This new patch is awesome

+
I agree, the game feels much better and it's funner. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that ST needs a drastic nerf though. Mulligan is simply too strong now. I mean the leader is basically Gaunter O'Dimm without any drawbacks plus boosting. That's really powerful. Sages should banish the card they play. I hope they get their base strengths lowered too. Don't even get me started on Stammelford's Tremors, such a broken dumb card.

Played alot of gwent this weekend... and im not sure why people are so upset about the patch.
As i see it - patch is good if it improves player experience. I dont think anyone will miss swarming times with +numbers all over the place.
Several major issues were addressed. Carryover and Buffing in deck both got hit hard, but all in 2-0 decks werent much fun to begin with. Neither were triple 15+ power bronze finishers.
Second issue isnt completely solved, but at least it was reduced. Alot of cards that were forgotten at old 8 power bronze baseline were addressed.
During this weekend i climbed ranks 1 to 18, and i still see all factions. Witch hunter NR (also, i doubt interaction was ment to work this way), armor NR, Spell ST, Mulligan ST, Dwarves, fairly old school Spy NG, mill NG, some consume monsters, deathwish Dagons, my collegues playing Eredin.
That is impressive diversity, and i do like it.
It isnt perfect, sure. Some new bronzes have way too much value (looking at mulligan), Franchska is outright broken, Assassins are a thing, Nithral shows Triss what removal means, a bunch of other golds struggle, DPB still exists...
But there is more playable archtypes than i ever seen since CBT, and at around 3.5k its fair to assume that they are at least semi-decent. That is hell of a lot to get from a patch.
Snake_Foxhounder;n9455191 said:
While the patch is days old, it's clear something's up. Each patch so far had a dominating faction or two at the most. People can't come up with decent tactics when the game isn't balanced enough to allow it. Some factions clearly lag far behind and no matter what, people that play them won't be able to come up with decent counters because creativity doesn't mean much next to broken cards.

If i may ask, what factions do you see as lagging behing ATM? And what do you mean when you say that, how far up in MMR shall factions decks be competetive for it to not lag behind?

Snake_Foxhounder;n9455191 said:
When the majority of the player base, including the developers themselves, are saying something isn't healthy for the game, then the people who are defending it are the ones that are capitalizing on it. (Speaking in general here)

I get your point, but... capitalizing? I mean, I'm not playing for money here, this is a game. Now, believe me, I'm very competitive and sometimes I absolutely stress out while playing, and winning seems incredibly (and moronically) important to me, but still, if I lose to an interesting deck, if I lose playing with an interesting deck, then really, what did I lose? Some MMR? better than going to the movies (in that it was fun, I didn't waste any money, and I didn't have to get my fat ass and even huge belly out of the house)
So, again - someone enjoying this patch in no way means they are necessarily netdecker.

So many children on these forums crying about this patch, instead of using their brains to make new decks that counter the ones currently on top. Smh.

Just the other day I found a netdeck that was 90% identical to the deck I created with my own originality. It really doesn't take too much to realise what the powerful cards are of the game right now and even more so to kinda figure out what cards would be mutually benefitial to that card so I think anyone who complains about net decking is really on a level where they aren't so bright and maybe it did give their also not so bright opponent a leg up? but so why not net deck yourself, or stop caring about the loss so much, just a game?

Of course I would look up on the net for deck combos (I need to update myself to what I am up to daily), of course I will experiment with cards to see what works and synergizes best for my style of playing, of course if someone is playing against me with an interesting deck that I will try to built myself one (if I like what I see), of course that with the cards we have we'll end up in a pretty familiar decks between Faction at the end.

And of course - sometimes you do not have a lot of time and some decks perform "faster" than others in their games. Thus you copy "the best 90% wins deck out there, ggg", so you can make max profit for min effort. Is it annoying - yes, is it something I'll lose my sleep over it and preach to the people how sinful it is to it - hell no.

Just look at the top ranked players, most of them don't even crunch more than 65% win rates. The more you win the harder the opponents get. The more closer to the end of the season the closer their crunch is around the 50% winrates become and actually those with the highest winrates become players who tend to be really smart casual players who never play more games than necessary to break past the barrier of beginners.

I don't agree about patch,but i must say this is first time i enjoy playing monsters deathwish ,nice work there so fun and really pretty cards

ArianeGrosmont;n9456491 said:
I get your point, but... capitalizing? I mean, I'm not playing for money here, this is a game. Now, believe me, I'm very competitive and sometimes I absolutely stress out while playing, and winning seems incredibly (and moronically) important to me, but still, if I lose to an interesting deck, if I lose playing with an interesting deck, then really, what did I lose? Some MMR? better than going to the movies (in that it was fun, I didn't waste any money, and I didn't have to get my fat ass and even huge belly out of the house)
So, again - someone enjoying this patch in no way means they are necessarily netdecker.

Oh man, you'd be surprised. People take their MMR way too seriously. It's why I was speaking in general and not calling you out on it.

I actually don't have an issue with netdecking itself. I already wrote quite a few posts on why I don't think it's the players' fault. Netdecking is just a symptom of a small card pool and poor balancing.

Take ST, for example. Anyone who has interest in playing mulligan will probably end up with a very similar deck, netdecking or not. Not all cards have the same value so people will naturally gravitate to what works best. Then there's ranked, where people just want to use the best deck possible. All that isn't counting new players with very limited reources, who need to look up decks because they literally can't afford 800 scrap on testing a Gold they think might work.

Netdecking will never go away and it's natural. However, when netdecking comes to people playing just 1 or 2 archetypes, it's a sign of poor balance. If people netdecked every faction right now and if every one of those was on the same level, we wouldn't have this issue.

@ isnadtochiev

Which faction can pull the same power swings as ST mulligan? NG has some pretty good cards but they can't catch up as they require setup. NR has good armor buffs but at best that's 2 factions on top. In a way it reminds me of the Crones+Woodland spirit=pass from Closed Beta. Let the opponent go down 2 cards.

Last edited:
I don't even think ST mulligans on top right now, I think people will start playing spell ST once they pull the cards for it.

this patch is fun and just obligate people to try to play a bit more cautious and smarter than ever before, in order to win games .... so, it's a challenge now to build new strategies around this new way to play Gwent

This patch reduced all to whom is starting second and whom is getting better RNG. Nothing more. Nothing less. The rest is clicking.

This new patch is utter garbage. The only thing good that came from this is the new cards plain and simple end of story. Its sloppy and poorly thought out. Gold cards are just silver cards with gold borders. Demote exists for NO REASON I cant buff my golds with tribal bronzes but every thing you have kills them. Agitator makes endless mahakim marauders that are 100% strictly better than Golds hands down. They get stronger in weather effects and Yenn:Con makes marauders impossible to deal with and they get huge as shit. Golds die to weather but weather makes a bronze better. WTF is that?

This patch does not encourage smarter playing. It encourages the use of broken cards and mechanics to pile drive anyone that isn't abusing the same cards. Weather cards are broke as hell now. And its nothing but BM voice spammers and sending those GG supplies as a last chance to be a toxic asshole after a landslide ass kicking is dealt to you.

Meridianwarlord;n9492631 said:
This new patch is utter garbage. The only thing good that came from this is the new cards plain and simple end of story. Its sloppy and poorly thought out. Gold cards are just silver cards with gold borders. Demote exists for NO REASON I cant buff my golds with tribal bronzes but every thing you have kills them. Agitator makes endless mahakim marauders that are 100% strictly better than Golds hands down. They get stronger in weather effects and Yenn:Con makes marauders impossible to deal with and they get huge as shit. Golds die to weather but weather makes a bronze better. WTF is that?

You cant blame people for playing around Marauders. Its the only good ST card that didnt get nerfed in the last hotfix. Actually they did nerf the Agitator to Marauder combo by weakening Agitator by one. And how about Greatsword? It buffs too from damage. Though I admit, it being a 7 makes it vulnerable to lightning and other unit removal cards.

Top Bottom