x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merigold's Hailstorm is a brand new annoyance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DRK3 View Post
    And im surprised i havent seen people using Ithlinne to spam the Hailstorm twice in a row - maybe it doesnt work, but by the description of the card i dont see why it wouldnt.
    Eh...

Deploy: Play a Bronze Spell or Weather card from your Deck, then Spawn a copy of it. Shuffle the others back.

Comment

And im surprised i havent seen people using Ithlinne to spam the Hailstorm twice in a row - maybe it doesnt work, but by the description of the card i dont see why it wouldnt. Hopefully it's just because these "cheese players" havent thought about it yet...
      Ithlenne only works on 4 spells - Tremors, Thunder, Epidemic, and Quen Sign. Epidemic is useless (if the first one kills her, you don't get the second, so you are limited to killing 1 and 2 power units only), Tremors got a big nerf. Thunder and Quen are the only two Ithlenne is used for now, which Thunder being the best option.

Comment

• i am just lv 5 and in all my game opponen play this piece of crap broken card breaking fun in game .............i just have only one option left play exactly the same deck as them

Thinking to just stop playing

How the hell this game became just a mirror game with exactly the same neutral card in each hand because they are broken .....

i face only 3 deck all day long as lv 5 or st moving or monster weather and in less part armor deck
        Last edited by archangeline; 11-09-17, 00:11.

Comment

• Merigold's Hailstorm before didn't see much play because the game revolved around having really high strenght golds to win games (Tibor/Kayran/Ciri Dash/Hjalmar/etc) but since the nerf to Gold cards this card (and many others that people arent talking about) got buffed indirectly and that's why it's in almost every deck out there.

A silver should not give you 40+ value in one play for the simple requirement of your opponent just playing cards because in a long round you are always gonna have units stacked in all rows so getting value from it is far from difficult.

Also to all the people deffending this card in its current state by saying "well don't play a deck that row stacks"
          Every deck row statcks at some point whether you like it or not since there will always be a long round.

PS:I don't think they nerfed Coral because they thought her ability was too strong but rather because they wanted her to have a more "canon" ability and my proof is in the form of Eithne+Merigold's Hailstorm wich is exactly what Coral was, a 5 strenght gold that casts Merigolds Hailstorm.
          Last edited by Shuls02; 11-09-17, 02:18.

Comment

• The problem with this card is that it became an auto include in all decks even those who are not supposed to run it due to lack of synergy . But it is such a great card now that no one cares anymore how much it fits the theme of the deck as long as it gives him the game. The best way is choose 3 cards on row and apply merigold hailstorm on them. This way the card will become logical in term of power seing without over nerfing it.

Comment

• Guess I am the only one who's dropped Hailstorm for Scorch.

Oh, you've just played 3 Pirate Captains on different rows... how cute.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4RM3D View Post
                Guess I am the only one who's dropped Hailstorm for Scorch.

Guess what? You're not the only one.
                In fact this is the same basic concept, peoples are so focused on playing MH that they forgot how good Scorch is...

Comment

After playing this pirates deck all weekend ... this were my thoughts every single time i got good ones off in the 3rd.. all i kept thinking is
                  "Boy i am really testing my luck here,one of these games someones gonna bust out scorch and its instant Pirate shish kabob"

Comment

• Having played enough games to have a proper picture of the current state of the meta, I must agree that Hailstorm can indeed be quite frustrating to get hit by. On the other hand it's also satisfying to use.

In addition to Hailstorm my deck runs Scorch AND Igni. First you chill 'em, and then you burn kill 'em.
                    Last edited by RidiculousName; 11-09-17, 15:07. Reason: Edited for rhymes
                    "I fear nothing but the fact that I'm afraid of everything." - Sunrise Avenue

While I like to joke around a lot, anything written in blue should be taken seriously. When in doubt, click here.

Comment

• 4RM3D Oh i guess the card description of Ithlinne confused me - since it says bronze spell OR weather card, i assumed the weather card didnt have to be bronze, only the spells...

I guess it's another problem of ambiguous descriptions, been finding a lot since this Gold Immunity patch, specially cards that only say 'units' but then cant affect gold cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shuls02 View Post
                        A silver should not give you 40+ value in one play for the simple requirement of your opponent just playing cards because in a long round you are always gonna have units stacked in all rows so getting value from it is far from difficult.
                        Really? Can you explain Scorch then? Because I've used Scorch on 3x Dol Blathana Protectors or 3x Pirates with large point swings due to it. Hell, even Skellige Storm can cause large point swings with movement. It's 5 per round, and if these "long rounds" you are citing go over 6 cards, that's 30 points right there.

Comment

4RM3D Oh i guess the card description of Ithlinne confused me - since it says bronze spell OR weather card, i assumed the weather card didnt have to be bronze, only the spells...

I guess it's another problem of ambiguous descriptions, been finding a lot since this Gold Immunity patch, specially cards that only say 'units' but then cant affect gold cards.
                          MH is a Spell Card not a Weather Card. So she can't play that.

Comment

Tbh I never ever faced that Pirate Captains deck I've heard so much about since the last patch but Im sure if they don't run Alzurs Double Cross to stagger them it's their fault

Comment

• Originally posted by arubino99 View Post
                              Really? Can you explain Scorch then? Because I've used Scorch on 3x Dol Blathana Protectors or 3x Pirates with large point swings due to it. Hell, even Skellige Storm can cause large point swings with movement. It's 5 per round, and if these "long rounds" you are citing go over 6 cards, that's 30 points right there.
                              Scorch can you counter when you stagger units. Skellige Storm can you counter many ways. MH is uncounterable this way...it's not the point swing (Scorch can be better for example), but the fact that you can't do nothing. When my opponent has only 1 card left, i start to calculate, 'cause I expect always a MH.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojerbela View Post

MH is a Spell Card not a Weather Card. So she can't play that.
                                Ohhhhhhhhh! Sorry, didnt even bother to read the card, just assumed it was still silver weather card, like white frost and skellige storm.

But it makes sense that is a spell now, since it's no longer continuous, and it's actually a spell, that Triss invents accidentally on the last book. Still hate the card though...

Comment

Working...
                                X