Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Every Leader is Predictable

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

DRK3

Forum veteran
In my opinion, most leaders are predictable because players like pure archetypes and synergy (not to mention netdecking) more than catching your opponent by surprise. I got quite a few decks that although might not be the best, they're way more fun than the same ol' archetypes:

Emhyr - Spy? Mill? Nah, Resilience
Morvran - Reveal? Nah, Witcher (mixed with a bit of reveal i admit)
Calveit - Spy? Soldier? Nope, Deck Control (its not mill, it's checking your opponent's deck and messing with it)
Eredin - Weather? Wild Hunt? Relict
Dagon - Weather? Hybrid? Dragons, cuz why not?

Although i must admit my SK decks are pretty much the archetypes of self-damage, damage and discard...

DRK3;n9578901 said:
In my opinion, most leaders are predictable because players like pure archetypes and synergy (not to mention netdecking) more than catching your opponent by surprise. I got quite a few decks that although might not be the best, they're way more fun than the same ol' archetypes:

Emhyr - Spy? Mill? Nah, Resilience
Morvran - Reveal? Nah, Witcher (mixed with a bit of reveal i admit)
Calveit - Spy? Soldier? Nope, Deck Control (its not mill, it's checking your opponent's deck and messing with it)
Eredin - Weather? Wild Hunt? Relict
Dagon - Weather? Hybrid? Dragons, cuz why not?

Although i must admit my SK decks are pretty much the archetypes of self-damage, damage and discard...

i'm interested to know more about your calviet deck control please.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Cardzilla;n9583311 said:
i'm interested to know more about your calviet deck control please.

Sure. I call it 'Futurology', since the star of the deck is Xarthisius. I use Xarthisius as early as possible (Stefan Skellen to get him in case he's not initially in hand) to analyze the opponent's deck, count his golds and deduce what cards he has in hand - besides denying him the card i deem most dangerous. There are a few problems there, like if he has cards that shuffle his deck or let him get the card he wants, like Stefan Skellen, NR Reinforcements, Brouver Leader ability, etc.

Then i use The Guardian to mess the cards he gets, the soldiers that let you see the opponent's deck upcoming 3 bronzes and boost by its base strength, and if needed, a vicovaro medic to steal any key bronze.

At the end of the match, when there are few cards left in the deck, i use Gaunter O'Dimm since by then i have a good idea of what's left there.

I've actually seen a couple of different King Bran builds. I recall one that the only real graveyard interaction was the 4 power guys that come back when discarded. The deck was built as an axeman damage deck and he used King Bran with the 3 Clan An Craite Raider guys as a round finisher and deck thinner. Worked fairly well at the time. I played one where the deck was built around abusing the interaction from Clan Dimun Pirate Captain (gains power based upon highest bronze discarded during round) and Clan Tuirseach Skirmishers (gains 3 power when leaving graveyard). His game plan was focused on pumping the skirmisher as much as possible and then round 3 bringing it back to hand with Restore and then discarding it. This was after making a 4th one with the nuetral silver card. So he had 4 Pirate Captains with 31 power each. One scorch blows the whole plan apart, but I didn't have one in the deck I was playing and was certainly surprised by the deck despite the leader. So while yes, when I see a leader, I generally know what to expect based on the meta, there is always room for surprises and creativity for each leader.

Top Bottom