Mahakam Ale Fest: Tactic for the last battle (SPOILER)

+
Mahakam Ale Fest: Tactic for the last battle (SPOILER)

Round 1 - Skip
Round 2 - Sacrifice a potion, and kill that she something, keep boosting your 2 resilience units
Round 3 - Easy win

Btw, I really can't figure out how I won the bard battle( sometime I lose even with 10 powers ), that is the worst match :(

hey Ildun, in the bard battle, to win, you have to get 4 golden cards (after dandelion promote them) in the 2° row, that's the rule of the match.

Anyway, in the last battle in expert mode, i used an other tactic, because i wouldn't never think that the ai could use the comsume-machine card (you know what i'm talking about) without one of your unit on the board, wasting is deploy ability :facepalm:

so, my tactic to win is:
R1 - put mahakam defender on the board, ai puts is leader on the board. then use the mahakam guard let your opponent to consume it, then pass.
R2 - fight to win absolutly this round, play you leader as soon as possible, use cards with low power to absorb the consuming ability (don't strenghten them), and strenghten cards like an craite warriors. i won this round with 109 points vs 98 points. if u get to resurrect the mahakam defender, and strenghten it, you will have an easy R3. every card in this round is important.
R3 - use the sorceress. at this point, i was able to resurrect a 26 power an craite warrior, and get my leader to 27-28 power. with the mahakam defender, i ended this round with something around 75 points, and an "easy" win.

anyway, i think this is probably one of the most unfair battle i played in a card game. poor card choices, only a gold card, bad silver cards, and your opponent has 2 or 3 golden cards (one of them really OP), and lots of aggressive cards. without the possibility to mulligan cards, lots of you will have a bad time.

Ildun;n9617401 said:
Round 1 - Skip Round 2 - Sacrifice a potion, and kill that she something, keep boosting your 2 resilience units Round 3 - Easy win
Spuddu;n9618661 said:
Anyway, in the last battle in expert mode, i used an other tactic, because i wouldn't never think that the ai could use the comsume-machine card (you know what i'm talking about) without one of your unit on the board, wasting is deploy ability

Well, AI definitely didn't play that card on empty board in my games. I tried to skip the first round and delay with potions. But AI just delayed that card until I was forced to play units.

So my winning tactic was something like this:
Round 1: Potion, potion, AI skips, play leader and buff it with minimum amount of cards needed to win the round.
Round 2: Start to panic, click everything that moves, buff your leader as much as possible, use medic as small value consume food, play your last resilient unit at the very last moment and keep checking the consume card's timer. When third round starts, opponent consumes it instead of your leader. Don't even try to win this round, just try to get your opponent to waste as many cards as possible.
Round 3: Feed your last medic to consume card, resurrect something big, play everything that you have in hand, possibly keep buffing your leader and hope for the best.

Not 100% guaranteed to win, but at least for me it was possible to win with this.

Last edited:
Sunsibar;n9622111 said:
Well, AI definitely didn't play that card on empty board in my games. I tried to skip the first round and delay with potions. But AI just delayed that card until I was forced to play units.

Weird...i tried many rounds and thought I confirmed it's pattern. In my games, the first 2 cards which AI always play no matter what circumstances are Trololo -> consume monster.

Ildun;n9622741 said:
Weird...i tried many rounds and thought I confirmed it's pattern. In my games, the first 2 cards which AI always play no matter what circumstances are Trololo -> consume monster.

Before I realized to start delaying at the beginning, this was also the case in my games. But as soon as I started delaying my units, AI also started delaying consume. Maybe I had some "extra hard" bug in my games :D

I can't beat BOTB in expert mode. Don't have enough cards. I cheated on youtube. This was after about 15 attempts haha

Last edited:
Yeah, the answer is to abuse timers and pay attention to enemy leader's card's description. It's quite detailed for a reason xD

Yeah, the answer is to abuse timers and pay attention to enemy leader's card's description. It's quite detailed for a reason xD

Exactly. Pay very close attention to the enemy leader card.

For those who want to find out, the answer is below, in spoiler tags:

"Play Priscilla in your first turn to stall, then move one of your festgoers to the ranged row. Then move the other one. Then play Priscilla and move an enemy festgoer from the enemy's melee row to your ranged. then play the card that moves a festgoer to the opposing melee row and choose the remaining enemy festgoer on the melee row. Then Draig is going to grab that from your melee row and put it to his with his ability. Play Priscilla again and grab it from there. 4 cards, and you won :) "

ser2440;n9626311 said:
Exactly. Pay very close attention to the enemy leader card.

For those who want to find out, the answer is below, in spoiler tags:

"Play Priscilla in your first turn to stall, then move one of your festgoers to the ranged row. Then move the other one. Then play Priscilla and move an enemy festgoer from the enemy's melee row to your ranged. then play the card that moves a festgoer to the opposing melee row and choose the remaining enemy festgoer on the melee row. Then Draig is going to grab that from your melee row and put it to his with his ability. Play Priscilla again and grab it from there. 4 cards, and you won :) "

Wait, Iast phase Priscilla still on the board, she need 2 turns to go back right?

Wait, Iast phase Priscilla still on the board, she need 2 turns to go back right?

With the last time you play Priscilla, you are going to grab the 4th festgoer that you need. You don't need her to return again.

Spuddu;n9618661 said:
hey Ildun, in the bard battle, to win, you have to get 4 golden cards (after dandelion promote them) in the 2° row, that's the rule of the match.

Anyway, in the last battle in expert mode, i used an other tactic, because i wouldn't never think that the ai could use the comsume-machine card (you know what i'm talking about) without one of your unit on the board, wasting is deploy ability :facepalm:

so, my tactic to win is:
R1 - put mahakam defender on the board, ai puts is leader on the board. then use the mahakam guard let your opponent to consume it, then pass.
R2 - fight to win absolutly this round, play you leader as soon as possible, use cards with low power to absorb the consuming ability (don't strenghten them), and strenghten cards like an craite warriors. i won this round with 109 points vs 98 points. if u get to resurrect the mahakam defender, and strenghten it, you will have an easy R3. every card in this round is important.
R3 - use the sorceress. at this point, i was able to resurrect a 26 power an craite warrior, and get my leader to 27-28 power. with the mahakam defender, i ended this round with something around 75 points, and an "easy" win.

anyway, i think this is probably one of the most unfair battle i played in a card game. poor card choices, only a gold card, bad silver cards, and your opponent has 2 or 3 golden cards (one of them really OP), and lots of aggressive cards. without the possibility to mulligan cards, lots of you will have a bad time.

I did what OP said, and works:
Round 1 - just pass
Round 2 - use a potion in two crones, bosting them (but only in two, if used in three the AI passes)
- AI play the she troll that consumes, but I had nothing on board, so, next move I used the dwarven skirmisher to kill it. From there, it was easy
Round 3 - nothing too problematic, the carryovers from round 2 did a very good job

His/her post saved my day :)

Last edited:
I used a different tactic for the last challenge.

Round 1 play BOTH thunderbolt potions. This means that the second one boosts the enemy leader. The AI will then pass at this point thinking it's won the round. Play 3 cards to get yourself above the 23 points they have at this point.

Round 2 skip immediately. AI deploys crones and wins the round.

Round 3 AI plays their consume unit - Kill it immediately. Then just play normally since the trolls have used their best cards already.

Top Bottom