New card you're most excited about

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
New card you're most excited about

First of all, i dont know if i made this topic in the right section, if not mods feel free to move it please.

So, to those that have seen the stream or elsewhere the new 21 cards, which one(s) are you most excited about?

To me, it's probably Hattori, the new silver scoiatel. I've loved his character and arc in TW3, and love his effect - have always been a fan of ressurect, SK and NR were my original main factions, now only SK since it's the only proper ressurect faction. But maybe i'll dive in deeper with SC now that it'll get a proper medic.

Im also excited to use the new Alchemy cards on my Witcher deck. Uncle Vesemir will love it.

Hattori's ability doesn't make sense and it doesn't belong in ST.

The most interesting one is the new Skellige Silver 'Houndsnout', though not necessarily the strongest.

Last edited:
The 2 female bronze Skellige units; sorry I can't pick just one of them. The redhead woman is basically a Reaver Scout, and the other clears weather on a row and moves two ally units to the row that the blonde woman is deployed on. My reaction as a Skellige player is absolutely thrilled because these are exactly the kind of bronze units I wanted. I laughed from sheer joy when I saw their effects on the stream. Now I just want a new bronze Tuirseach unit that has synergy with Axemen (like damaging enemy units), and also so the new Tuirseach unit could benefit from Turiseach veteran's ability. The only other thing that I want as a Skellige player is for Blueboy Lugos to get a buff; I have a couple of things in mind that don't involve giving him a trivial strength buff. I think the whale should have a buffed effect in either one of two ways. Anyway, I digress.

*edit* No, I don't have the names of those female bronze units memorized yet, but I am sure I will once the patch drops tomorrow : D I'm on the hype train.

Last edited:
I forgot the name of it but it's that Monsters unit that consumes something from your graveyard without boosting itself and then you play a copy of that unit from your deck. I think it'll work really well with my Deathwish deck.

OG.laloquaint;n9762681 said:
Every other faction has a way of reviving cards except ST.
True . . .

And yet, as a sword-smith, and a somewhat dubious one at that, his ability seems just a bit out-of-character. I'd wager they could eventually swap it for another's -- someone with more facility in the art of resurrection, perhaps.

Riven-Twain;n9762811 said:
True . . .

And yet, as a sword-smith, and a somewhat dubious one at that, his ability seems just a bit out-of-character. I'd wager they could eventually swap it for another's -- someone with more facility in the art of resurrection, perhaps.

On that I agree, but honestly a lot of cards don't follow the lore lol )-:

I'm not very excited about most of the new cards. Harald, Heymaey Battle Maiden (best bronze premium in the game) and Venendal Elite (looks extremely strong, possibility to set your own spy to 1 while gaining 11 power seems to be pretty broken) are the ones I definitely want to test. Tbh I'm very upset about the new NR cards. Ronvid is just bad and a new bronze machine is absolutely unecessary.

gigabomb;n9761391 said:
Female Troll looks cool. I really want to make a deathwish deck work

Rotfiend is actually the one only target that gives you good value atm. Deathwish archetype needs a low base power, strong deatwhish effect bronze card.

BornBoring;n9762921 said:
I'm not very excited about most of the new cards. Harald, Heymaey Battle Maiden (best bronze premium in the game) and Venendal Elite (looks extremely strong, possibility to set your own spy to 1 while gaining 11 power seems to be pretty broken) are the ones I definitely want to test. Tbh I'm very upset about the new NR cards. Ronvid is just bad and a new bronze machine is absolutely unecessary.

Rotfiend is actually the one only target that gives you good value atm. Deathwish archetype needs a low base power, strong deatwhish effect bronze card.

I consider battle maiden a self wound reaver scout...and V elite a bronze serrit, that's some serious love among NG and SK. I'm fine with NR new cards, don't have any expectation tbh. What makes me feeling awful is skellige remain untouched after a month of domination. The change on restore only make Aglais unable to target restore, while Gremist Restore or Freya & Restore combo is still there. Where is the reasonable nerf when skellige totally deserve it?

OG.laloquaint;n9762681 said:
Jeez lighten up. Every other faction has a way of reviving cards except ST.

1) ST can revive spell cards (that's their specialty).
2) Even if they couldn't, that doesn't mean they also should get a revive (unit) card, just because other factions can too.
3) Like I've already said, Hattori's ability doesn't make sense.

Uncle Vesemir is going to shine now that Alchemy cards are so many and offer a wide choices of strategies :confusion:

Riven-Twain;n9762811 said:
True . . .

Depends a little on how you see it actually. In a way he got resurrected himself, as he was brought back from retirement. Resurrection doesn't necessary have to mean bringing someone back from the dead after all.

Venendal Elite is ridiculous tempo for a bronze card. Not just for the combo with Spy (20pts), but also through targetting a revealed unit in opponent´s hand. Let´s say it targets an 8 value unit, you have a 14pts play.

I am a bit worried about all the new RANDOM effect cards. play an enemy RANDOM Gold card sound a bit.....RANDOM.

PS: I like Gedyneith Flaminica because she is beautiful to look at. great premium.

4RM3D;n9763131 said:
1) ST can revive spell cards (that's their specialty).
2) Even if they couldn't, that doesn't mean they also should get a revive (unit) card, just because other factions can too.
3) Like I've already said, Hattori's ability doesn't make sense.

Let's agree to disagree. I personally think Hattori is a great card, it adds a whole new flavor to ST.

4RM3D;n9763131 said:
1) ST can revive spell cards (that's their specialty). 2) Even if they couldn't, that doesn't mean they also should get a revive (unit) card, just because other factions can too. 3) Like I've already said, Hattori's ability doesn't make sense.

As much as I agree with your point, though I would have to agree on those who commented about other cards not keeping to the "lore". So, with Hattori's case right now it will make sense to have him with an ability like this until if it becomes a problem then his ability will change of course and swap it for another unit, which suits best for reviving a unit. other than that, until all other cards become lore base then everything will remain the way they are.

In addition, I personally think that he does not fit the bill with that kind of ability, rather he is more suited in having a ability, which involves getting together with the other sword related units to either repair, buff, reset, strengthen, and/or have a token of random dumplings on your side of the board and heals a different ally or unit on random rows to their base strength then boost by 2. Something on the lines of that... :)

Basically, let me simplify below:

Eibhear Hattori Silver Card

Deploy: Every 3 turns, at the start of your turn, spawn a random Dumpling on your side of the board, and heal a different ally or unit on random rows to their base strength then boost by 2.

Regards,
byExeplar

:hmm::wondering:

Attachments

• Eibhear Hattori.png
    Eibhear Hattori.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
On a side note, and I'll just drop it in this thread, a lot of the new cards seem to support the weaker archetypes that weren't viable before. So, I suspect we will see a lot more variation. Maybe not in the top ranks, but everywhere else.

I agree that Hattori & resurrection seems like a weird combination, and I don't think ST needs a card to resurrect units, but I really like the synergy of this card with buffing in hand :) - it is one of few new cards I'll certainly test.

Looks like the Venendal Elite will make reveal deck an ultimate OP force... What devs were thinking?

Top Bottom