GwentUp meta report; Northern Realms and Monsters lead the way

+
GwentUp meta report; Northern Realms and Monsters lead the way

https://gwentup.com/report/17/14

Nilfgaard has some pretty good cards and it's fallen to third place (assuming it was ever higher). Goes to show how good (a bit too much) NR is and how Monsters always seem to get on top, no pun intended.

Hah
HenryGrosmont;n9533391 said:
Monsters are right there with NR right now. Both, Dagon and Unseen are a good choice against them.

Aaand Scoia is...

Last edited:
Nowhere to be seen. I played a game against mulligan and still won with ease, using NG spies. Though it did seem like a decent-ish deck. Fun, at the very least.

This just goes to show what the current meta is about. High tempo and weather. Nilfgaard got some REALLY good bronze cards but they take a while to set up and don't have high tempo plays. So you easily end up 2 down if you want to win a round.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9543901 said:
Nowhere to be seen. I played a game against mulligan and still won with ease, using NG spies. Though it did seem like a decent-ish deck. Fun, at the very least.

This just goes to show what the current meta is about. High tempo and weather. Nilfgaard got some REALLY good bronze cards but they take a while to set up and don't have high tempo plays. So you easily end up 2 down if you want to win a round.

If you think that mulligan SC is best archetype in SC faction ( since you mention THIS archetype ) you cant be more wrong. All im gonna say is that certain SC deck is the Strongest Deck right now until people start tech'ing against it. And, no it's not movement weather. The only tough matchup is that MILL bullshit that should be eradicated.

Last edited:
I seem to see alot of Scoia Spell lately. And they have a good winrate. Even in ProLadder people managed to breach 1400 with them. The only faction that is pretty bad right now is Sk.

Monster were, are and probably will be the most popular. That's why nerfs don't affect them much. They always find a way.

I'm so shocked dagon is yet again at the top...

I think it's time to realize how weather is a problem in this game.

partci;n9545231 said:
NR - where you can get 50 PTS in 2 turns. Yup, nothing broken here.

how, exactly? unless you already have an established board or perfect RNG, in which case almost everyone can do it with the proper cards

nunqmuo;n9544141 said:
If you think that mulligan SC is best archetype in SC faction ( since you mention THIS archetype ) you cant be more wrong. All im gonna say is that certain SC deck is the Strongest Deck right now until people start tech'ing against it. And, no it's not movement weather. The only tough matchup is that MILL bullshit that should be eradicated.

then this deck must be super-secret, given how none of the ST leaders have a weak matchup against emyr, and the gold cards with a high win-rate are nothing unusual.

but i'm sure that secret deck who beats everyone is completely real...

RickMelethron;n9545581 said:
how, exactly? unless you already have an established board or perfect RNG, in which case almost everyone can do it with the proper cards

Shani into stennis into heavy cavalry (+commando), next turn john natalis into commander's horn or even sigi if you thinned enough. If you play sigi into another heavy cav and commander's horn that way over 60 points.
And no, it's not an extreme example, this happens most of the time.

Anyway, it was expected to have 2 factions dominate, last patch everybody played Dagon and King Bran and their popularity were over 30%. Now CDPR decided NR is good and all the sheep followed.

RickMelethron;n9545611 said:
then this deck must be super-secret, given how none of the ST leaders have a weak matchup against emyr, and the gold cards with a high win-rate are nothing unusual.

AAa...mm..like what? :thinking: Sorry but you speaking nonsense...

3 turns, sorry, did not calculated the Henselt play. And I am telling you first three turns of R1. It is preposterous.

I pulled 65 on two in the third which is attainable with little effort. 50 seems perfectly plausible.
RickMelethron;n9545611 said:

He's talking about spell deck. Still loses to NR and Monsters.

Raunbjorn

DMaster2;n9544781 said:
I'm so shocked dagon is yet again at the top...

I think it's time to realize how weather is a problem in this game.

But it's not the weather that is problematic in the dagon decks? If anything it's the sheer power in some of the cards not the weather. I just hope they don't nerf it to the ground. It's one of the more fun decks to play.

I never like to assume or think...or speak of (here) a faction being OP ...
But.
Northern Realms is the only Deck that I constantly loose too. Not just loose ..but 0 for 2 loose.
I have and can beat them.. but I feel like it's either player error or they get delt wrong.

Anyway ...

Hydrahead;n9546661 said:
But it's not the weather that is problematic in the dagon decks? If anything it's the sheer power in some of the cards not the weather. I just hope they don't nerf it to the ground. It's one of the more fun decks to play.
It's definitely the weather, because weather gains from long rounds. These days, round 1 is usually long, and if it's not, Dagon/Weather wins it and can save other weather cards for round 3. If you know that they are Dagon/Weather heavy, counter the weather, and you'll usually win.

But honestly, I don't find it OP. You can play around weather. There's a ton of cards right now that counter weather. Now... it sucks if you don't draw them. But that's RNG.

HenryGrosmont;n9546111 said:
He's talking about spell deck.
It's good to see someone not trying to be funny ( when they're not ) with a little bit of a toxic-ish flavor. Looking at Ricky...smh....smh...:sad:

Yep. Spell SC. That's exactly what i had in mind. From my experience it's the strongest deck right now. And by right now i mean until people start tech'ing against it. Havent seen a single Scorch from the beginning of this season. But even then it's do not completely shutdown the deck. 'Cause you can play around the "Multi-Units" Scorch thanks to the flexibility of the deck.

HenryGrosmont;n9546111 said:
Still loses to NR and Monsters.

I beg to differ. I've been playing Spell deck for the past 2 days ( i play for 2 daily rewards a day ) and i had 17 wins in a row. No jokes. ~4k mmr before you ask. Then i loose 2 games in a row ( feels bad to see a digit in loss graph after 17-0 rec. ) but it's somewhat irrelevant 'cause 1 of the losses was against mill retardness. And the second because of my "game-losing" misplay. Well, not a misplay per se. I just took a big risk and was punished for that.

Monsters is easy match-up. Like, really.

As for NR. There was a few very close games against Henselt Insane Tempo but still won 'em all by < 10 points.

NG is joke. Except Mill. But i dont even count it as a legit deck. It should be deleted from the game.

SK is the easiest match up.

There also was a match that i though i would lose. It was against Eithne Marauders. But since it was Eithne i thought it's gonna be a mirror so i mulliganed appropriately. And dry pass on him ( 'cause it's the only sane thing to do against spell mirror i you lose coinflip ) only to find out that it was marauders snow ball. He dry passed r2. And we had a very long r3 ahead of us. And i thought im about to be raped by his six 50+ marauders (snowball effect, this deck benefits from the long rounds) and the fact that i mulliganed wrong cards assuming it a mirror match. But won the game still.

That my experience atleast.

Good health to you.:cheers:

P.S. And no, i dont copied the db deck that suddenly became popular. I was playing SpellST in previous season to a great success. And in this season i only added 3 farseers and that's pretty much it.

P.P.S. Btw, a screenshot in case you dont believe me... :sad:

Last edited:
While I consider myself to be well above decent SC player, I find it quite matchup reliant. And when I play NR or punishing Dagon, I usually win against Spell.

Top Bottom