What do you think the biggest problem/need-fix thing for Gwent right now?

+

• Netdecking

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • RNG

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Coin Flip

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Certain card too OP

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

For me I start to feel like it's coin flip..it is indeed that the one play first usually have card-round or counter-play disadvantage, and I really don't see a really good solution right now
What I thought of:
1. First one to play draw another card (too unbalance..1 card may change a lot)
2.First one to play and win the first round, you get to draw an additional card in second round (I'm not sure what this will lead, but still, 1 card may change a lot)
3.Give certain units "Charge" ability, which triggers only when the unit is the first unit appear on board in the first turn of a round (so resilient or self-resurrect cards don't count), and it can trigger things like boost, shield, armor or even promote.
(I feel like the third might be a good solution, but how to correctly implement it is very important)

Netdecking is inherent to the online CCG genre and cannot be fixed, only mitigated. RNG is also inherent, but can be a design choice. In former it cannot be fixed, in the latter it doesn't need to be fixed. Certain abilities too OP is a continues cycle found in in every online game made worse by Power Creep. It's not something you fix and be done with it, it's something you keep fixing.

As such none of the aforementioned issues can be compared with each other. Besides, this poll is flawed, regardless. Just having a few popular 'issues' while ignoring the rest and not having an 'other' option, will not give a good view anyway.

The only real issue is the coin flip. Sure, other CCG also have this. But for Gwent the impact is greater. That's why it needs to be fixed and maybe even more importantly, it's something that actually can be fixed.

I don't know it's RNG or my luck? Most of the time no matter what faction I am playing, opp. is always having that one counter to beat me. Igni, hailstorm, scorch, locks whatever it is but when I am having some counter card for opp. it's always ends up remaining in deck only :/

One example, I was playing NG & I am having that Nauzicaa Standard Bearer 1 card in my deck. My match was against SK & he played Birna, I played all deck thinning cards & the last card remain in my deck was "Nauzicaa Standard Bearer" No need to say that I loose that game :/ & this is just one example as many more are there actually.

Everything except 1.

Netdecking is inevitable. Also, they fixed it to a degree in pro ladder. And it's actually quite easy to fix. The devs just need to finally hire some professionals who actually know the meaning of word "Balance". If there are many strong decks then people will be netdecking many different decks so nothing wrong with that as long as we have variety.

Last edited:
:hai:how can you be upset with such a handsome guy like me? That's right...You can't...:hai:

Last edited:
when-your-deck-loses-to-everything-it-needs-more-cowbell-5589586.png

I voted for card imbalances. However, I think adding more cards is really the thing the game needs most. Get the balance right, and regularly add more. Much easier to type than to do however.

None of the above.

Biggest problem: Monsters are in dire need of a buff to compete with Nilf and NR
Fix: buff monsters. Or nerf Nilf and NR.

The Gold Card redesign is a close second though.

The posting here sometimes is horrendous. I'd like to see that fixed.

The posting here is horrendous, sometimes. I'd like to see that fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
njmcshane;n9532421 said:
None of the above.

Biggest problem: Monsters are in dire need of a buff to compete with Nilf and NR
Fix: buff monsters. Or nerf Nilf and NR.

The Gold Card redesign is a close second though.

I dunno bout that .. I'm on a 15 - 0 win streak

I eat northern realms for breakfast

Definitely the coin flip. I'd say I am five times likely to win a match if I go first. I champion the token introduction as a one time use that can only be played after a round ends to boost that players score by 4 or 5 points. Of course, only the player who goes first would get it.

TheShift;n9533321 said:
I dunno bout that .. I'm on a 15 - 0 win streak

I eat northern realms for breakfast
Monsters are right there with NR right now. Both, Dagon and Unseen are a good choice against them.

HenryGrosmont;n9533391 said:
Monsters are right there with NR right now. Both, Dagon and Unseen are a good choice against them.

yehh actually few archetypes of every factions are getting good results like... NR Armor, Buff / Mo Weather, Consume / Ng Spy, Reveal / St Movement, Marauder Buff / Sk Axeman

I'd consider very few cards to be op, but one of them stands out: Merigold's Hailstorm. Literally everybody is using this card right now. Some people even build their decks around it. It's sickening.

My biggest problem is netdecking but there's not much you can do about that. However, I haven't come up against the same decks in a while which is really refreshing.

Also, I feel like some gold cards need small changes. It's not a big deal; armor, shields, higher base strengths, stuff like that.

Top Bottom