New card you're most excited about

+
frytom;n9770191 said:
Most negative card in terms of OP: SK Flaminica Gedyneith. A simple bronze card that can move two (!!!???) allies. Correct me, if I'm wrong, no other bronze card in Gwent can move more than one unit, for good reason, because moving multiple targets should stay silver and gold cards exclusive. Now if you play SK, you need only two bronze Flaminicas to move 4 allies, but at the same time the opponent needs for moving 4 bronze units to gain the same level movement being done only by bronzes.

So Skellige is boosted again, instead of being weakened. That aren't the terms of rebalancing the game, folks! I think the developers adore SK (and NG), so maybe rebalancing is lost... Time will tell, if the love towards other factions will come back.

There are a lot of row punishing effects in the game. Dragging all your own units to one row can lead to some serious blowouts.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've been using the Flaminica, but mostly because i really like the art, because to be honest, it hasnt really been that helpful. Sure, she moves two units, but its not like she buffs or armors those units. And if you use her to clear weather on a row, you're stacking units on that row, opening up for a damned Hailstorm (which im assuming its the favourite card of the people complaining here...)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Now that's been almost week since the patch with the new cards hit, i have a clearer picture of it:

Although some balancing issues with the new bronze units, i have to congratulate CDPR on the new bronze and silver cards. Specially the silver, they're amazing.

But the Golds... they are supposed to be the best of the bunch, but every single new Gold is lackluster!

Wolfsbane and "whatever Golden Ale Keg" seemed great at first, but i found out i misread them and dont provide as much value as they should.

Muzzle basically only provides a point swing, as the deploy doesnt trigger again. Extremely boring card.

Avallach the Sage is the most RNG based card in the game, only fit for gambling lunatics who enjoy terrible odds. And yes, i crafted this today...

"Someone's" Blue Dream is the only one kinda useful, but i think it should steal the card and not just spawn a copy, to counter Renew at least.

RidiculousName;n9766191 said:
Hard to pick just one... but I guess it'd have to be Hefty Helge.

Well, this turned out to be true; that card is awesome. Pew pew pew... a real machine gun. :D

Germain of Fox Hollow

So far, he is working well with my Foltest deck which utilizes Kaedweni Siege Supports. Can give me anywhere from the lowest 13 to 28 when I have 3 supports out

DRK3;n9800461 said:
..."Someone's" Blue Dream is the only one kinda useful, but i think it should steal the card and not just spawn a copy, to counter Renew at least.
Well, I am using it for two days already... with Letho, of all the people... and actually having ton of fun with it. :geraltthatsgood:

No love for Crow's Eye on here?

Running a Alchemy based Niflgaard deck and consistently pulling out all three Crow's Eye. Under the ideal circumstances, which are not even that hard to get since it targets highest enemy, it is 2 + 12 power on first use (thanks to the Vicovaro Novice), 2 + 15 on second and 2 + 18 on the final use. Not really had any troubles getting full or near full value either, though I guess smart people might start playing to the same row when they know I got it, but I have some access to spy cards in the deck to setup the board for myself anyway. I run a single Overdose as a backup plan in case I pull one of the Crow's Eye and get all three Novices'.

Running Vesemir, the gold version, as a further backup plan and experimenting with Expired Ale. So far it has been pretty good, one should just only play it after they won first round or on the third round to prevent an easy pass for the opponent.

TriforceDragon;n9801151 said:
it is 2 + 12 power on first use (thanks to the Vicovaro Novice)

And what's your plan if the opponent files everyone in a single row?

DRK3;n9800461 said:
Muzzle basically only provides a point swing, as the deploy doesnt trigger again. Extremely boring card.

"Someone's" Blue Dream is the only one kinda useful, but i think it should steal the card and not just spawn a copy, to counter Renew at least.

Re Muzzle: I'm so glad you made that clear! I had an opponent steal my 6 str NR PFI but it didn't spawn the 2 L & R units for them. I wondered if the ability was "muzzled" and thought that would make sense. I appreciate that feature since I've only experienced the other side of it.

I do agree re:Renew counter. Even if the card just banished the gold I'd thumbs up.

TriforceDragon;n9801151 said:
No love for Crow's Eye on here?

Running Vesemir, the gold version, as a further backup plan and experimenting with Expired Ale. So far it has been pretty good, one should just only play it after they won first round or on the third round to prevent an easy pass for the opponent.

My recent deck build includes it

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/34952-the-lockdown

It is a budget version for new players, since it's early in the season and I'm still adapting to the new meta. The love for CE is there, and I've been considering running Gold Vesemir as well. There's even room to include Eskel and run all three gold witchers as well as silver, might be fun.

Maerd;n9802861 said:
And what's your plan if the opponent files everyone in a single row?

As I mentioned, I run a few spies, if all else fails I can set up the spies to gain some value that way. But usually I dont even start to blow stuff up before my opponent has dropped a few units on different rows as to not tip my hand.

Only real problem I have encountered are the Scoi decks who line up for the Ambush boost, but even they usually only play the absolute minimum to gain max value of it.

It is a weakness, no doubt about that, wish lacerate was a alchemy card, but ill play around as best I can.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@TriforceDragon I love the Crow's Eye too, but dont use it on NG deck. I use it on a SK Discard and on a Eithné Spell deck.

On the SK, i discard at least one Crow's eye with that bronze that discards any bronze you want from your deck, then use herbalist to summon the 2nd and 3rd crow's eye for some great damage.

On SC, i use Elven Mercenaries to summon 1 or 2 Crow's Eyes, then Eithné to re-use those Crow's Eyes, and finally Sage to use them again and banishing them! And some moving units to relocate those who stack units of course.

Top Bottom