How is gwent today?

+
How is gwent today?

Hello,

I used to play gwent back in closed beta and a bit when it went open. When it went open, there was a totally different gameplay compared to closed. And at open, the gameplay was a huge weatherfest, where you needed 3 first lights to even stand a chance, else it's just who has more weather cards. Is the gameplay still the same like half year ago?

Desolator121;n9748011 said:
Hello,

I used to play gwent back in closed beta and a bit when it went open. When it went open, there was a totally different gameplay compared to closed. And at open, the gameplay was a huge weatherfest, where you needed 3 first lights to even stand a chance, else it's just who has more weather cards. Is the gameplay still the same like half year ago?
Now gold cards can be damaged by any card and while weather clear is a useful tech it's not strictly needed to play the game.

Well, in comparison to what has been a year ago it's like a new game. Weather is still strong but it was significantly downgraded from what was back then.

At this moment.. I feel the game is in a very good state.

I see plenty of diversity. Next week there's a new patch plus 20 new cards (total of 40) since open beta launch

its getting very interesting.

It's still in a pretty bad state atm. Weather is still a big f**k you to anyone actually trying to run a non-meta deck. There is a severe shortage of strats, leaving to new players heading to gwentDB day one and milling to a meta deck, of which there are usually one or two per faction which makes the gameplay boring as you know what is coming once you see the leader. The game has a weighted matchmaking system depending on your faction and leader, which can lead to scoiatel players playing against Emhyr var Emreis all day long,etc. The game honestly needs a ranked random game mode so we can have variety, in increased knowledge of the game mechanics, and a skill based ranking system rather than a deck based ranking system. Come back in a year and ask again.

Desolator121;n9748871 said:
So is it worth to come back play gwent? I am asking, since I got nothing to play atm and I am looking for something.

It's always worth a try. Game keeps changing all the time. There are all kinds of opinions, so only you can tell if the game is enjoyable for you :) Of course there is still weather around, but it's nothing like it used to be some time ago. Time to time I lose my interest for a few weeks because something feels slightly annoying or I hit into a massive losing streak, or I just want to play something else for a change, but when I come back few weeks later, everything is fun and enjoyable again :)

Personally, I see different opponents and different kinds of decks, I never used any meta decks or netdecks and I'm doing just fine. And now we have these short seasonal single player events coming too. I really liked that Mahakam Fetival we had a while ago. And Thronebreaker is also coming, so lots of new things to wait.

This is only my opinion and others might have very different opinions, so like I said earlier, try it yourself and find out :)

It's difficult to say how the game will be after the next big patch. I'm sure some of the upcoming changes will have a stronger effect - we'll see.
Frankly, I liked some of the previous versions of Gwent a lot better but I'm still enjoying the game. Just give it a shot and see for yourself :)

It's certainly more balanced than it used to be. Weather is still a pain in the ass but there's a lot more cards now. I'd say give it a go but make sure you're caught up with the changes.

Im enjoying it now. A few of the cards are broken or useless. but it continues to become better and balanced.

I usually enjoy it, so I would definetly recommend trying it again.
If you ask me,, there aren't any really annoying things currently,but the number of played decks is still too low.
I believe is on a good way.

I would say give it a try, i started again end of september and i love it. Sure there are problems but its free and you can take a brake when ever you want.

Desolator121;n9748871 said:
So is it worth to come back play gwent? I am asking, since I got nothing to play atm and I am looking for something.
It's definetly worth it. There are currently around 14 different meta decks, they are really strong and balanced amongst themselves, and even if you try to build your own custom deck you'll end up having a variant of one of the meta ones. So yea, like ruthless said:

Ruthless95;n9749731 said:
game is diverse but stale.
Still what I found that made me feel bored about the game is not how often I fight the same decks, but how often I use the same deck to play with. If you have a good collection and enough materials, it's a really good thing to have like 3~4 active decks that you play with, by doing that I enjoy the game much more and also improve my gameplay by a lot.

Sunsibar;n9749021 said:
And now we have these short seasonal single player events coming too. I really liked that Mahakam Fetival we had a while ago.
Oh I forgot to mention the events. Also on the last video of a Round of Gwent (Ep. 3) they talked about a Helloween event! So stay tuned :)

Last edited:
oxitran;n9748851 said:
The game has a weighted matchmaking system depending on your faction and leader, which can lead to scoiatel players playing against Emhyr var Emreis all day long,etc.
Mind if i ask about proof about this statement?

Still pretty frustrating. Most players don't think for themselves and pick a deck they seen by a popular streamer. Same cards in the same order. It'll be one thing and then the next, and the next.

masterf5;n9750891 said:
Fringilla vigo is op as hell. When are they nerfing that card ???
When she become more than a waste of a silver card slot. To use her, you need a complicated setup, which is easily disrupted and pray that your opponent doesn't have scorch, hailstorm, transformation, mushrooms, Vilgeforz, etc. But what does it have to do with this thread topic?

rodvari;n9750961 said:
Warning: Coinflip is still a problem
True.

Top Bottom