Struggling to reach rank 20

+
Struggling to reach rank 20

I use my reveal deck help myself climb from 11 to 16, however man this is getting intense...
When will season 2 end? I'd like to reach 20 and enter pro ladder next season

Lyserus;n9678711 said:
I use my reveal deck help myself climb from 11 to 16, however man this is getting intense...
When will season 2 end? I'd like to reach 20 and enter pro ladder next season

For the Pro Ladder you must reach rank 21.

Lyserus;n9678711 said:
[...]
When will season 2 end?
[...]

As far as I know, at least the pro ladder season will end at 31th of october.
Rafal_Jaki;n9610031 said:
[...]
1. Organize an online qualifier for the top 200 players of the current Pro Ladder season (ending October 31st) who haven’t yet qualified for the upcoming Challenger?
[...]

Quick follow up question (I'm sadly not allowed to start my own topic yet):

I started playing 2 weeks ago, and I'm now at rank 15. If I win a game I get 40-50 points and if I lose I only drop about 10 points.

At what ELO do the points lost and points gained start to be around the same amount? As it stands now, even with a 30% win-rate I'd still be climbing :eek:

I'm not sure if only rank 21 players will qualify for pro ladder. Worst 10% will demoted plus players that play less than 10 matches. If rank 21 players aren't enough to have resonable amount of pro ladder players, then other ranking players can get qualified.
If there aren't at least 10000 players, match queuing problems will happen. Even 10000 players can be a low number...

If I already have access to ProLadder, do I need to push for rank21 (LUL only top 150 players reached rank 21) this month to have PL access in november?
Grinding constructed ranked games is boring AF, i sit at rank 19 and dont want grind. PL is much more fun with much decks diversity...
I hope arena mod will be introduced soon. Netdeckers killed all fun, just same decks all the time is BORING

ZenaRose;n9679321 said:
Grinding constructed ranked games is boring AF, i sit at rank 19 and dont want grind. PL is much more fun with much decks diversity...
I hope arena mod will be introduced soon. Netdeckers killed all fun, just same decks all the time is BORING

That's why MMR on normal ranking should be acquired like pro ladder, to avoid playing frequently against same decks...

inacion;n9679371 said:
That's why MMR on normal ranking should be acquired like pro ladder, to avoid playing frequently against same decks...

And what if I don't want to play anything else but NG? I already have 3 different stable decks and 1-2 experimental (all handmade, netdecking is boring), but other factions just don't inspire me to play them.

xandrmoro;n9680341 said:
And what if I don't want to play anything else but NG? I already have 3 different stable decks and 1-2 experimental (all handmade, netdecking is boring), but other factions just don't inspire me to play them.
It's a good point. MMR bonus could be the solution. If you play always the same faction you don't have bonus. If you have ranked wins splited over several factions, then you get a MMR bonus.
For example you play 30 ranked matches with NR, 25 with NG and 20 with monsters, but you haven't played any match with Scoia'Tael. If you play Scoia'Tael you have bonus, in case of defeat you lose less MMR, -5% for example, but in case of victory you earn more 5% MMR.

Theodrik;n9680611 said:
inacion Picking up someone else's ideas without quoting or referencing the original is often seen as unethical. Here's the link to what I suggested a while ago and a bit more detailed, if anyone gets interested in what inacion said above: Bonus Ranking System.
I'm just giving an opinion as many others users. I'm not here to steal ideias or something. I'm just a gwent player

Last edited:
Started playing again mid-september, and getting to 13 is a trudge with stock cards, but there is no negative progress so it wasn't bad. I'm probably going to let 21 go for next round and just settle for the season rewards at this point. Just don't have the cards or patience to make it happen.

Good luck if you try for it, but I doubt it will come easy even unless you had your sights set on it from the start of the season.

I'll add that, I'm beginning to realize that finding a deck that plays to your strengths, is good in the meta, and has deck thinning to make climbing the ladder easier and more enjoyable, so it is going to take time.

Last edited:
@ChlopiecZZapalkami

I find what you're saying very insulting and disrespectful. Also wrong.

"The real game".

Like: get the best OP net-deck and run it to no avail, killing all the diversity in the game, cause everybody have to play the same s#it over and over again.

It's so "real".

partci;n9688381 said:
@ChlopiecZZapalkami I find what you're saying very insulting and disrespectful. Also wrong.

He did put it very blunt. But I don't think it was particularly insulting or disrespectful, never mind the implications you've made.

Rank 18 can be reached by anyone who understands the game and has a competitive deck. This is mostly because you'll only need a 50% win-rate. Up to rank 18, you don't really need a net-deck.

Top Bottom