Need more leaders ?

+
Need more leaders ?

Tried to build Monster decks around deathwish and around beasts. But for both decks the current three leaders were not realy fitting the theme and playstyle of the decks. Could we get 1-2 additional leaders for each race ? So at least every possible archetype that was implemented with the latest patch has a viable leader that fits the specific theme.

couple months ago on dev stream they promised 1 new leader for each faction till end of year, so we might get something that works with deathwish as they are adding cards for this archetype

I think after Thronebreaker launch, we will have at least 1 new leader for each faction.

Ildun;n9460711 said:
I think after Thronebreaker launch, we will have at least 1 new leader for each faction.

Realy needed.

Some factions have super generic leaders which fit several arche types but some of the latest archetypes dont have any fitting leader who would have any synergy with the specific archetype.

For monsters I could see the Crones being added as the new leader and they would feel right as a deathwish leader.

I'd like to see Queen Cerys as a new Skellige leader.

Demavend III for Northern Realms.

Either Iorveth or Isengrimm as a new ambush focused leader for Scoia'tael (after Morenn is fixed). I'd also like to see some more bronze ambush cards (I'm probably in the minority though).

And I guess Fergus var Emries for Nilfgaard?

New leaders are pointless if there aren't any archetypes to play them in. A death wish and armour leader are pretty obvious contenders right now.

agreed, we need more leaders cards with synergy with more achetypes in like new deathwish, and armor NR etc etc etc

DRK3

Forum veteran
I thought Unseen Elder was the Deathwish Leader, no? I mean, what have i been using since day one of OB? You consume their points and trigger their deathwish, it's a win-win. Almost all of the new bronze monster units are deathwish, so maybe what Deathwish deck needs is Deathwish Gold cards, not another Leader.

And yes, for the love of Melitele, bring Scoia ambushes back, with a new Ambush Leader. I refuse to play ambush deck with just 3 different ambushes, and the other SC archetypes are boring or filled with netdeckers.

For monsters I could see the Crones being added as the new leader and they would feel right as a deathwish leader

Quite close to the crones and former ruler of Velen according to the lore, you have the Mother She Who knows. There is a lot of possibilities for her deploy hability (trigger deathwish from X location, summon deathwish unit, or even gain X stats each time a deathwish appears/is triggered (she is fed by blood and sacrifices)) ; but as a deathwish leader i think she should have her own deathwith ability. And in TW Wild Hunt she can actually die to reborn as the Black Beauty.

MShauny;n9475521 said:
Quite close to the crones and former ruler of Velen according to the lore, you have the Mother She Who knows. There is a lot of possibilities for her deploy hability (trigger deathwish from X location, summon deathwish unit, or even gain X stats each time a deathwish appears/is triggered (she is fed by blood and sacrifices)) ; but as a deathwish leader i think she should have her own deathwith ability. And in TW Wild Hunt she can actually die to reborn as the Black Beauty.

Witcher 3 Spoilers for the Crones Quest line
The creature stuck in the tree is the mother of the crones, she could totally be a leader.

[video=youtube_share;TBXyQe6AT-M]https://youtu.be/TBXyQe6AT-M[/video]

Gwent/Thronebreaker info from 23min 4sec to about 25 min
about new leaders/additional factions and new mode tease

also after 25 min is a Q/A cyberpunk info as well {not much}

Thanks for the video share. I cant wait for the new faction. They showed images of Anna and Detlaff while mentioning adding a new one. God I hope we get Touissant. Judging by how CDPR has not released cards from that setting, its very likely we will have it

Iorveth lost his place as a movement card, so personally I'd like to see him promoted to a Leader card with a movement archetype. It was good that they nerfed him and fleshed out the bronze level movement cards, but it's still pretty hit or miss without a true leader card. I don't want an Ambush leader until they add more ambush cards.

I agree with the leaders, I also was trying to play a Beast+Relic+Dragons monster deck and i ended up with dagon which do not fit but the other two have a very specific archetype. Maybe a more general purpose leader for monsters would be interesting, something that is not particular but is good enough to try different things. I think with monsters right now is a very tighten example since all leaders seem to be bonded to a defined deck and are not much flexible. Generally the other factions have something more flexible, John Calveit, Eithné or Brouver Hoog, Foltest, Crach an Craite can fit with any deck. Monsters, Dagon is the general purpose although you would expect to be tied to weather. Before in CB, Eredin for monsters was an 11 silver card which you could be use as a good "flexible deck" leader, but not any more.

To summarize, I think the problem is that monsters lack a general purpose leader that can fit in any deck.

Last edited:
Adding more leaders should really broaden the types of deck we see too. It's pretty easy to anticipate what you'll fight against against some Leader cards.

Top Bottom