x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ethnic Characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethnic Characters

Are there any in Gwent? I don't really care or think it's an issue at all, I'm just curious. LOL

Originally posted by cajsoccer View Post
    Are there any in Gwent? I don't really care or think it's an issue at all, I'm just curious. LOL
    If you mean people with dark skin, in Gwent there's still none, but they should add the Offieri from Witcher 3's first DLC. Specially that cr... that mage that drained all your money for supposedly amazing runes...

Comment

Most look rather Eastern European, and that's ethnic, isn't it? Are Elves ethnic? What about Dwarfs? If Monsters aren't ethnic, I don't know what is.

Originally posted by cajsoccer View Post
      I don't really care or think it's an issue at all, I'm just curious. LOL
      Also, why LOL? What's funny about your statement that you should be laughing?

Comment

There was a discussion (if I remember correctly) back in the closed beta about this very thing

it too ended bad. (I think)

let's leave political correctness out of a not real fantasy game.shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by TheShift View Post
          There was a discussion (if I remember correctly) back in the closed beta about this very thing

it too ended bad. (I think)

let's leave political correctness out of a not real fantasy game.shall we?
          The North remembers...
          Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Comment

Originally posted by arubino99 View Post
            If Monsters aren't ethnic, I don't know what is.
            ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by HenryGrosmont View Post
              The North remembers...

Comment

You should be more clear about what you mean by "Ethnic characters."

In Gwent Northern Realms = England, Whales, Scotland
                Skellige = Sweden, Finland, Norway
                Nilfgaard = Germany, Austria
                Scoia'Tael = ?????
                Monsters = ?????

I assume you meant nonwhite ethnicities. In which case, I expect Ofeir to be the next faction in Gwent. Ofeir = India

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGuy View Post
                  You should be more clear about what you mean by "Ethnic characters."

In Gwent Northern Realms = England, Whales, Scotland
                  Nilfgaard = Germany, Austria
                  Scoia'Tael = ?????
                  Monsters = ?????

I assume you meant nonwhite ethnicities. In which case, I expect Ofeir to be the next faction in Gwent. Ofeir = India
                  Actually, a lot of it is mixed up, culturally and whatnot. For example: Cahir aep Ceallach is Breton but Voorhis speaks with a German accent. Ciaran and Eithne are Celtic/Irish. Also, Skellige druids...can you imagine a Norse druid? As for Dwarves, well... adding Scottish accent doesn't change anything
                  Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Comment

As for Dwarves, well... adding Scottish accent doesn't change anything.
                    Ay, they're still hardy fighters, with a taste for drink, an inclination to be quarrelsome, and an extensive knowledge of mining and demolition.

As for Norse druids, it's rather an amusing notion -- particularly the hats.
                    'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, be acquainted with and follow the Forums' Regulations. Thank you.

Comment

Ofeir = India
                      I always kinda thought the Ofieri were most similar to the Ottoman Turks.

Comment

Dont feed the "Ethnic" trolls
                        "Patience Is Not A Virtue I Am Known To Have"

Comment

Originally posted by mishant View Post
                          Dont feed the "Ethnic" trolls
                          I'm not trolling, I was just curious if there were non-white Gwent characters. I guess referring to them as "ethnic" was not the right way to go about asking.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGuy View Post
                            I must respectfully disagree with this. I see no connection between Skelligers and us Finns. Maybe those who live in Åland, but that's it.

And to keep this post more on topic, I will say that I'm interested to see whether any Ofieri characters get their own Gwent cards. Really liked most of those guys in Wild Hunt, so I definitely hope so.

Comment

Moderator: Civil questions and civil responses are welcome. Insults and accusations are not. Two posts deleted. Play nicely, friends.
                              'Sorry, but smashing barrels is one of my hobbies!'

Forewarned is forearmed. Therefore, to reduce chances of random encounters with the Guards, please, be acquainted with and follow the Forums' Regulations. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X