Do you hate certain decks so much you forfeit in straight away?

+
Do you hate certain decks so much you forfeit in straight away?

Today I manage to get enough mandatory cards to try Spellathael. In one match after I use Elven mercenary to call Alzur's thunder in first turn, my opponent forfeit straight away :O
Do many players really hate certain decks so much they will forfeit straight away? :O

Definitely have the urge to immediately quit when I see Emhyr and I know I can't beat mulligan, but usually let it play out to at least round 2.

Sometimes when I try to get to my Daily and I see Emhyr I just don't have the nerves.

Dont even forfeit anymore, just rarely bother even playing - Thats how attrocious the state of the games got. For the love of god CDPR, Hire new staff for the balance team already its SO pathetically obvious the current team are out of their depth.

Patches currently are like a small child with something on their plate that they dont want to eat. They push it around a little and pretend like they've eaten some but never actually do - Exactly the same as CDPR "patches". Never address the problems, just shift them around a little and move them elsewhere and say "Oh look we fixed it!"

Last edited:
I never forfeit but I hate Ng milf deck. It's more irritating that it takes forever to end all 3 rounds & I am surprise that no hot fix came for such cheese strategy :/

Dagon/Weather is the only deck I'll forfeit against if I don't have at least 2 clears or options against weather on the opening hand. It's simply over if you don't have 2. Even the worst hand with Dagon will have at least 3 weathers.

And it's not really weather damage that's the issue, it's simply the sheer amount of them that Dagon can play while either thinning or as an additional aside to a card.

arubino99;n9553571 said:
Dagon/Weather is the only deck I'll forfeit against if I don't have at least 2 clears or options against weather on the opening hand. It's simply over if you don't have 2. Even the worst hand with Dagon will have at least 3 weathers.

And it's not really weather damage that's the issue, it's simply the sheer amount of them that Dagon can play while either thinning or as an additional aside to a card.

Its why CDPR really just need to admit Weather simply doesnt work and remove it. Its NEVER been balanced. Just admit you cant balance it, it was a mistake and move on.

I didn't use to forfeit before latest patch. I am seeing TOO many Calveit spy decks recently and it's really irritating. No cleverness at all only copy-paste decks from famous pro players.

Zjiin;n9553631 said:
Its why CDPR really just need to admit Weather simply doesnt work and remove it. Its NEVER been balanced. Just admit you cant balance it, it was a mistake and move on.

at the moment, bronze weather is pretty balanced. in a time where the standard bronze is about 12 points of tempo, it will take 5-6 turns for them to get good value

gold weather is only a problem because of hailstorm; if your opponent has both, you either row stack and lose to hailstorm or spread and lose to gold weather
this happens, of course, because most people refuse to run weather clears (regardless of the meta being full of weather)

to be fair, weather clearing units are quite boring, and i dislike running them as well; but such is the nature of card games

RickMelethron;n9554371 said:
gold weather is only a problem because of hailstorm; if your opponent has both, you either row stack and lose to hailstorm or spread and lose to gold weather.

This seems to be an accurate description. It's either/or. Just played a game against a weather spammer. 2 gold weathers, one Vanhemar. He used frost on one row so I stacked my units there, hoping he doesn't have hailstorm. Good thing he didn't.

RickMelethron;n9554371 said:
this happens, of course, because most people refuse to run weather clears (regardless of the meta being full of weather)

to be fair, weather clearing units are quite boring, and i dislike running them as well; but such is the nature of card games

Problem is, weather clearing units are low tempo and only clear one row. First light is even worse. We're in a meta where tempo is everything.

The other issue is that weather clearing units have very little, if at all, synergy with their decks. So you clear a weather but still get outpaced or you don't and hope you can outpace the opponent.

EDIT:

Just to keep on topic; I don't think I've ever just quit at the very start, just be ause of the leader. I try first.

Zjiin;n9553631 said:
Card for card, weather is fine. Someone plays weather, you can play First Light. No issue.

The issue arises when someone can play a body + weather for free. Even if you clear it, you're still behind a card/points. The problem with most of the weather clear options is that they essentially get to be dead cards if your opponent isn't using weather. Nauzzica Standard Bearers are probably the best row-clear weather guys, because they give clear, 6 body, and 3 more points.

I would strongly advocate that all of the cards that have "cast 3 spells" (ie, Mages) come with a 4th option for Clear Skies. That would help shore some things up for sure.

I don't do instaforfeits. I always at least try to play.

If I have terrible cards at first round, I may pass and hope for better luck in next round. Or I play the first round and if it's obvious that I still don't have a chance, then I just give up and pass. But I always try.

If i play in casual experimenting with different ideas i only forfeit against Mill bs. Not gonna waste 30 minutes even if i'd win.

In ranked - no. But when i see Emhyr...i imagine how i meet this player in real life...feelsgood.

I despise and hate with a passion Mill deck and players who play Mill deck.

And i really dont understand the devs. Who in the sane mind can think that winning with as twice as much cards than your opponent have is fair? And instead of eradicating this crap from the game altogether, the devs actually made it much more viable with new Emhyr, alba spikeman and new card "magne division".

yes yes, it's not unbeatable. You can beat it with a certain decks but even then it's boring and way too long. Wasting of time.

Last edited:
Reveal decks, not because I hate them, it's a fun mechanic. But right now they're broken as all get out. One gold and you get like... I don't know, 25 points.

Top Bottom