Any hotfix soon?

+
Any hotfix soon?

I'd say monster atm is great but as pros descovering good decks of SK and SC, they are not that tough anymore as long as you know how to handle

but NR......damn those are annoying

I wouldn't even mind if the deck is overall just better, but the fact is you always see the same deck of NR when you encounter it, and the skill required with this deck is low, play a few rounds and you can at least climb to rank 18 with no difficulties. I deleted this deck in my builder because it's just not fun using it over and over again, and now with my limited card collection, the climbing is way much harder (and more fun, but I'd like to participate pro ladder in next season so I need to get to rank 20...)

We are still about two months until this season end i think...? We still have time before season ending, and it would be best if we can make the fix before GwentOpen (or even Gwent Slam), seeing how those pros can come up with good deck in a shorter time

If I remember correctly you have to reach rank 21 this season to enter Pro Ladder. Gwent Slam is this weekend, so there will probably no hotfix before.
I agree with you on the NR part. Only decks I faced on rank 18 in ranked yesterday were NR decks and a few Spellatells. It is getting a little bit boring even if you win. I switch to Casual and try out fun decks now :p

Guest 4021160

Are you actually impatient for the new hotfix or is it just clickbaity title?

Karolis.petrikas;n9566141 said:
Are you actually impatient for the new hotfix or is it just clickbaity title?

I actually want the hotfix....no fun against Nenneke Natalis Stannis Reinforcement over over over and all over again

Northern Realm is beyond ridiculous at this moment. 2/3 of all ranked matches after rank 16 are NR.
This shit needs to be fixed asap.

I still don;t get why CDPR can't relase hotfix like every 2 weeks and just nerf 2 or 3 cards to change what is too op slightly. They just like totally changing game and many cards at once every 3 month or so. Now they should just hotfix meginord, trololo and stennis. (maybe 1 or 2 more cards). So small changes and easy to implement yet it will make more fun for all of us playing still.

Kingoko;n9570411 said:
I still don;t get why CDPR can't relase hotfix like every 2 weeks and just nerf 2 or 3 cards to change what is too op slightly. They just like totally changing game and many cards at once every 3 month or so. Now they should just hotfix meginord, trololo and stennis. (maybe 1 or 2 more cards). So small changes and easy to implement yet it will make more fun for all of us playing still.

This.

Save the long wait for big patches with new cards.

Kingoko;n9570411 said:
They shouldn't hotfix anything that isn't outright broken. And by broken, I mean the mechanics stated on the card literally does not function. The main reason being that Season rank is now tied to existing cards. If you change anything major mid-season, there will be a portion of your players that got a large benefit, and a portion that will get a large loss. That's bad for retaining playerbase.

Also - it sounds like you've got issues with NR (and only NR). Trollololol is fine. He buffs by 2 ARMOR a round, and is a silver. There's many bronzes that buff by 2 power or even strength. Stennis is likewise fine. He grants armor, and again, there's Silvers that grant far more power or strength.

@arubino99 please, tell me of other (faction specific) Silver card that drops at 11 Body AND 4 Armor. Not to mention the insane value and synergy it can generate in interaction with 4 (four) other cards in one or (worse case) two turns. And that it just keeps generating insane value over time.

Last edited:
arubino99;n9570921 said:
[...]

Also - it sounds like you've got issues with NR (and only NR). Trollololol is fine. He buffs by 2 ARMOR a round, and is a silver. There's many bronzes that buff by 2 power or even strength. Stennis is likewise fine. He grants armor, and again, there's Silvers that grant far more power or strength.

The matter about NR isn't the mechanics. Too much numbers are too high at the moment. Stennis would be fine if he was doomed or granted less armor, like 3. Trololo would be fine if he had a lower base strength, like 8. Dun Banner Heavy Cavallery would be fine with 5 or 6 Base Strength.
The balance between utility and raw stats isn't really exsisting in armor NR, it feels. Thats the issue in my opinion. Also i saw a lot more Spellatel recently - not saying it's op, i just don't know by now how to compete with it, with the deck i use right now - generally there is not much room to play something with setup anymore, Trololo as an exception, it's just raw strength and strong Deploy effects.

arubino99;n9570921 said:

Are you serious dude? It's clear that you play NR now lol. one card can do 40 points swing, 2 cards in 3rd round can win everything. And you think its no OP? Show me at least one NR deck without trololo and stenis and shani and cavalry in it. Then we can start to talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kingoko;n9573521 said:
Are you serious dude? It's clear that you play NR now lol. one card can do 40 points swing, 2 cards in 3rd round can win everything. And you think its no OP? Show me at least one NR deck without trololo and stenis and shani and cavalry in it. Then we can start to talk.
There's lots of decks that aren't armor based. I fought 3 today, in fact. Went against a siege Henselt deck and lost terribly.
I've also been matched against Henselt swarm decks w/Infantry.
There's also Radovid control that doesn't utilize armor units at all.
Hell, I even ran into a Radovid weather deck, but it didn't work out so well for that one, since my Spell deck doesn't care if it's raining outside or not.

As for Shani, there's not many decent golds for NR. You don't really have a choice. It's going to be either Shani for a unit Res (whether you use the armor or not), or Gold Weather.

And for the record, I play mostly SC Spell with some NG Spies.

Kingoko;n9573521 said:
one card can do 40 points swing
Really? Show me that card. There's not one. There's setup to a 40 point swing, but you can prevent it, and you have ample opportunity to do so. I can play 25 pt Pirate Captains, and those are fine, right? How about 18 point Dol Blathana Protectors? I know for a fact I get tons of mileage out of DBP.

TV_JayArr;n9573351 said:
Stennis would be fine if he was doomed or granted less armor
I can agree with the Doomed tag, but many SK Silvers offer better without a Doomed tag. Stennis is a 3 power Silver, and Armor doesn't grant points - so Stennis really is only the POSSIBILITY of points. That's the thing with armor - it's only a possibility of points if your opponent tries to damage, or you have Calvary.

TV_JayArr;n9573351 said:
Trololo as an exception, it's just raw strength and strong Deploy effects.
See, I don't think Trollololol is that bad. He only buffs 2 armor, doesn't add points directly, and is a Silver. You've got bronzes in SC that come out at 8 and buff 2 a round. You've got bronzes in SK that buff 2 a round or more (and that's strength)! Spies buff ridiculously if you don't lock/kill Impera Brigades - and those can drop from the hand buffed if you've already played some spies. And all of those you can counter - just like Trollololol.

There's 3 units that I think are deserving of nerfs right now - and it's simply because there's zero ability to counter them until they are played.

Pirate Captain - You can't prevent someone from discarding. They drop from the hand massively buffed.
Dol Blathana Protector - I love these guys, but come on... you can't stop someone from playing a spell, and they get dropped in round 3 for an easy win. Bonus fun with Operator + Quen Sign.
Vrihedd Officer - You can't stop someone from Mulligan, and again - they drop from the hand at least 11 power. Mulligan is a huge benefit in it's own right.

arubino99
First of all, you quoted me out of context. My point about Trololo was this one:
TV_JayArr;n9573351 said:
[...]
Trololo would be fine if he had a lower base strength, like 8. [...]

And again; I just think there is too much potential for too less punishment. Thats what i meant with the imbalance of utility and raw stats. The NR setup gain is nearly unmatched, yet you are not punished if u don't get those setup(s) properly.
Secondly I don't agree with the following cards needing a nerf.

arubino99;n9574231 said:
There's 3 units that I think are deserving of nerfs right now - and it's simply because there's zero ability to counter them until they are played.

Pirate Captain - You can't prevent someone from discarding. They drop from the hand massively buffed.
Dol Blathana Protector - I love these guys, but come on... you can't stop someone from playing a spell, and they get dropped in round 3 for an easy win. Bonus fun with Operator + Quen Sign.
Vrihedd Officer - You can't stop someone from Mulligan, and again - they drop from the hand at least 11 power. Mulligan is a huge benefit in it's own right.

Vrihedd Officers got a huge nerf in the hotfix earlier this months. Yes they needed a nerf, but they are fine - probably 1 or 2 points too weak - right now.
Pirate Captains don't just drop for 25 points as you mentioned in the post prior to your last one. You need to play your skirmisher(s) first several times, or strengthen them with veterans, and so on. It's pretty slow and predictable. Additionally its boosted stats..... 4+21. And if you drop plenty of them in one round, you just dropped several huge units with the same power; Scorch-effects are grateful.

arubino99;n9574231 said:

Seriously? You think the current problems are cards in SK and SC? What patch are you playing?
​​​​​​
Look, I get playing a deck that's strong, or even OP. I understand for some people winning is more important than anything. What I don't get is playing such a deck and still complaining about other, way weaker cards...
I mean, don't you want even the smallest bit of challenge? wouldn't you enjoy occasionally having to think in order to win? do you really think you'll continue enjoying playing this game if the path it takes makes only your deck viable?

@arubino99

Nice you post an elobarate and long your point of vue. But you are totally wrong. What's the point of comparing trololo, stanis and other to other cards. Fine they are not OP. But in combination they are extremelly OP. If you keep 2 cards as finisher to third round you get easily 50 points from it. The all options you shoved likePirate captains or dol blathana or mulligan - you need to work ALL GAME to make it big. Look at NR you can play whatever round 1 or 2. No need only armor true. But you keep 2 cards for 3rd round and its like 95% win for you. Unless opponent got extremelly luck having special tech deck only countering NR (still counter deck not viable cause it lose vs anything else, can also lose vs NR 2-0).
The point is if you dont think NR is OP then why every1 play it in ranked? Tell me plz. And yea in pro ladder we got more decks cause many players got already 100 games with NR.

Top Bottom