What I think why SC and SK are weak right now

+
Haiel;n9550881 said:
And also Monsters are easly countered yeah sure thats why Dagon consume deck is the most powerful and flexible deck right now with very few counters. Just try playing this game or at least check statistics before writing in the forum.
You have to tech against it. Dagon Consume is very counterable.
Kill the harpy eggs, it's gg. They literally can't win round 1 without the buffs from the eggs, because all factions have incredibly strong tempo bronzes, except for Monsters. Nekkers are it, and they take a while to build up.

It's a strong deck, but it really is easy to counter. There's a litany of cards that accomplish it. Mardroeme, Epidemic, Lacerate, Arachas Venom, Tremors, Shackle, Bomb, even Dagon can do them in if you're smart and use Torrential Rain. Even Hailstorm might be worth using to kill off the harpy eggs.

Consume Monster does well against a raw point matchup, which is what a bunch of people are playing these days. It has carry-over with the Ekimaras, but if Consume loses round 1, the Ekimaras don't matter. Don't waste locks or try to kill them unless it will win you the round or you get 2 for one (Scorch, Igni, whatever).

nivellen75;n9550541 said:
This is quite funny. I play ST on pro lader since it's start and i'm doing VERY well with it, against every faction.
To begin with, SK has two archetypes that are tier 2 while Scoia has one deck that isn't an archetype but a few powerful cards mashed together which will inevitably addressed in the upcoming patch/fix yet again. Not to mention that the Spell deck loses to all NR, Monster real Consume, Weather/Consume and Control hybrid quite easily. Again, the faction SK is in a better shape than the faction Scoia'tael. I explicitly wrote that latest hot"fix" was made because people who cried for it weren't able to look beyond one card. Does SK need a bit of improvement? sure. Some negative tweaks as well, imo. But the situation with it is much clearer than with SC. Was a clearer now?

HenryGrosmont;n9551431 said:
.. Not to mention that the Spell deck loses to all NR, Monster real Consume, Weather/Consume and Control hybrid quite easily.
Pro lader (and normal ladder above 4k) have to be full of incompetent NR and MO players then because i have about 70% win ratio against them (if not more, can't check now) with Spell ST.

nivellen75;n9551621 said:
Pro lader (and normal ladder above 4k) have to be full of incompetent NR and MO players then because i have about 70% win ratio against them (if not more, can't check now) with Spell ST.

This is my experience as well. I've posted my thoughts about ST Spell in another thread. Been playing the deck for the last two days. Went 17-0 before i loose to a mill.

nivellen75;n9551621 said:
I have a Nilfgaard (not mill) deck that destroys the very foundation of Spell as well. My NR decks do it too. And yes, pro ladder is full of bad players. Good thing only 21 rank will make into the next season.

But again, this is my experience with Spell and Scoia in general after the hotfix.

HenryGrosmont;n9554271 said:
I have a Nilfgaard (not mill) deck that destroys the very foundation of Spell as well. My NR decks do it too. And yes, pro ladder is full of bad players. Good thing only 21 rank will make into the next season.

But again, this is my experience with Spell and Scoia in general after the hotfix.

Could you post both of this decks? Especially the NG one. Unless it's an anti-spell designed deck to hard counter this specific deck.

Last edited:
^ I can presume he runs Assassins that deal with the Farseers in one hit, combined with the Enforcers and voila. At least this is the way it works for me.

partci;n9555961 said:
^ I can presume he runs Assassins that deal with the Farseers in one hit, combined with the Enforcers and voila. At least this is the way it works for me.

No decent player would play unshielded or 8 str farseer instead of summoning one through ADC (10 str) against spies.

Last edited:
nunqmuo;n9555361 said:
Could you post both of this decks? Especially the NG one. Unless it's an anti-spell designed deck to hard counter this specific deck.
I'd rather not to. No reason to, really. And I don't want to see Scoia go further down. However, both anti-spell decks are not very successful vs high tempo of Henselt (esp with the bad draw) and maybe even pure Consume. Which also beats Spell. That's another problem I pointed out before: rock/paper/scissors.
partci;n9555961 said:
Nah, any deck running more than two (if) Assassins is an unstable one, I'm afraid. I'll give a hint, I run one or two forgotten cards...
nunqmuo;n9556271 said:
No decent player would play unshielded or 8 str farseer instead of summoning one through ADC (10 str) against spies.
First, you'd be surprised how many do. Second, the strategy is basically deny, disrupt, destroy.

Lastly, my friends: I might be a bad source of reference after all: lost more than 200 mmr last night with 2 new decks I tested. Inconsistency is a ...cruel mistress.

:cheers:

They truely butchered the hell out of Skellige. I spend so many Scraps on Skellige before the patch. It was not the strongest, yet a good, but less played fraction, but now? One out of twenty enemies has a King Brand-Deck and they are losing. I just can not understand, why they had to nerf the Axeman so hard and God knows, how they came up with the Idea for the Clan Dimun-Pirate. There is simply no reason to play versus Nilfgaard and it's agents, or Radovik of NR, when you try the Longsword/Ship-Tactic. You just can not compare to the stronger decks, because the strength of Syour cards is so low and it seems like a joke, when you get a NR-Enemy. What shall I do? Using the same Nilfgaard-Deck with Calveit, which is played by most people? Getting that stupid Ram for NR? It is not funny to play the same OP-Deck everyone has.

Now going with some fragged-up Bran/Skirmishers-Deck. It is fun to play, but NR is still whiping the floor with my cards.

HenryGrosmont;n9557871 said:
I'd rather not to. No reason to, really. And I don't want to see Scoia go further down. However, both anti-spell decks are not very successful vs high tempo of Henselt (esp with the bad draw) and maybe even pure Consume. Which also beats Spell. That's another problem I pointed out before: rock/paper/scissors.

HenryGrosmont;n9557871 said:
Nah, any deck running more than two (if) Assassins is an unstable one, I'm afraid. I'll give a hint, I run one or two forgotten cards...

As you wish. But is there any chance you will post the deck on db when you reach top1?:hai:

First, you'd be surprised how many do.

Can confirm this. Today i decided to build Radovid Control for a change. Tired of easy wins with SpellSC. And it's so happen that 1 out of 3 games were against Spell deck (card for card straight from DB). Rekt em all. But mostly because most of em was terrible. One guy, after i dry passed on im in r2, played merc into alzur ( killing his own merc ). I laughed my ass off watching him instantly forfeit. The other guy in r3 with his last card ( Eithne ) instead of resurrecting ADC into farseer ( shouldve do it earlier - so another mistake ) resurrected FL into Rally into merc ( i think he hoped for farseer ) into Nothing. I cried. The third guy played both of his farseers from hand ( same strength ) on the same row into potential scorch/gigni and if it wasnt enough he did it as i said earlier against Radovid's double lock. All of this 4k plays. Netdecking at its finest.

:pride:
P.S. So maybe this is why you think SpellSC is weak when in reality it's terrible players.:hmm:

Last edited:
nunqmuo;n9559981 said:
As you wish. But is there any chance you will post the deck on db when you reach top1?:hai:
That will never happen, the "top 1" part... First, there are much better and more dedicated players than yours truly. Second, have you seen me playing sober? Me neither.

nunqmuo;n9559981 said:
P.S. So maybe this is why you think SpellSC is weak when in reality it's terrible players.:hmm:
No. Spell shouldn't be called a deck, imo. Not a proper one. It's just a bunch of powerful cards, mostly Neutral, crammed together. I hope that I properly explain what I'm trying to say here.

HenryGrosmont;n9561961 said:
That will never happen, the "top 1" part... First, there are much better and more dedicated players than yours truly. Second, have you seen me playing sober? Me neither.

Sarcasm...Sarcasm everywhere...:look:

No. Spell shouldn't be called a deck, imo. Not a proper one. It's just a bunch of powerful cards, mostly Neutral, crammed together. I hope that I properly explain what I'm trying to say here.

I totally disagree. A lot of faction cards are aimed at Neutral Spells. Eithne, Ithline, Aglais, Farseer, DBP, Mercs, Nature's Gift, Sage ( even though it's not relevant here ).

But let's stop this discussion of Spell Deck. Everyone has their own opinion. So let's leave it at that.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Top Bottom