x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GwentUp Meta Report 30 Sep. - 06 Oct.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astaroth0803 View Post
    People often complain about the rock-paper-scissors relationship between decks, but it seems it's the only way to keep the meta relatively healthy. Once you have a deck that is as flexible as the current Bran (strong in a long round, strong in a short round with insane carryovers), we end up in a situation like this.
    It quickly become a Rock rock rock game. I remember in previous patch it once happened as well, variations of skellige wiping out every other faction, featuring savage bear, shield maiden,axeman and Coral, Ceryes, Morkvag. etc

Originally posted by SrdjanB View Post
    If Restore remained tied to the 3-4 clans like it was used to there would be no problems. It is an easy fix, and it would still see play, people like having 2th silver ress.
    Not only restore but also Freya and Sigdrifa should subject to such change, and it suppose to be reviving non mechanical units. The current revive mechanic actually denies any first 4 or 5 removal against skellige while skellige units are immune to reset already, making skellige the ultimate faction denies every control except graveyard hate(also debatable since skellige no longer rely on strengthening graveyard) . On this basis anything from good to decent will guaranteed to be (or will be) abused by skellige even restore is nerfed (like sigdrifa + decoy + Dorregary can basically replicate the effect of current combo, it don't even need 10 power to be good).

And let's not let Craite fly under the rader, Craite also have high winrate against all leader except bran. If we simply nerf restore Craite will take the place since the same logic skellige has been the top tier as usual. I do honestly think skellige should be nerfed from head to toe just like what they did to northern realm armor and mulligan ST.
    Last edited by ResoundingBuahaha; 10-10-17, 03:44.

Comment

@ResoundingBuahaha

Great points. It is really weird how Nenneke was (fairly) nerfed to only units, but yet SK can resurrect limping, blind and crippled and their mother.

They also have a nice tool against Graveyard hate in the face of Donnar, who, I still think needs a point or two nerf in his strength.

Comment

Originally posted by partci View Post
        @ResoundingBuahaha

Great points. It is really weird how Nenneke was (fairly) nerfed to only units, but yet SK can resurrect limping, blind and crippled and their mother.
        Yep, that's always been a problem. Give SK a good bronze card and it instantly becomes an issue (pre-nerf axemen, savage bear, etc.) simply because they can use it up to 9 times in a single game (3 base cards + Freya x3 + Operator + Sig + Restore) with more res cards most likely coming in the future. Resurrecting should be restricted in some way (like someone suggested, restricting it to units with a "clan" tag doesn't seem like a bad idea) and maybe then we wouldn't have 3x Freya as an auto include in every single SK deck.

Comment

We had a pretty varied meta up until this crap came along. When I say varied, I mean compared to previos patches. Sure, Dagon was still on top but Nilfgaard was showing up and Scoia'tael was looking decent(after the Spell nerf). The only faction that didn't see much play was Skellige. While it was a nice respite from the meta where they were completely broken, I wanted Skellige to be somewhat decent-ish. But this is ridiculous.

I watched a few random streams yesterday and 90% of games were against Bran. It kind of killed my desire to play the game, so I haven't touched it in a few days.

Again, I don't want Skellige to be nerfed to the ground. I don't want resurrections, a feature only Skellige has (for the most part) to be removed. We should be adding more features, not removing them. But they really have to look at this thing. Skellige units don't get buffed, they get strengthened. Reset, removal and locking do absolutelu nothing to Skellige. I say have locked units in the graveyard stay locked until unlocked by a card. Make resurrects unable to remove locks.

Comment

Originally posted by partci View Post
            @ResoundingBuahaha

They also have a nice tool against Graveyard hate in the face of Donnar, who, I still think needs a point or two nerf in his strength.
            Don't forget that CDPR felt that Skellige didn't get enough love and plan to buff that faction in the upcoming patch... hehehe.
            Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryGrosmont View Post
              Don't forget that CDPR felt that Skellige didn't get enough love and plan to buff that faction in the upcoming patch... hehehe.
              They already kinda did so, it didn't take a week to nerf mulligan and only a month to nerf armor, and skellige patch usually lasts longer than 1 month and the following patch after nerf, surprisingly more or less also favors skellige

When the nerf hit the ground a lot people called it fair or reasonable nerf, and armor & mulligan are wiped out since the nerf. How is that reasonable? Assume they are right lets reasonably nerf skellige
              Last edited by ResoundingBuahaha; 11-10-17, 01:15.

Comment

Originally posted by ResoundingBuahaha View Post

They already kinda did so, it didn't take a week to nerf mulligan and only a month to nerf armor, and skellige patch usually lasts longer than 1 month and the following patch after nerf, surprisingly more or less also favors skellige

When the nerf hit the ground a lot people called it fair or reasonable nerf, and armor & mulligan are wiped out since the nerf. How is that reasonable? Assume they are right lets reasonably nerf skellige
                They still said that Skellige will get buffed in the next patch. Plus an additional card over other factions.

I've said it again and again: as long as Skellige has the base strength buffs and that many res options, any reasonable balance in this game will be very hard to achieve. For example, it took only one card change to completely transform the current ladder.

I also don't understand the policy of buffing one side while simultaneously nerfing to the ground the other. Even at the moment, a few not too drastic changes would've improved the situation.

P.S. Don't bring ST into "nerf and fair" conversation, my friend. That was never the case. Started as very unique faction, it has been gradually transformed into another generic one. To the point where Spell is considered to be a real deck.
                Last edited by HenryGrosmont; 11-10-17, 02:37.

Comment

P.S. Don't bring ST into "nerf and fair" conversation, my friend. That was never the case. Started as very unique faction, it has been gradually transformed into another generic one. To the point where Spell is considered to be a real deck.
                  I think that was Resoundingbuahaha's point: that the nerf to SC and to NR came extremely quickly (compared to how long it takes to fix an OP SK deck) and that IF those nerfs were considered 'fair' (which would bring the question: is it fair that the decks gave pretty much vanished?) then it follows that the current SK should be nerfed as well, and not 'get more love' come the next patch
                  ( ResoundingBuahaha - if I misunderstood you, I apologise. Also, as always, I disagree with you on the NR part )
                  I lose a great deal of my charm when one gets to know me better
                  Geralt of Rivia

Comment

Originally posted by ArianeGrosmont View Post

I think that was Resoundingbuahaha's point: that the nerf to SC and to NR came extremely quickly (compared to how long it takes to fix an OP SK deck) and that IF those nerfs were considered 'fair' (which would bring the question: is it fair that the decks gave pretty much vanished?) then it follows that the current SK should be nerfed as well, and not 'get more love' come the next patch
                    ( ResoundingBuahaha - if I misunderstood you, I apologise. Also, as always, I disagree with you on the NR part )
                    And that's why I twice mentioned, this is the third time, that CDPR will give more love to Skellige. So... if I were you people, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

And that's why I twice mentioned, this is the third time, that CDPR will give more love to Skellige. So... if I were you people, I wouldn't hold my breath.
                      ''you people''??? what do you mean by that: us 'dwarves'?
                      Geralt of Rivia

Comment

Originally posted by Snake_Foxhounder View Post
                        The problem is that bronze/silver card removal is useless for the most part. Skellige has access to 4 resurrect cards as a standard. Add to it decoys and possibly an operator and you can spend the entire game destroying and locking units, only for them to come back with one out of, at least, four cards.

Most of their cards don't boost but strengthen their units, makin resets useless. Picture this. Use Draig Bon-Dhu strengthening Queensgard. Decoy him and playing him again. Then, depending on the situation, use him again by resurrecting him with Sigrdrifa. Then use Restore on her to resurrect DBD again. That's an INCREDIBLE play you simply can't interact with. Locks don't do anything as locked cards can simply be resurrected by a simple bronze card.

You can reset farseers, spotters and whatever else gets boosted. Skellige is unique in that most of their support units don't boost allies but strengthen them, making removals and damage, in hopes of removing important cards, next to useless.
                        This obviously isn't true. You can interact with your opponent's graveyard, thus denying them the ability to resurrect their units. NG can straight up steal units from an opponent's graveyard turning their strongest units against their owner. And you can always interact with an opponent's units while they are on the battlefield.

Comment

I disagree with you on the NR part
                          Does that mean you agree with my point on the revive mechanic? (You actually make me worry about my grammar. Is my grammar that misleading or confusing? D:

CDPR will give more love to Skellige
                          I think, since OB, we have enough evidence that Skellige may receive more love than other factions, and, if other factions accidentally get more love, they will surely be nerfed to the ground in less than a month.
                          Last edited by SigilFey; 16-10-17, 15:10. Reason: Edited for grammar, punctuation, and general syntactic expression. :p

Comment

Does that mean you agree my point on revive mechanic? (you actually make me worry about my grammar...is my grammar that misleading or confusing? D:
                            I think your point came across just fine, and yeah, I think limiting revive in the way you suggested might be just what we need.
                            Geralt of Rivia

Comment

''you people''??? what do you mean by that: us 'dwarves'?
                              Did I write your people? But if you insist...

Does that mean you agree my point on revive mechanic? (you actually make me worry about my grammar...is my grammar that misleading or confusing? D:
                              Don't worry about that...I'll tell you a secret, she's completely biased against NR.

I think since OB we have enough evidence on skellige having and will have more love than other faction, and if other faction accidentally get more love they sure will be nerf to ground in less than a month
                              Oh, absolutely. I just don't get however, why they have the need to trash other factions on the way.
                              Originally posted by Lornick77 View Post

This obviously isn't true. You can interact with your opponent's graveyard, thus denying them the ability to resurrect their units. NG can straight up steal units from an opponent's graveyard turning their strongest units against their owner. And you can always interact with an opponent's units while they are on the battlefield.
                              Is it though? What interaction with other graveyard Scoia'tael or NR have? One spell for both? Ok.
                              Last edited by HenryGrosmont; 12-10-17, 11:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Lornick77 View Post

So basically, you're forced to run 3 medics, which are incredibly low tempo, in order to try and disrupt their play. All the while sacrificing bronze slots for weak cards in a meta that's all about high tempo. And then you steal, at best, 3 of their cards and in most cases just 1 Queensguard as they resurrect them as soon as you steal one. That leaves them with 2 QG, bunch of other streangthened units and at least 3 resurrects to bring them back. Sorry, but that's not a good design.

And you can absolutely interact with skellige cards while they're on the board. Too bad that removing them from the board is next to useless as they're just brought back with one bronze card. Best part? They still have 2-3 resurrects after that. It removes tactical play as the only goal against Skellige is to hit random cards and get their numbers down, as opposed to other factions where you have to think about which cards to target because once they're removed, they're gone.

And then there's restore and spamming 3 Ekimmaras with ease.

Just because you like Skellige doesn't mean you have to be ok with some imbalanced stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X