I don't understand why people think the current version is broken

+
I don't understand why people think the current version is broken

If you have to compare with old versions then all decks are OP now, but that is what makes the game more fun.

If you just copy decks and know not how to actually think and play, like when you see a lot of weathers but you have no clear weather cards, when enemy units are multiplying and you have no damage cards at all, it is not the game that broken, it is you.

the beauty of pvp is, unless the game is truly broken and many ways of playing have no counter, the more OP deck will constantly meet its counter play and eventually perform probably only a bit better than other decks. And so far, all most all cards that can generate 10+ str have a counter (probably except hailstorm), especially now gold can be targeted.

I am sure when gwent is getting more and more player base, such complains will appear more and more, but I hope develop team can discuss with pro players to learn the truest balance we need, not the loudest.

PS: we really should have something like combat stimulator, like when you lose you save the entire game, and when you put it on forum and other players can play it, then people can point out the critical weakness of the losers' deck or prove that it is simply a L2P issue, so we can tell who's complain is legit

I was on the fence pre hotfix. About how this version would play out.

But I have to admit ..once again I'm finding Gwent to be very entertaining

And i am really liking it

TheShift;n9527021 said:
I was on the fence pre hotfix. About how this version would play out.

But I have to admit ..once again I'm finding Gwent to be very entertaining

And i am really liking it

Honest before this patch the game gets boring pretty quickly for me...and then the patch come out, and then hotfix, this game is much more thrilling than before for me now

It's only Northen Realms that is seriously broken atm.. You could say they are out of control actually. So it's either NR this deck or the 3 other options they have to combine something. And all you can do is watch how you will be taken down.

weather spam is too strong and hard to play against unless you build your deck around it completely. frost hound - white frost - carantir - rag nar roog (put a drought in there just to be really annoying) in a wild hunt deck is too powerful and really annoying to play against most people have 2 clear skies at and Maybe 2-3 weather clear units which few decks have around my mr (level 12 rank 7)

i want to make death wish work but its a mess right now, no leader that synergises with that deck and the gold card combos could work just as well in weather or consume even resurrect deck - rip btw. i love this game but its really frustrating trying to climb with death wish, I've hit a wall at rank 7 and don't have enough scrap to change my deck right now.

another thing too, been playing sinse cb. i scrapped everything to make a really awesome resurrect deck which have been butchered now, but, i played that deck from level 10 to 39, when i tried to make a consume deck at level 39 i still got matched against players as if i was playing my ridiculously strong resurrect deck which made it a pain to try and learn consume deck i stopped playing on this account because of this.

nilfgaard still seem like the devs favorite and is a pain to play against, nothing fun playing against a deck that can see almost all your cards.. even if you win. as i said i love this game and will keep sticking to it but it has its obvious flaws

Had to check the date to make sure this wasn't from the last update... The state of the game changes, some like, some don't then it changes again...

Last edited by a moderator:
The game game is much better now in terms of balance after the most recent patch and hotfix. But the coin toss is still too big of an issue for me. If I go second I win 80 percent of my matches. If I go first its usually 50-50. It still bothers me that CDPR has not addressed this issue. I hope they eventually go with the token for the player who goes first. And that they can choose to add it to their score at the end of a round.

ImKingFlippyNips;n9527151 said:
another thing too, been playing sinse cb. i scrapped everything to make a really awesome resurrect deck which have been butchered now (...)

It's not a good strategy to scrap your entire collection to make 1 deck. I've been playing for 3 months only and I didn't have the chance to play on CB. With the rewards I got from the challenges I decided to start with Skellige at that time. I made myself a Queensguards deck and started my journey with it, with no fancy golds or silvers. I never scrapped anything if not for the spare cards. After almost a month playing with Skellige and improving it I had enough scraps and cards to try a new deck, so I moved to Dorfs, and then I had two factions with consistent decks I could play with. I continued on that path and now, after 3 months, I have almost a full collection.

About the topic, people tend not to be so prone to changes, but it's not hard to realize how much better the game is now compared to the early stages.

Lyserus;n9526751 said:
we really should have something like combat simulator

I believe this wouldn't be so great. I prefer to watch good streamers and other interesting videos to improve my gameplay over playing on a "simulator" over and over.

im too impatient not to scrap the cards i dont use atm and rarely have money to spend on games and the monster faction is the only faction with any appeal to me, but ya, should'ave could'ave would'ave saved my cards instead of scapping them, atleast my monster cards.

Last edited:
The issue is that the Gold immunity was introduced without balancing out Golds themselves. Now we're in a situation where a lot of Golds are the same or even worse versions of bronzes, which got a huge buff and can reach15+ points easily.

Which also brought back weather spam.

I honestly think the game is much better now then it was before the update/hotfix. My only complaint would be that some of Gold cards feel really weak. Like Succubus for example. I hope some of them get changed.

I can tell you this much. Playing as ST is absolutely shite. The only people who think this is a fair match up are SK (resurrect) and NR with it's spy removal cards (which I have already boosted) I can't win either match. The NR deck can mulligan it's entire deck. The NR's deck is ridiculous. But that's okay. Because pre-hotfix all the guys whining about ST got their wish. Most had invested in anything BUT ST. The update didn't suit them and they got what they wanted. Fair enough. I also cam up against nothing but ST after the update. Then they nerfed ST.

But now, ST doesn't get any advantage from resilience. As I see it, It's get into bed with the meta deck or keep losing to decks I have no chance of winning against before a card is even played. Just now, 4 NG decks ALL playing the same deck. NG......Why am I seeing NG? Because I went back to spelldeck. If I put scorch in my deck I will get matched up to another deck, probably monsters.

Rinse and repeat.

I do not think the game is any more broken than it was before. Sure, NR armor is the top dog now but it is nowhere near as bad as weather and bears were, not to mention CB. My only personal gripe is that Foltest decks got crapped on by the reinforcement nerf so no more 25+ card decks. :sad:

I get the mentality of I'm winning so yay for me I love the game now but here is what I see is wrong with the game now. Because there are some very exploitable card combos now we are seeing the same decks over and over and that's dull no matter what you want to say.

Hey!

I lost faith in GWENT some time ago when it was SO boring that i couldnt force myself to even do daily 100 gold quest. After all changes my 3 decks got ruined in their state. I decided to give a try to NR the 'armor' deck and it worked fine but it wasnt enough for me as i dont like stacking and buffing mechanic - too boring.

I wanted to get some full weather dec butr i dont like weather monsters and scoiatael weather archetypes after they nerfed bronze weather. Decided to make some experiments with axemen skellige + golden + silver weathers + my intuition and yesterday i scored like 10-12 ranked wins in a row reaching near 2500 ranked points? Its gigantic pleasure to watch someone carrying only one weather clear and his frustration seeing my skellige storms. This is something i was looking for. This isnt deck from the internet as theyre less annoying not carrying 2x golden weather but i do include that and much more of my ideas :). I wont post it here neither on the internet but beware!

I dont care if golden cards arent immune now. Even if its possible to damage or kill them now noone includes any removals (rarely) and i can place whatever i want and it waorks like regular immune gold = who cares!

but ALL GOLDEN CARDS should be rebalanced due to changes and ALL GOLDEN CARDS should be possible to refund for full dust ass all of them got nerfed DIRECTLY. i dont know if there was such option i wasnt playin for a long time

Last edited by a moderator:
The main problems are op netdecks(those that exploit unbalances) and lack of cards in collection. It's frustrating when you dont have many cards to work around and you already have to take on netdecks at level 5 for example, otherwise it's true you can likely think of something to counter whatever flaw the game has.

Top Bottom