New card you're most excited about

+
Maerd;n9763811 said:
Looks like the Venendal Elite will make reveal deck an ultimate OP force... What devs were thinking?

I agree that right now V. Elite looks extremely problematic, but without knowing all the other small balance changes it's hard to tell. We'll see how good this card really is in the next meta.

Maerd;n9763811 said:
Looks like the Venendal Elite will make reveal deck an ultimate OP force... What devs were thinking?
devivre;n9763831 said:
I agree that right now V. Elite looks extremely problematic, but without knowing all the other small balance changes it's hard to tell. We'll see how good this card really is in the next meta.

Venendal Elite only has a small window of opportunity to be good outside of using it with Cantarella. That why I think you shouldn't be running three of these; maybe even only one with Marching Orders.

The new ST cards could / would be great, if they wouldn't have the stupid handbuff mandatory. That sucks and makes the new ST cards again damn spell exclusive. I don't like the recently monorail-esque developers' engagement only towards ST spells playing style. I miss combo-stacks synergizing maneuvers like the other factions have.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n9763841 said:
Venendal Elite only has a small window of opportunity to be good outside of using it with Cantarella. That why I think you shouldn't be running three of these; maybe even only one with Marching Orders.
You should think of other opportunities. It works with ALL enemy units, including golds.

Maerd;n9763911 said:
You should think of other opportunities. It works with ALL enemy units, including golds.

Let's say the enemy has a 8 strength unit (if you're lucky). That means you play a 9 strength bronze with a delayed 7 damage, which is potentially 16 strength total. That is okay, but there are a few problems with it:
1. You cannot always find a good target for it.
2. The opponent can mulligan away the damaged card (not always, depending on which card).
3. You still play mediocre tempo on the board.

All this makes the card circumstantial. It has great potential and also some risks. Hitting Cantarella is still insane, though.

4RM3D;n9763991 said:
Let's say the enemy has a 8 strength unit (if you're lucky).
Morvran reveals 4 cards, Cahir reveals another 4, and you always can boost against a special card by 9, so you can always make it 10 strength unit.

Maerd;n9764091 said:
Morvran reveals 4 cards, Cahir reveals another 4

That's overkill and most likely a waste of Cahir.

Maerd;n9764091 said:
you always can boost against a special card by 9, so you can always make it 10 strength unit.

The backup plan, which is decent, but not special.

I've heard that Alchemist reveals two cards now. If that's the case then that would be a huge boost to the reveal archetype. You might not even need Morvran anymore, which allows for some amazing combos with Cahir and the other leaders. If that's the case, Venendal Elite will have more opportunities to shine. So, I guess the meta will settle on an average of two, unless something changes.

First one to manage infinite blue dream loop with spelleithne to get farseers to 92304829 power wins a cookie.

Playing a couple of games with Venendal Elite I find it quite underwhelming so far. To be honest getting a decent target is actually real hard. It was fun playing dual reveal where I ended up with golems and a couple 1 point cards cooped with me reveling his 4 point soldiers (which he can't reveal anymore).

I did lose that game though, after Joachim spawned a 4 point Venendal Elite. (Yeah, it got reset after buff from Joachim)

I also don't really get why Hattori is a res card, or why Scoaia need one at all, but there are a few non-handbuff options - Elven Mercenary, Dwarven Agitator or Barclay Els being replayed are the obvious ones. Haven't tested him yet though.

Venendal doesn't seem as OP as people seem to think, as cards never are. Remember the excitement over Artifact Compression and Xarthisius?

Hefty Helges should be a NR card, and it's reveal synergy is so limited - you can drop it on a row and usually get pretty much it's full effect anyway.

Mandrake is going to be the sleeper hit of the patch. I can see that being a really strong card.

looking forward to test Muzzle and Helga or whatever the name of the big siege machine is, in my spy decks!

Eliadann;n9763341 said:
Venendal Elite is ridiculous tempo for a bronze card. Not just for the combo with Spy (20pts), but also through targetting a revealed unit in opponent´s hand. Let´s say it targets an 8 value unit, you have a 14pts play.

Yeah, I saw this card and instantly thought "busted". It's potentially better than that silver card that reduces a revealed unit's power to 1.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, first day's over. I've been able to get 14 of thr new 21.

Kinda disappointed with the new Golds. Wolfsbane is not as good as i thought (its effect only happens once, i thought it would be 3x on 3 turns). And Avallach: Sage, despite looking really cool, might be one of the worst golds ever. I mean, you're already getting a COPY of your enemy's card, so he still has it in his deck; its random, so you have no idea what you're gonna get; and worst of all, it's a gold OR silver, so you might be wasting a gold that only gives you 2 pts for a silver that doesnt synergize with your deck and is useless to you... Not even i'm that crazy to go for such randomness!

Cant complain about the new silvers though, they're awesome. Hattori and Harald are awesome, and will try to get the neutral and NR silver, because they look like fun.

Most negative card in terms of OP: SK Flaminica Gedyneith. A simple bronze card that can move two (!!!???) allies. Correct me, if I'm wrong, no other bronze card in Gwent can move more than one unit, for good reason, because moving multiple targets should stay silver and gold cards exclusive. Now if you play SK, you need only two bronze Flaminicas to move 4 allies, but at the same time the opponent needs for moving 4 bronze units to gain the same level movement being done only by bronzes.

So Skellige is boosted again, instead of being weakened. That aren't the terms of rebalancing the game, folks! I think the developers adore SK (and NG), so maybe rebalancing is lost... Time will tell, if the love towards other factions will come back.

Last edited:
OMG and if you had 3 then you'd be able to move 6 allies, and if you decoyed one then you'd be able to move 8 allies then if you restored one you'd be able to move 10 allies, then if you sigr drifad another you'd be able to move 12 allies. Broken.

I think that card is just fine in the following meta. Movement st is no more a thing since new iorveth's new buff.i mean a tier deck

I was most excited about v elite but as mentioned before it is a really really tricky card. Initially i wanted to use it as a supplement to spy deck with leo and cantarella but it doesn't deliver that reliable and when you dont pull it it will brick your joachim so badly.
In a propet morvran reveal deck it works well and the deck can handle up to two of them unless you load up with cahir and alchemist which are not ideal imo.
Still it is a ok tempo average 8 point play with delayed reduction in opponents tempo. Puts pressure on opponent which is great though.

The skellige mover card is just ridiculous though.

Avalach the sage is just for fun. Kudos to the one who makes it competitive..

Wow. The Flaminica Gedyneith unit is fine since without it, the Clan An Crach Greatsword and Light Longships get countered by so many things like spies being placed in between them, and one or more of a Greatsword and a Longship being moved by an enemy. That is on top of locks countering the Greatsword deck.

Top Bottom