GwentUp meta report; Northern Realms and Monsters lead the way

+
HenryGrosmont;n9549011 said:
While I consider myself to be well above decent SC player, I find it quite matchup reliant. And when I play NR or punishing Dagon, I usually win against Spell.

Well. Everyone has their own experience. From what ive seen the only certain way to lose with SC Spell is to lose round 1 ( but you definitely wouldnt want to do it except for a few scenarios ) and over-commit in round 2 if experienced player instead of dry passing start milking you. That and if you hand is really awful but that never happen to me so far 'cause the deck is very flexible and you can fish for the cards you need. And of course im not saying that this deck is unbeatable. first of all because it's not the deck winning games it's the player ( atleast with this particular deck ) and second misplay is always a thing. Im just saying that it's a very strong deck.

Last edited:
Hydrahead;n9546661 said:
But it's not the weather that is problematic in the dagon decks? If anything it's the sheer power in some of the cards not the weather. I just hope they don't nerf it to the ground. It's one of the more fun decks to play.
It's exactly the weather that is problematic. Especially the gold one. It's a binary condition, you either can clear it or you lose.

DMaster2;n9549791 said:
It's exactly the weather that is problematic. Especially the gold one. It's a binary condition, you either can clear it or you lose.
Yup. If I see Dagon and I don't draw a weather clear or a card that can play around it in round 1, it's over. Sometimes I'll try and bait out round 1 to force card use, but Dagon has way too much weather for early round 1 baiting. 3 Frosts, Dagon himself, gold weathers, Caranthir, and White Frost all mean you need at least 2 weather clears or units that can play around weather in round 1.

It's not that weather is strong per se, it's that there really aren't enough counters to it. Dagon decks can pull 8 weathers relatively easily while adding strength to their own side of the board, and with Hounds you actually get the benefit of deck thinning, as well! Most factions are limited right now to just 6 weather counters, 3 of which are row-only clears.

Personally, I think all the Mages that cast 3 spells on deploy should have Clear Skies as a 4th option. Most are silver, but it would be nice to have that as an option just for very limited situations.

Last edited:
Last week I put in my decks 2 First Lights.
Gold weather problem completely solved.

Many guys are so naive as to begin round 1 with RNR, after you counter their Gold with a Bronze (and write the most fitting taunt) you start to see sweet ragequits.

(this time I do not write out of hate towards Gold weather, it's what I used myself. I remember using Ida to spawn a decoy fog, though)

Raunbjorn

DMaster2;n9549791 said:

I think I missunderstood you then. They way you wrote it I thought you meant the weather in Dagon decks lol. I don't mind playing against gold weather though spamming them feels a bit lame.

Raunbjorn

arubino99;n9550951 said:
Yup. If I see Dagon and I don't draw a weather clear or a card that can play around it in round 1, it's over. Sometimes I'll try and bait out round 1 to force card use, but Dagon has way too much weather for early round 1 baiting. 3 Frosts, Dagon himself, gold weathers, Caranthir, and White Frost all mean you need at least 2 weather clears or units that can play around weather in round 1.

It's not that weather is strong per se, it's that there really aren't enough counters to it. Dagon decks can pull 8 weathers relatively easily while adding strength to their own side of the board, and with Hounds you actually get the benefit of deck thinning, as well! Most factions are limited right now to just 6 weather counters, 3 of which are row-only clears.

Personally, I think all the Mages that cast 3 spells on deploy should have Clear Skies as a 4th option. Most are silver, but it would be nice to have that as an option just for very limited situations.

Why would you even run Caranthir and white frost in a Dagon deck? I've never seen one anyway. :O

Anyway just run Water Hag, Vanhemar or whatever in your deck and you'll be fine.

Wow i didnt think dagon would be top agian figured the dwarf deck would have the highest winrate that deck is really nice imo

HenryGrosmont;n9549011 said:
While I consider myself to be well above decent SC player, I find it quite matchup reliant. And when I play NR or punishing Dagon, I usually win against Spell.

Any tips for a ST newcomer on a decent deck? Only have Eithné as a leader and most cards required for a spell deck, so not much room for something extraordinary. Don't mind crafting a few cards, since ST will be my secondary faction, strong or not.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9554521 said:
Any tips for a ST newcomer on a decent deck? Only have Eithné as a leader and most cards required for a spell deck, so not much room for something extraordinary. Don't mind crafting a few cards, since ST will be my secondary faction, strong or not.
First recommendation is to do the Challenges to unlock all the leaders. Not only do you gain access to the other leaders, but you get a decent amount of ore for doing so.

I had all leaders, until I milled them. Only have NG and MO leaders, along with Eithné. So challenges are already done.

Sorry for being off-topic.

I mean is anyone surprised the already OP deck that didnt see ANY nerfs at allin the latest hotfix, while its competition did is running away with the lead here?

Its not rocket science CDPR. Dont adopt the Blizzard style of balance in just making each faction/class OP in turn and saying its good enough.

Last edited:
Snake_Foxhounder;n9554521 said:
Sure. PM me and we'll think of something.

:cheers:

Zjiin;n9555001 said:
I mean is anyone surprised the already OP deck that didnt see ANY nerfs at allin the latest hotfix, while its competition did is running away with the lead here?

Its not rocket science CDPR. Dont adopt the Blizzard style of balance in just making each faction/class OP in turn and saying its good enough.
It's because they fall for the endless crying and, instead of tweaking a card or two, they just go for overkill "just in case".

P.S. just dropped 200+ mmr with 2 new decks I made. Awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom