Salty forfeit in ranked ruins winners points?

+
Salty forfeit in ranked ruins winners points?

I have recently come up with a slew of players in ranked who forfeit when I win, but right before the game has time to resolve everything so it counts as them forfeiting and gives me around +39 to my ranked score as opposed to around +50. Is this the reason why my score is lower?

If so, could the Devs maybe consider disabling forfeit when the players reach 2-3 card left in their hand?

(On a side note, I know this player base has its fair share of toxicity but it also has so many great people who love the competition, win or lose. Sadly to earn a lot of cards freely you need to rank up, or bot daily :( But it is very disheartening to see that the higher level a person is in Gwent the higher chance I have of them salt forfeiting in ranked. I don't care if they are level 55 and usually up in rank 20, you are now back in rank 12 with the level 20's so it would be very kind of you to not be so salty.)

Forfeiting doesn't affect the MMR, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Besides, just because someone forfeits doesn't necessarily mean this person is salty :)

I have the same problem, i guess 9 out of my 10 players forfeit 1 card before i win. I do notice that when i win against a forfeiter i earn like 27 points average but when i normally win without a forfeiting oponent i won 36+ always. I refuse to believe that it doesnt matter cause why else would they massivly forfeit right before the officially lose. And i really do notice a difference in points gain. Devs need to take care of this or make a statement or show some prove that it really doesnt affect your points gain. Btw for what it matters, im not in proladder. Im at a 3600 rating

Last edited:
BartjeBink;n9726621 said:
I have the same problem, i guess 9 out of my 10 players forfeit 1 card before i win. I do notice that when i win against a forfeiter i earn like 27 points average but when i normally win without a forfeiting oponent i won 36+ always. I refuse to believe that it doesnt matter cause why else would they massivly forfeit right before the officially lose. And i really do notice a difference in points gain. Devs need to take care of this or make a statement or show some prove that it really doesnt affect your points gain. Btw for what it matters, im not in proladder. Im at a 3600 rating

I imagine the reason they forfeit is that it must also effect how many points they lose for the loss of the match, which they wish to mitigate. But it does also have the effect of taking points from the winner. I belive that it does effect your score because I average around 50+ per win and only 39+ for every forfeit regardless of when in the match it happens.

The amount of points you earn depends on the opponent's MMR. It shouldn't have anything to do with forfeiting. Could be wrong, though.

I forfeit sometimes when there's no way for me to win, I never do it to take away MMR points. I guess I'll stop until it's confirmed if there's something to it!

Same here, when I know that I've lost I sometimes just forfeit at the spot. This since I don't feel like dragging out a loss.

Lol, another conspiracy theory.

People forfeit so you both don't lose time. Pay attention to the opponent's MMR (you can see it with Gwent Tracker, for instance): the higher it is, the more points you get if you win and vice versa.

I have people forfeiting when I win, I never noticed any difference in points gained compared to the points I get from people who don't forfeit.

oxitran;n9726771 said:
I imagine the reason they forfeit is that it must also effect how many points they lose for the loss of the match, which they wish to mitigate. But it does also have the effect of taking points from the winner. I belive that it does effect your score because I average around 50+ per win and only 39+ for every forfeit regardless of when in the match it happens.
You believe? Ok then...

The fact is: forfeiting does not reduce any points. Moreover, it does not have any effect on the game. None. Zilch. Nada.

I believe this thread ran out its course...

I forfeit when I can tell I'm beat. Why waste time with a losing hand? Move on. Hell I've gave up before the first hand was over. Some decks must be locked down correctly or you are screwed.

Last edited:
You assume I'm salty when I forfeit.
You assume you get less because I forfeit.

Too many assumptions in this thread.
oxitran;n9726521 said:
But it is very disheartening to see that the higher level a person is in Gwent the higher chance I have of them salt forfeiting in ranked.
Did you ever stop to think that they are higher level because they are forfeiting, thus saving time on an unwinnable game? Did you ever think that higher level players can see that they've lost, while lower level players continue to hold on to false hope?

Just some food for thought. If you want, I can salt it for you to make it taste better. Or maybe I can bring some cheese to compliment your whine.

Okay, I'm done.

arubino99;n9736711 said:
Too many assumptions in this thread. Did you ever stop to think that they are higher level because they are forfeiting, thus saving time on an unwinnable game? Did you ever think that higher level players can see that they've lost, while lower level players continue to hold on to false hope?

What you have said is also an assumption. And that's the thing; no one can tell for sure and it doesn't apply to all players. Maybe someone keeps playing out of respect or has a no-quit mentality, regardless of skill.

The only thing we should be aware of is that players have different views of how the game should be experienced and we should respect each others opinion on that (as long as it's a reasonable one).

I generally have no problem when opponent forfeits during his turn seeing he has no chance to catch up with his remaining cards (but still I would prefer honorable pass). But forfeiting in the middle of my final card resolution (which provides necessary power swing to win) is crying SALTY all over the screen. Saving time is not an argument. I see no problem to wait 1 or 2 more seconds until card resolves and turn/round ends. I find this quite irritating and almost never give GG for such behaviour.

I don't think forfeiting a match gives an opponent more points or less, game calculate earned points based on both players MMR. Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, Forfeit =/= salt. There is some situation where there is no win condition (like being down 3 cards or having a dead card, etc), instead of wasting time which you already knew you can't win, why wait for an opponent to play all their cards. Also, you have to understand there is some asshole tend to waste a lot of the time before playing the last card.

Anyway In my honest opinion Gwent community is the least salty community, well compared to other games.

4RM3D;n9737771 said:
What you have said is also an assumption. And that's the thing; no one can tell for sure and it doesn't apply to all players. Maybe someone keeps playing out of respect or has a no-quit mentality, regardless of skill.

The only thing we should be aware of is that players have different views of how the game should be experienced and we should respect each others opinion on that (as long as it's a reasonable one).
His assumption is closer to reality though. The higher the rank, the less salt, in my experience. Players behave much better, if that's the word.

Also, "playing out of respect"? What does that mean? Should I patiently wait until my low rank opponent shows all his cards? Really? Respect should be mutual and wasting someone's time is not respectful in my book. Just saying...

HenryGrosmont;n9743331 said:
Also, "playing out of respect"? What does that mean? Should I patiently wait until my low rank opponent shows all his cards? Really? Respect should be mutual and wasting someone's time is not respectful in my book. Just saying...

Hey, I am just saying. Some players care about that; others care more about not wasting someone's time (or their own).

Top Bottom