RNG Broken or Bad Luck

+
RNG Broken or Bad Luck

Because seriously I am getting sort of frustrated with this game. I do craft some of my cards. But I play close to every other day. And open 3 to 4 packs sometimes 5 a day. Last week I got nothing but 10 to 11 spare cards to mill, this week too. I am not asking for much, but 1 silver or Gold out of two weeks of grinding would be nice. Sure you get scraps, ore, and dust aplenty. But I don't want to have to craft all my cards, especially when they cost 800 to 1,600 to craft a gold or special leader card. It makes packs useless and me wondering why I am wasting my time on a game that I spend most of the time crafting my own cards.

TheRedWatcher;n9710111 said:
Because seriously I am getting sort of frustrated with this game. I do craft some of my cards. But I play close to every other day. And open 3 to 4 packs sometimes 5 a day. Last week I got nothing but 10 to 11 spare cards to mill, this week too. I am not asking for much, but 1 silver or Gold out of two weeks of grinding would be nice. Sure you get scraps, ore, and dust aplenty. But I don't want to have to craft all my cards, especially when they cost 800 to 1,600 to craft a gold or special leader card. It makes packs useless and me wondering why I am wasting my time on a game that I spend most of the time crafting my own cards.

Mill cards only then patches come out (if possible) and then you can receive large amount of scraps.

Sgt_Prof;n9710131 said:
Mill cards only then patches come out (if possible) and then you can receive large amount of scraps.

What I been doing. But it's absolutely ridiculous. You know I play MTG and Yugioh and I bring this up, but to me as a collector of cards and player of strategy card games there is nothing more satisfactory then opening the card pack and getting something awesome after the effort of building the deck and fighting your way through enemies is when you open a pack and there's a planeswalker or something like that. Idk I am just like, I have had to craft most of my cards which makes the packs worthless to me.

TheRedWatcher;n9710141 said:
What I been doing. But it's absolutely ridiculous. You know I play MTG and Yugioh and I bring this up, but to me as a collector of cards and player of strategy card games there is nothing more satisfactory then opening the card pack and getting something awesome after the effort of building the deck and fighting your way through enemies is when you open a pack and there's a planeswalker or something like that. Idk I am just like, I have had to craft most of my cards which makes the packs worthless to me.

I'd suggest you to work towards one "workhorse" deck like skellige carryover which is popular in meta. With decent W/L ratio you can level up faster and earn more ores/kegs quicker. I'm collecting my kegs for next season as now I've got like 6k ores and 20 kegs. I'm hoping to open nearly 100 kegs at the start of new season what means new patch, card changes and best moment to craft/mill. And there's no need to get very frustrated. It's a game after all.

i know how you feel i have sometimes bad luck. but i have almost full collection without 10 legendaries and some silvers. with patience you can also have a full collection don t play just for it, play for fun. i kknow is hard but if you will play with pleasure your collection will grow without notice.

Exoclyps;n9712031 said:
... why would you craft a leader card?

Cause you mills some in order to craft other cards.It's free scraps when you are starting (especially if you hit on some patch).

Opening kegs is always a matter of luck. On my second account on PS4 the only gold card I received during the first 10 levels, was the one from the starter pack. Maybe I got 2 silver cards but that was it.

But eventually you will be more lucky... after level 10 I suddenly received 3 gold cards on short time. Opening kegs has been like that for a long long time. Fortunately you get so many rewards that it doesn't matter that much. At least not for me.

However, I never count on opening kegs and usually craft the cards I need myself. Even if kegs don't give you anything good, it doesn't take long to collect 800 scraps and more.

devivre;n9712141 said:
Opening kegs is always a matter of luck. On my second account on PS4 the only gold card I received during the first 10 levels, was the one from the starter pack...

Haha, reminds me of when after CB I opened my kegs and the only Gold I've got was Vanilla Geralt... though animated. :D

partci;n9712111 said:
Cause you mills some in order to craft other cards.It's free scraps when you are starting (especially if you hit on some patch).
Except they aren't "free". They have a cost, and it costs much when you want to use said leader that you milled. Milling leaders is the worst advice to give to any new player. Today's leader that is never played is tomorrow's hero. And because you can't get leaders in kegs, there's no method to get them back except by crafting. It's a losing proposition for meager temporary gains.

devivre;n9712141 said:
However, I never count on opening kegs and usually craft the cards I need myself. Even if kegs don't give you anything good, it doesn't take long to collect 800 scraps and more.
This. If you need none of the cards in the kegs, at worst, each keg yields 50 scraps. Usually you get ~100 scraps from a keg on average value.
The craft system is there to help you get what you want without relying on RNG.

Truthfully, I find Gwent to be overly generous with it's card reward structure. Yes, kegs are stingy with golds, but they are pretty generous with Silvers and Animated cards. Since you only need 1 copy of any Silver, and Animated Cards are fluff, they are a large source of scraps for me. I got 3 Silvers in a keg, once (once). But frequently, I do get 2 Silvers.

The biggest source of scrap though, is patch day. All hail patch day! The last major patch, I made out with 20k scraps by milling everything on the patch list. Since it has equivalent mill values, I lose nothing. If I need the cards, I can craft them again for the exact same I milled for. If I don't, I just got 80 scraps for a bronze. And let me tell you, I had 30 copies of some of those bronzes.

Unbelievable. The fact that you can "grind" out 3-5 packs (kegs) a day in this game is far more generous than most other popular CCGs. You will not come close to this in Hearthstone, and will absolutely not be getting 1 Legendary card every 2 weeks in that game. You should lower those entitled expectations.

DrDang;n9713261 said:
Unbelievable. The fact that you can "grind" out 3-5 packs (kegs) a day in this game is far more generous than most other popular CCGs. You will not come close to this in Hearthstone, and will absolutely not be getting 1 Legendary card every 2 weeks in that game. You should lower those entitled expectations.

I been playing more than a few months and haven't gotten a silver or gold. It wasn't just the two weeks, it's just the two weeks the tipping point since I been playing. I think I received a Gold a few months ago. I don't care much about getting a gold every time. But a silver. Please. Just one. Just one silver. Anyone. lolo. I like to collect cards.

Hello, im still a bit new to the game ..sadly couldnt make my own thread here so ill just post in this one because i might also just have bad luck.. i have completed all the challneges with my own deck, i dont have any fun in using meta decks or play a meta game to begin with because to me 90% of a card game IS making my own deck and perfecting it and all.

So my whole idea was to go with mahakam(scoiatel) resilience and combine it with a counter buff / balance type of ace up my sleeve using dudu and regis (god i love this card, was SO HAPPY when i got it) I have however only just started doing matches against real people and found out quickly that other people use their whole card collection rather than their deck, every card they use spawns atleast 2-3 or sometimes even more cards like monster decks but they arent playing monster decks at all.. And sadly they keep their individual numbers low so dudu and regis dont work against that. Already lost like 4 games in a row like this where in the end they had too low cards for me to come back against their extreme card spam.

I mean i even use the witch card that spawns a fire trap dmging a whole row badly and that doesnt work against it either.

Im not posting this to 'ask for better decks' i already explained why i wont alter my playstyle, perfecting it will happen when i get more cards i guess cause ive been pretty unlucky in the cards i got from containers save for regis ofcourse. Did i have bad luck with my matchups? Or is this the meta that everyone plays so i will never have a chance? If thats the case i think ill remove the game from my system again.. i hope this was just bad luck in meeting hard counters to my deck that stomped the challenges np. All of them, not even using weaknesses (the tips). I mean i already was bummed that the decoy card isnt the same as in the original gwent game from W3 (2nd best game i ever played only next to ultima online).. so i rather not have to cave the only fun i have in this game with playing in a specific manner to counter some stupid meta.

Greets guys.
-ihavearegis.

I also feel that I had very bad luck opening kegs. The last 3 legendaries (during the last month) I got were in the first four cards, so I was not able to choose and I already had them. So they were mill scrap. Nevertheless, milling the extra cards I can craft a legendary often enough to cover the needs.

panerola;n9715301 said:
I also feel that I had very bad luck opening kegs. The last 3 legendaries (during the last month) I got were in the first four cards, so I was not able to choose and I already had them. So they were mill scrap. Nevertheless, milling the extra cards I can craft a legendary often enough to cover the needs.

Yeah. It isn't that I always wanted to have a gold or silver. But 1 in the two months between September and October of the whole two months be nice. Else I just get bronzes and moving cards. Ooooo. That's great but I am trying to make my deck even better.

Running a Nilfgard Ciri Dash and a pure Wild Hunt deck.

well yesterday i played another match after crafting a (my first ever crafting lol) card that seemed good for my deck's idea (some dwarf that gains +1 everytime i play another dwarf and tbh i only have a single elven card in my playdeck (the one that boosts a loyal card by +1 every turn, if i get that one in my hand i always play it first and hope hes not scorched lol) and the opponent ragequitted in round one :s ohwell i got a free lvlup from it and got a keg that..gave me bad cards.. but atleast i won a match lol.

I've not crafted a single card yet either at level 31, I just aim to hit rank 16ish every season playing the cards I've gotten from packs and I mill cards every time full refund is available so I'm sitting on a hoard of scraps. Either way, point I am making is that it can be fun just to base your deck around the cards you've been given, even if sometimes I feel at a slight disadvantage when I've dropped imlerith into my deck for instance just as a filler card in a deck that almost never had frost on the field. But so like I pulled succubus and caretaker and while I know that succubus can be inconsistent at times they are the best I've gotten and so I based my deck around it. When next patch comes along I with many will scrap about 10 of my cards, recieve 15 kegs for ending the season and reveal some new glorious cards that I'll end up swapping factions to make use of or what not but it seems like the way to go right now while its still open beta. However to address the OP, so far I've managed to pull about 6-7 legendaries of which some of these were leveling up rewards and I've scrapped about 3 of them so maybe you're just unlucky? Also I reckon so that some people wouldn't own dagon or john calveit, I personally scrapped calveit, did not own dagon in time to mill him as that was the week I started playing.

Two games in a row:

First one: NOT A SINGLE C-HARPY AT ALL through the three rounds. Instead I got Roach AND harpies constantly. Every turn. Also started with Renew and Succubus and didn't saw a single other Gold card the entire game. Frightener pulled me a ROACH in R3.

Second game - Roach and at least one Harpy constantly in my deck - only Gold card ever - Succubus.

Just... how?

Third game I've got lucky to see the WS in R3, to win the game, cause it was following familiar pattern.

What the hell?

Wait until you craft a card and then get it for free in the next keg.
Wait until you wait for 3 weeks for a patch, give in, mill your cards, then the next day a patch is incoming.

The game will give you mercy kegs, sadly these tend to be bunched at the end of the of the mercy period. eg, I opened 35 kegs of nothing but bronze and 3 silvers, in the next 5 kegs I got 3 golds and 4 silvers.

Top Bottom