x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

  • Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GwentUp Meta Report 30 Sep. - 06 Oct.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Lornick77 View Post

    This obviously isn't true. You can interact with your opponent's graveyard, thus denying them the ability to resurrect their units. NG can straight up steal units from an opponent's graveyard turning their strongest units against their owner. And you can always interact with an opponent's units while they are on the battlefield.
    It not every removal, but the first 3 or 4 removal. Picture zapping a savage bear (or longship, lightship, greatsword, any tempo or win condition) in early game, how many zap does it take to fully kill the unit? graveyard hate does not work in the same turn you destroy the unit while skellige can pull it back out instantly so interacting with opponent graveyard is always one step behind your opponent. So unless going first in round 2 or 3 it's kinda difficult to interrupt key card with graveyard hate (even that happens it means losing card advantage and when skellige got last play it's usually not a good news for other faction)


    Originally posted by HenryGrosmont View Post
    she's completely biased against NR
    LOL can't judge her on that. I hate skellige so much, of course I am biased

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Snake_Foxhounder View Post
      Just because you like Skellige doesn't mean you have to be ok with some imbalanced stuff.
      This is actually quite a big problem with proper balancing - fanboyism.
      Originally posted by ResoundingBuahaha View Post
      LOL can't judge her on that. I hate skellige so much, of course I am biased
      I play every faction and like them all. Given, Scoia always has been my favorite, but to say that I'm biased against any other faction... no, just trying to be objective. You don't have to hate/dislike something to see its flaws. And if you allow me to go further, hate has rarely produced anything positive. If ever...


      Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by HenryGrosmont View Post

        I play every faction and like them all. Given, Scoia always has been my favorite, but to say that I'm biased against any other faction... no, just trying to be objective. You don't have to hate/dislike something to see its flaws. And if you allow me to go further, hate has rarely produced anything positive. If ever...

        Cheers lol I hate because it's been way to often skellige and monster dominating the ladder The direct problem is game become boring very quickly once it settle with such dominant and little to none variant meta (Dagon is actually fine in diversity, I stopped ladder this patch just like last Bran & Dagon meta until there is a hotfix or next patch. playing against such meta is like a punishment

        What make me kinda disappointed is how people react to skellige dominance. Every patch we have people say skellige being the most underpowered faction up until this meta report.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by ResoundingBuahaha View Post
          What make me kinda disappointed is how people react to skellige dominance. Every patch we have people say skellige being the most underpowered faction up until this meta report.
          Hahaha. That's what I first posted here: the Skellige fanboys always show up at the start of every season no matter what. And Skellige always winds up at the top, yet the crying never stops.

          To clarify, I'm talking about a specific type of players, not Skellige players in general. It's just those are the most vocal and easily spotted. NG fanboys are the second worst, albeit they might have a case :P

          But back to the topic, the innumerable res plus base value buffs are the problem with Skellige. Haven't thought about the solution yet because I think it might require a bit of a rework of the faction.
          Last edited by HenryGrosmont; 12-10-17, 19:45.
          Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

          Comment


          • #50
            And 2nd week of Bran dominant, new meta report, same story.

            https://gwentup.com/report/17/18

            Still no hotfix so I fear it is true skellige is getting some real strange love.

            Comment


            • #51
              Just wait until the patch, when they get more cards.

              Comment


              • #52
                Man, he's still at the top... even with my desperate tries with Kambi to drag him down...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by ResoundingBuahaha View Post
                  And 2nd week of Bran dominant, new meta report, same story.

                  https://gwentup.com/report/17/18

                  Still no hotfix so I fear it is true skellige is getting some real strange love.
                  I'd rather have CDPR not rush any "fixes". Better to look at the situation more carefully.
                  Originally posted by Snake_Foxhounder View Post
                  Just wait until the patch, when they get more cards.
                  As long as existing problems remain, new cards won't change a lot.
                  Originally posted by partci View Post
                  Man, he's still at the top... even with my desperate tries with Kambi to drag him down...
                  They're going to make Kambi similar to Witcher 3 and you'll see Bran into Morkvarg, Olgierd and Cerys. Topping that with Kambi... Round 2, 20 point carryover.
                  Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by ResoundingBuahaha View Post
                    And 2nd week of Bran dominant, new meta report, same story.

                    https://gwentup.com/report/17/18

                    Still no hotfix so I fear it is true skellige is getting some real strange love.
                    I don't expect significant changes before the end of the season. From my point of view especially because of the eSports aspect of Gwent it would not seem fair to change the game too often during the season. And at this point it makes more sense to me to focus on the next season and prepare the next huge update.

                    Given how much the game has changed with every start of a new season, it's hard to predict how SK will be doing next season - no matter how many cards they'll get. I'm definitely looking forward to the next season and am curious were it will take us.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      HenryGrosmont

                      What I meant with that is that it'll be even worse. Restore will get changed but that still leaves the faction immune to removal and reset. If they get more cards that get strengthened and, God forbid, more resurrects, expect 2 more months of nothing but Skellige and Dagon.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Snake_Foxhounder View Post
                        HenryGrosmont

                        What I meant with that is that it'll be even worse. Restore will get changed but that still leaves the faction immune to removal and reset. If they get more cards that get strengthened and, God forbid, more resurrects, expect 2 more months of nothing but Skellige and Dagon.
                        This would make me puke just thinking of it, Why always skellige?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Snake_Foxhounder View Post
                          Skellige is crawling back on top. Can't say I like that. Skellige is a faction you can't interact much with. They strengthen their units and can easily revive them, so most of your actions mean very little when that Freya comes down. With restore, they're even better. Quite frankly, I have no idea what can be done with Skellige. They're not this super OP faction but it's not interactive. Removing their graveyard resurrections would just destroy something unique about Skellige and I don't want that. But some tweaks need to be made. They're getting new cards next patch so Skellige will only get better.
                          Skellige crawling back on top? King Bran at most.
                          Above 4000+ good old Harald is played 1.1 % and Crach 1.8% (7-13 october report). Their win rates are also not particularly impressive.

                          So I don't agree with the conclusion of a dominante Sk meta, but I would be more specific in saying that Bran... well has a slight edge over other decks. 55% win rate at those levels, where skills should matter: it means that if I play 10 game, I'm likely to win 5 and lose 5 game, or win 6 and lose 4?
                          Overall seems pretty balanced to me.

                          Some cards that belong to King Bran poweful archetype (Restore, Dorregaray) are above average, others that belong to Harald and Crach archetype are quite below average.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by sfruzz View Post
                            55% win rate at those levels, where skills should matter: it means that if I play 10 game, I'm likely to win 5 and lose 5 game, or win 6 and lose 4? Overall seems pretty balanced to me.
                            On a global scale, a 55% winrate for a deck is dominant, even more so when you consider it has above 50% winrate against every other leader except Eithne and Brouver (according to the most recent report) meaning it virtually doesn't have a direct counter. The popularity of the deck is even more concerning. 23% popularity with such high winrate means that the deck is easy to pilot and doesn't require as much skill to be successful with as other decks.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Snake_Foxhounder View Post
                              HenryGrosmont

                              What I meant with that is that it'll be even worse. Restore will get changed but that still leaves the faction immune to removal and reset. If they get more cards that get strengthened and, God forbid, more resurrects, expect 2 more months of nothing but Skellige and Dagon.
                              Yeah, I figured that was the case after I posted my answer. As usual, Skellige will be top tier and we'll still get more cries for its buff. Some things never change
                              Originally posted by sfruzz View Post
                              So I don't agree with the conclusion of a dominante Sk meta, but I would be more specific in saying that Bran...
                              Is Bran from Nilfgaard? Not to be rude but it seems that you do not completely understand what does 55% global winrate mean. For example, in any business, if you hold 55 percent of the global market, you're dwarfing every other competition.
                              Last edited by HenryGrosmont; 16-10-17, 00:04.
                              Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Astaroth0803 View Post
                                On a global scale, a 55% winrate for a deck is dominant, even more so when you consider it has above 50% winrate against every other leader except Eithne and Brouver (according to the most recent report) meaning it virtually doesn't have a direct counter. The popularity of the deck is even more concerning. 23% popularity with such high winrate means that the deck is easy to pilot and doesn't require as much skill to be successful with as other decks.
                                55% is not something unheard-of and if you go through all the meta reports, you'll see that some faction where above 30% in popularity at some point. However, I see your point, in worrying about Bran not having a proper counter.

                                What I would like to see is some nerf to cards that make Bran decks strong, but at the same time some buff to Craith and Harald cards pool. I feel that cards that belong to the Self-Wound archetype are quite underwhelming.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X