Do you hate certain decks so much you forfeit in straight away?

+
As a rule, the only time I concede is when the game has been decided and any future cards I might play won't change the outcome.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I dont do, but i think i've faced some players who do, at least that's what i think - they see what leader im using and forfeit.

I find it particularly amusing when it's my Dagon Deck, they probably think it's a Weather deck when it's probably the most unpredictable deck i have, with cards rarely used - it's a Dragon deck, because... Dagon sounds like Dragon! (genius, i know)

:wisegirl:

I've done it a few times in the past when I've just wanted to get my dailies in casual, but kept running into Spell Scoia, swarm Dagon or that Cerys Discard from last patch. Never found it fun to play against those decks, so no real reason to play out the matches.

Never forfeited based on opponent's leader alone, as it's not a certain indication of the type of deck they're playing. Especially in casual.

TheShift;n9553391 said:
Never retreat
Never surrender

That would be a fine statement if the author would have at least a fair share of the probability to control the field of action. Which is not the case in Gwent, at least after the last patch. In vast majority of matches there is none to very very little room to outsmart the sheer force of dumb clicking. A match fate is almost solely decided by the RNG..whom is presented the better cards to click. Before last patch there were strategies for every hero to lure, to mislead or to squeeze the opponent. Now....from the very first cards one should now if makes any sense to continue or to forfeit.

no, im very confident in my Dagon deck. but if i have to play against that dang spy deck 5 times in a row on ranked again, i might just drop it. its literally all i see my opponents play...very annoying

Yeah. Clear Sky is a hard card to use at times. In ST it can give up to 9 point tempo as well as clear things, so you actually go plus after their weather. Still, clear sky right after a gold weather that is setup to deal 6 damage a turn would mean they get 6 point gain, trading a gold for a bronze. Not to shabby on your end I think.

That said, a lot my decks I can't run clear skies due to how much rally could potentially mess things up. Imagine Nilfgaard with Rally. Some cards you wanna keep due to their strategic value. While some other decks are hurt less by getting the "wrong" unit.

Exoclyps;n9557781 said:
Yeah. Clear Sky is a hard card to use at times. In ST it can give up to 9 point tempo as well as clear things, so you actually go plus after their weather. Still, clear sky right after a gold weather that is setup to deal 6 damage a turn would mean they get 6 point gain, trading a gold for a bronze. Not to shabby on your end I think.

That said, a lot my decks I can't run clear skies due to how much rally could potentially mess things up. Imagine Nilfgaard with Rally. Some cards you wanna keep due to their strategic value. While some other decks are hurt less by getting the "wrong" unit.

umm... yeah...
wait, what?

I never forfeit at the beginning of a match. I always try to win. I only forfeit round three if I am doomed to lose on points. But sometimes you never know. That last card in the opponents hand might be garbage R3, like a resilience, or Dshackles, or a tutor card when they have no more units in their deck.

How about Northern Realms that can spawn a bunch of themselves faster than you can lock them up, and with Radovid as their leader while they self boost as each new one is summoned. B.S.

Spellathael and Emry's milling are the diseases in gwent atm and the reason why i've just decided to stop playing all together until a new patch arrives.

I've even had to perform a roping treatment to one of these mill abusing "players" (if you can call them that). That poor bastard had to stand there for 25min to win the match while i was making my house chords. Not proud of it though but it was VERY satisfying. The 1st and only time i've ever done it.

And regarding the OP, i've never instaforfeit nor quit when i'm out of options. I find it insulting to the opponent just as i feel insulted while playing vs those 2 types of decks (Spellathael and Emry's milling).

Last edited:
TheRedWatcher;n9576801 said:
How about Northern Realms that can spawn a bunch of themselves faster than you can lock them up, and with Radovid as their leader while they self boost as each new one is summoned. B.S.

Are you saying this because you instantly forfeit when you see NR, or just because you want to point out how op this faction is from your point of view? If it is the latter, then this is the wrong thread for that.

Besides: NR doesn't "spawn" much besides Poor Infantry and Radovid has little to do with the ability to summon B.S. from the deck (you can play that in combination with any NR leader if you want to). Anyhow, this is not the thread for it.

devivre;n9577091 said:
Are you saying this because you instantly forfeit when you see NR, or just because you want to point out how op this faction is from your point of view? If it is the latter, then this is the wrong thread for that.

Besides: NR doesn't "spawn" much besides Poor Infantry and Radovid has little to do with the ability to summon B.S. from the deck (you can play that in combination with any NR leader if you want to). Anyhow, this is not the thread for it.

I always give them one round to see how bullshitty the NR deck is going to be, then I forfeit.

Never happened to me - I always fight eventhough I have 0,1% chances. :-D I've noticed that a lot of people are complaining on decks built from templates found on the net - I can understand forfeiting in this case.. It's really not a fair game. I've build my deck without any outside source or inspiration and it's totally worth it. If you win, you really know it is your doing (and your luck as Gwent is very often about luck) and your deck and not a strategy that someone else created for you.

VlkStinu;n9638101 said:
I've build my deck without any outside source or inspiration and it's totally worth it. If you win, you really know it is your doing (and your luck as Gwent is very often about luck) and your deck and not a strategy that someone else created for you.

I used to think like you, then I took an arrow...I means I saw refined version of "my deck" from internet.
I didn't watch gwent video before, I thought I build a deck by myself, in fact I'm just an arrogant idiot who just inspired by opponent who was inspired by youtuber.

VlkStinu;n9638101 said:
Never happened to me - I always fight eventhough I have 0,1% chances. :-D I've noticed that a lot of people are complaining on decks built from templates found on the net - I can understand forfeiting in this case.. It's really not a fair game. I've build my deck without any outside source or inspiration and it's totally worth it. If you win, you really know it is your doing (and your luck as Gwent is very often about luck) and your deck and not a strategy that someone else created for you.

Ildun;n9638631 said:
I used to think like you, then I took an arrow...I means I saw refined version of "my deck" from internet.
I didn't watch gwent video before, I thought I build a deck by myself, in fact I'm just an arrogant idiot who just inspired by opponent who was inspired by youtuber.

I feel you.. That's why I never want to see any refined decks. :-D Truth be told, I've been playing only friendly matches with my friends so far, so I haven't been beaten to a pulp in the ranked matches... Maybe then I would also have desire to see some refined decks. But damn, I will stay true to my own made up strategy, even if I will win only 1 match out of 10. :-D Or I will try to work out a better version of my deck. :)

In my experience of a few hundred games, an opponent has never forfeited quickly just because of my deck.

Top Bottom