[SPOILERS] Saovine: Holiday of the Dead - Help Solving Puzzles

+
[SPOILERS] Saovine: Holiday of the Dead - Help Solving Puzzles

So, I guess this thread would have been made sooner or later. I've specifically created it to avoid spoilers in other threads.

Please, only discuss spoiler-related stuff about the event here.

Snake_Foxhounder

There is actually very little RNG.
1. The first challenge "Breaking Bread with the Dead" doesn't have any RNG at all.
2. The second challenge "Knockin' on Horror's Door" has a little bit with random consume, but it doesn't affect the outcome of the battle.
3. The final challenge "Bloodthirst" does have some more RNG with your units hitting random enemies. But in the end, I didn't notice much difference with the win-condition.

First post here, so firstly just saying hello!

I have found these Saovine challenges significantly harder than the Ale Festival ones though. The first challenge I did easy enough (Breaking Bread with the Dead) - but the second one took me a good few tries, the last one was a little easier, but nowhere near the level of the Ale Fest. At least that's what I thought.

However, I'm still loving these holiday challenges, especially the 'fluff' that goes with them. That old man narrator is just amazing.

I don't know, man. Your battering ram deals damage depending on how many specific units you have on the row. If they get taken out, which happens randomly, you won't deal enough damage.

Legendarum

I actually found the Saovine challenges easier. Well, maybe not easier, but clearer. I knew what I had to do.

Snake_Foxhounder

You should never let the vampires reach the melee row. So, the only damage your peasants will receive is from the Queen. At the end of the round, the opponent plays a few units, which do random damage, but at that point it no longer matters.

Took a different approach. Went all in on killing vampires. The second challenge is the hardest. You have more room to manouver in the last one.

Snake_Foxhounder;n9768291 said:
Went all in on killing vampires.

That's what I said. I guess it's the most obvious approach. Then again, there might be some alternative way of solving it. Regardless, I had the most trouble with the first challenge on expert. The rest I got after a few tries.

completed the normal challenges without much difficulty, after testing out what the cards did

i'll try the advanced ones when they implement a reset button; can't be bothered to keep re-loading and re-skipping dialog
(given how it took a year to remove the black mulligan screen, maybe by 2023 they'll make these adjustments)

My tip for the first breaking bread: the peasants ability to stack their damage and healing is more important than preserving their lives. Start off by triple stacking them.

Tip for the first bloodthirst: save the leader and late harvests until round 3.

Last edited:
The challenge is way harder and frustrating than the last one, offer very limited rewards and the tuturials are almost nonexistent. What about a try again button?

Just a word of warning to the noobs who've never done an event such as this: in the 2nd round do NOT pass when the Vamp side does. You'll lose lol.

I found the 3rd challenge to be the easiest out of all of them. 1st on Expert was ridiculous to the point I had to look up a guide.

I know there is a pattern, since it alternates between the two enemy types in 'Breaking bread', but it's really annoying with the leader that only increases palisade by 1 and switching your troops around. ...let alone there is no actual heal.

HOLY CARRY OVER BATMAN!

jeez.. got the first set of challenges done lastnight before I passed out .. hauntingly good fun!

Jeezzz I need help with expert mode lol

this festival is way harder than previous one, even on standard mode. (Which I like it, but then i am sooo stuck on expert mode XD)

We haven't got threads about how to manage to finish expert mmode yet?

(note: I suggest all players to die in expert mode at least 5+ times before come here looking for answers, like I do :), this festival is fun and you will make it boring if you just go for the rewards)

Top Bottom