a few more videos of fun hailstorm vs. hailstorm enders, where neither player knows who wins (because of a fun rounding up feature of that cards effect) -

(second game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUOvXWXsW_k

here played in a different Skellege deck (without much base strength), and played in an armor deck, and played in my Skellege deck as well, fyi - because this is your new "meta" (is meta defind as the card everyone plays?):

Hailstorm vs. hailstorm. So fun.

Person with the most movement cards wins.

Fractons with movement built in "for free" (because it was never balanced against anything, much) win hailstorm v hailstorm matches. No counter.

Oh, the dev team must have swallowed a funny frog, making a neutral Coral in a silver.

This is the REAL development of Gwent, as I've experienced it so far.
          -

Remove the usability of weather as the ONLY meta casual players had.
          Recognize, that no one is playing any meta anymore, as gold synergies now rule the game.
          Demote golds to be targetable - largely because this allows complexity to "quadruple", and grants fun epansions and more longevity to the game.
          Fill the inbalances with bronce buffing.
          Make a card that allows for half deck power swings when played in synergy with cards to be balanced to "get out of OLD weather", but that are now used to line up 50% deck point swings, an destroy "set ups" for free.

Lets just say, that you are still stuck in a paradigme that the game has surpassed. If you want to wait until everyone plays movement into hailstorm, be my guest.

If you need a "counter against bronze basestrength", this is the wrong one. back to the drawing board.

I know, that a mods job in here seems to be guard CDPR against criticism, but come one... Now its the deck with "too much base stregth's" fault, that it gets "countered" by the card that can produce half deck power swings? You know that percentages (hald your power - gone) and incremental power point changes scale differently?

Invent a few more storys about how hailstorm isnt the new universal win condition, and how its still "part of the meta".

You just saw a deck that exploited it for just that, and still refuse to see it...

The amount of false statemnts I had to counter in the last few hours alone suggests, that everyone is in love with a concept that maybe preps up a broken game as of now, but is starting to be abused.

Making golds targetable was a risk.

This is part of the "now the game is broken" fallback.

You counter hailstorm with hailstorm and thats it. More movement counters movement. All decks are affected.
          Last edited by harlekinrains; 10-09-17, 00:01.

Comment

• In the last few days, i gained a new level of hate for this card, to the point i no longer GG anyone who uses it (and much worse things i cant describe or this post would be deleted).

And it doesnt matter if i try to distribute my units on each row: they'll either use a Gold Weather (usually Haralds) or just use the ton of units that move other units to stack them how they want.

I currently have 15 decks and not one of them is based on mobility but im tempted to do a Scoiatel one just to counter this bullsh*t card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beren_93 View Post
              Please nerf Merigold Hailstorm. This silver card is stronger than all other gold and silver cards and there is no counter to it.
              Quen counters it - but of course hardly anyone uses quen.

If quen became meta/more widespread for whatever reason then Hailstorm would be less effective.
              Movement Control ST

Comment

• Originally posted by harlekinrains View Post
                I know, that a mods job in here seems to be guard CDPR against criticism, but come one...
                No, the moderator's job is to manage the forums by moving posts to the correct forum/thread and handle toxic posts/users. Safeguarding CDPR against criticism is not part of the job. Everyone is free to express their opinion as long as it adheres to the forum guidelines. I have my own opinion of the game and how CDPR handles things. Sometimes I agree with CDPR, other times... not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sailears View Post

Quen counters it - but of course hardly anyone uses quen.

If quen became meta/more widespread for whatever reason then Hailstorm would be less effective.
                  Wow, had no idea Quen protected against it, but it makes sense, since it's damage anyway. Only problem with Quen is now you can only put it cards in your hand / deck right? Would be better if you could choose either that or units already on board, otherwise enemy will just take those shields before hitting with that crap storm.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRK3 View Post
                    Wow, had no idea Quen protected against it, but it makes sense, since it's damage anyway. Only problem with Quen is now you can only put it cards in your hand / deck right? Would be better if you could choose either that or units already on board, otherwise enemy will just take those shields before hitting with that crap storm.
                    That's why you Quen in round 1, and when your opponent is stuck in round 3, you drop your Quen guys.

So you Quen your Spotters (or whatever), and bammo, round 3 spotters that are 19 (4 base + 13 Geralt + 2 Quen) get near immunity. It's tough to remove Quen in round 3, especially during the last few cards.

Comment

• Yesterday almost 100% of my matches was with oponents using Merigold Hailsotrm. I played vs NR, Nilfgard Spy, Monsters, SK, ST, all of them having and using this card in round 3 as last card winner.
                      I started to play casual to try to chill out a bit and guess what - high ranked player was testing his Monster Weather Moving Merigold deck. Quen cant help you vs decks with row stacking units, weather and Merigold Hailstorm. There is no counter to it. You MUST win round 1 at all costs if he dont use Merigold, then try to win round 2 even with -2 cards just to pull out this card. IF CDPR dont nerf this card soon or invent row moving units for everyone its just not fair. I dont want to watch how someone is moving my cards on 1 row and i cant do nothing about it. I cant protect them with nothing.

Comment

• Quen is not a solution. There are copious cards being played right now that move cards to a row and then damage (ping) them. If your win condition is -50% on deck strength damage after a row move is useless, so it can freely be used to ping Quen shields.

Sometimes I wonder if people even look at the videos they are provided before coming up with "helpful statements". Not bitter, just was forced to counter about 10 wrong statements, for why its your fault, if you get your decks power halfed by one card. Which still is unable to be countered, if you use it as your main win condition in round 3 (have synegies to max its impact).

In my video the opponent even had a ping machine going that made SK bears look like extras at a childs birthday. I was able to hardcounter them. I wasnt able to counter hailstorm, because I didn't draw my own hailstorm. I tried. With Avalach no less.

People are so insitant, that the game cant be broken, that they try the whole gambit of "why it was your fault, and not the games" on you before even considering the points that are made. Be better than that. Look at whats presented to you FIRST. Then write your "I know how to solve it!" eulogies. You have me beat with them anyhow - because I dont know, how you tackle that issue.

I have no "perfect proposals".

Comment

• Hailstorm is one of the most problematic cards right now and CDPR should address it before end of the season. I dont mind it being played in some of the spell decks but when it is used as a finisher by the already most OP faction right now NR it becomes very problematic!

Comment

• All I can say about this card lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Beren_93 View Post
                              Yesterday almost 100% of my matches was with oponents using Merigold Hailsotrm. I played vs NR, Nilfgard Spy, Monsters, SK, ST, all of them having and using this card in round 3 as last card winner.
                              I started to play casual to try to chill out a bit and guess what - high ranked player was testing his Monster Weather Moving Merigold deck. Quen cant help you vs decks with row stacking units, weather and Merigold Hailstorm. There is no counter to it. You MUST win round 1 at all costs if he dont use Merigold, then try to win round 2 even with -2 cards just to pull out this card. IF CDPR dont nerf this card soon or invent row moving units for everyone its just not fair. I dont want to watch how someone is moving my cards on 1 row and i cant do nothing about it. I cant protect them with nothing.
                              Yeah, i'm also facing Hailstorm on most of my matches, probably like 66-75% of matches, specially when facing SK, Monsters and Scoiatel since those are the factions with bronze row-moving units. I can probably counter it using my Self damage deck, but i dont want to have to play always the same deck because of a single card.

And im surprised i havent seen people using Ithlinne to spam the Hailstorm twice in a row - maybe it doesnt work, but by the description of the card i dont see why it wouldnt. Hopefully it's just because these "cheese players" havent thought about it yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by DRK3 View Post

And im surprised i havent seen people using Ithlinne to spam the Hailstorm twice in a row - maybe it doesnt work, but by the description of the card i dont see why it wouldnt. Hopefully it's just because these "cheese players" havent thought about it yet...
                                Diminishing returns serve as a better explanation.

Comment

Working...
                                X