Do you often buy kegs with real money?

+
Not often, but I have bought them a few times. Including the Starter Pack.

There are certainly worse ways to spend money than buying Gwent kegs. Improving card collection and supporting CDPR; sounds like a great deal to me. :)

Well, actually any micro transaction which can speed thing up can consider as pay-to-win, but in this game it offer little advantage since you can craft any card and earn coin to buy kegs.

I bought the starter pack. It seemed like good value and it was a way to support the devs. Didn't really get anything I needed though. As for normal kegs, they are overpriced imo. But then again, I have no problem spending $50 or more to go out drinking on a Sat night.

At this point I have all the cards I want for 3 factions, most the good neutral cards, and enough of a 4th faction to experiment. It cost me a lot of time because I originally milled three entire factions, including the leaders. At least its been a fun grind.

I probably will never buy a keg. But the campaigns, they will be a first day purchase for me. I absolutely adore the world of the Witcher and would love to revisit it Gwent style.

I brought the starter pack and 60 kegs, and that's probably all in some time. Gonna buy single player campaign tho, never miss a story made by CDPR

Back during CB my son milled all my gold cards, and started working his way through my silvers, so my husband bought me a crazy amount of kegs. Now I also bought the starter pack- it's a really good deal, and a fun gift to unwrap.
All in all, this game is 100% f2p: all it takes is time and a minimal amount of effort. Don't forget you don't even need to win a single match in order to get your daily rewards: you're rewarded per rounds won. But if you expect to come in and beat ppl who are lvl 70 rank 20 on your first day, then yeah, you'll need to cough up some dough, netdeck like a motherf***er, and you'll still lose cause there's an element of experience to the game as well.

TheShift;n9500571 said:

I spent,lets just say over a hundred in closed beta and the same in open beta
And i have a dust addiction​
Dust is my spending too. My son loves the "moving" cards... well, I loved those too.
As for the rest, I quite easily obtained all the cards (just cards) in cb and, after the wipe, was able to restore and enhance it with the crazy amount of scraps and dust I got and earn.

I had collected a lot too in closed beta.and like you said with the refund I was able to get back about what I had

my problem..was moving to ps4.. it was a fresh start lol

TheShift;n9501061 said:
I had collected a lot too in closed beta.and like you said with the refund I was able to get back about what I had

my problem..was moving to ps4.. it was a fresh start lol
Why would you do such a thing? :hmm:

I bought 45 Kegs and the Starter pack. Now i have 20k scraps and for the full collection I need 29k. Not bad. And I miil only duplicates or cards, when I have more than 3.

Guest 4021160

amircheme;n9500291 said:
Im just asking a legit question. Why you gotta call me troll?

Your triggering magic doesn't work on me Mr. Troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
amircheme;n9500231 said:
Sounds like a pay-to-win game. Dear developer, please do something and don't be like other devs.
amircheme;n9500291 said:

No, you did not ask a question. Instead you started implying things, without giving any explanation or insight and then you casually go about asking the devs to fix it, like it's the simplest thing in the world. On top of that you've insulted players too. And all this on your first day here. How did you think players were going to react?

FYI, whether or not Gwent is a P2W game is one of the hottest topics on the forum. Thread carefully...

When I first started playing Gwent in Closed Beta I spent about $100. In Open Beta I bought the Starter Pack and enough Powder to animate all of my remaining heroes. Everything else I've collected from ore, dust and powder gained by playing. When the new season started I didn't need to pay anything extra to collect all the new cards.

Guest 4021160

4RM3D;n9501731 said:
No, you did not ask a question. Instead you started implying things, without giving any explanation or insight and then you casually go about asking the devs to fix it, like it's the simplest thing in the world. On top of that you've insulted players too. And all this on your first day here. How did you think players were going to react?

FYI, whether or not Gwent is a P2W game is one of the hottest topics on the forum. Thread carefully...

A true gwentleman doesn't take offence on a troll, cause troll is whom smashes his barrels[SUP]TM[/SUP]

amircheme;n9500291 said:

Just because when you raise such a question (or any other related to possible game rigging) there are people whom are feeling very disturbed. Probably they feel like you question their in-game results in the sense there are other decisive factors and not only their powerful skills. So, you are a troll, you wearing tin foil hat, etc. Am I right monsieur mod?

DRK3

Forum veteran
I havent really spent a single cent in Gwent, with now closing on the 500hour mark, which makes me feel guilty for not supporting CDPR more.

Come on guys, just release Thronebreaker already so you can have my money!
:smiling2:

I will not spend money on kegs because I consider them as a bad deal. The starter pack doesn't attract me much, but I will definitely buy the story mode if it is reasonably priced ($10-$20) in order to support the developers.

HenryGrosmont;n9503141 said:
I'm getting close to "premium" my whole collection... on one platform:look:

Nice..lol
I have all monsters premium x3 bronze
I have all neutral premiums most x3 bronze
Full Skellige deck x3 bronze 20% premium
Almost Full Scoiatael x3 bronze 20% premium missing some golds

on the ps4

I have 12k scraps and some kegs on pc 8)
With the base cards and I think most monsters
I'd have to check..I forget

Top Bottom