Breaking thru plateaus

+
Breaking thru plateaus

This season I'm really trying to push for rank 20 in order to get the nice Iorveth avatar. I'm pretty close now, at rank 18 but it seems that I'm stuck. For the last few days I haven't been able to get above 3850 MMR and have been lingering around there. Do any of you have any advise on how to push thru these kind of situations?

Low ranking player here but try tweaking your deck just a little. Change one or two cards, test them in casual and go from there.

Whatever you do, good luck.

The thing about the current ranking system is that it's very very easy to make it to about rank 17 (because you hardly lose mmr and, you can have a very low win percentage and still climb)... And then... Boom! Every loss actually costs you significant MMR.
so now what you really need is for your win rare to go up (while the competition gets fiercer.
My advice:
*Keep track of your win rate against each faction and each archetype
*when you lose, try to ask yourself why: sometimes it's something you can't change (bad draw, coin flip, facing an op deck, etc.) But many times it's something you can learn from: ''if only I had card X in my deck...'' ''if only I hadn't tried to two-round the guy''...
*Adjust to the meta: like it or not, if you want a high win rate, you need a deck that can counter the other decks you meet (that doesn't mean you have to netdeck, just that you have to take into account what you're most likely to encounter)
*Notice how sometimes it's not the meta deck, but that weird deck that catches you off guard and kicks your ass? Well, you can also be that person: tweak your deck using new ideas you come up with, or come across in your matches.

Most importantly: don't give up, and don't stop enjoying yourself. And know you are not alone.

And let us know when you make it :)

This post ^^^ needs certified platniumed and stickied for all new rank players

Very insightfull and just a nice post .

:cheers:

Top Bottom