Is it just me or Nilfgaard is absolutely ridiculous right now?

+
panerola;n9779571 said:
Nobody is complaining about Fringilla Vigo combo (with cahir and Emhir)? You can find an example in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxLcSkbrD0 minute 6:45. I think it is quite flip a coin win/lose game. You have scorch, igni or villi (Bork), you win; otherwise you are doomed.

In the past they removed these kind of tactics, I remember the reinforced trebuchet buffed, adrenaline rushed, promoted and copied with Foltest was removed from the gameplay. Also, commanders horn was changed to not double the cards of the row, because it was too much. With Fringilla, you almost double the value of a card, that to my thinking, makes a similar tactic.

I found these decks several times and I find them quite annoying. But I see that no-one else complains, so I leave it here.

Ah yes. Fringilla Vigo needs to go. Fast.

Marginal0;n9780121 said:
You are right in the power of the plays, but if you played better it would'nt have been this devastating. If anything the deck is extremely predictable. They will reveal your cards and can shoot a several times for 4. If you've played the deck before, you'd know it's foolish to open with Yarpen, so that's on you. If you have 2 big cards that were revealed you're screwed with Elite, but you could've played the Schirru upon reveal. If you played another big unit the second Elite would've probably been way less then 14.

I assume this is the first time you've faced the deck and it's kinda early to cry out for nerfs after a sole experience against a deck or a card. If not, then sorry to say this but a lot of this is on you. I often play Reveal myself but if my opponent plays well around it and makes the right passes, I will lose.

Wether I played correctly or not is besides the point. The deck is just brutal as it is, and it needs to go down. Yes, it is predictable, and yet all you can do is pretty much sit and watch how your hand is decimated for insane point swings. You didn’t play your revealed high strength unit? Watch how it gets obliterated to one point. You played it even though it’s not the right time just to avoid the hammer? Don’t worry, scorpions to the rescue.

I have played many matches against this deck (lately it seems it’s the only deck I play against; I have to say the game has gotten stale for me really really fast this patch) and it’s ridiculous every single time.

gigabomb;n9780381 said:
If I mistime my mangonels [...]

The strongest version of reveal doesn't use Mangonels. Removing those, might make the deck less dicey.

tortugueta;n9781411 said:
Ah yes. Fringilla Vigo needs to go. Fast.

Nah, making her stubborn would be enough. The Decoy/Emhyr play is a bit overkill.

4RM3D;n9781501 said:
Nah, making her stubborn would be enough. The Decoy/Emhyr play is a bit overkill.

It might be a bit of an overkill, but it is also a huge gamble because leaving decoy as a last card means:
you first put some huge (probably gigni range) unit on the board. Then you played Fringilla for the first time, created double the value and then decoyed her on the same row for 3xhuge unit value.
Sure it is a value that can quite likely win a round. If you are playing a solo game or your opponent is. There is hardly a competitive deck out there today that can't do something about in 3-4 rounds you need to setup. Personaly i gave up on it because although watching so many points go to flame is fun first few times it kind of gets repetitive.

nemirni;n9781871 said:
It might be a bit of an overkill, but it is also a huge gamble [...]

Greater risk, greater reward. Also, the opponent might have already played his Igni/Coral-like cards.

Did I just say: "greater risk, greater reward"? Yeah, well, within reason. There is a problem with it. It's the same problem as with Kambi and the old Villenmethingy (that scorched 2 units). You either have a counter for it and you win or you don't and you'll lose. There isn't much of a middle ground. It's an all-out-attack with no backup plan. Millgaard kinda falls into this category, but instead of a near instant kill, it's death by a 1000 needles.

Anyhow, the Fringilla Gambit might be a bit too much because it's a relatively simple combo of three cards which can be hidden within an existing archetype, whereas with Kambi and Millgaard you'll need a lot of setup.

I dont know where to put this, i played against NG with my spy deck. I stole his venedal from his graveyard with my vicovaro medic and set his revealed gerald strength to 1. He played a spotter on him and still got the 13 strength buff even though gerald is now 1 strength. He then played gerald and 1 strength only to his total. So is the inetraction of spotters with gerald bugged or was it intended to be like that?

Michelazz;n9782691 said:
So is the inetraction of spotters with gerald bugged or was it intended to be like that?

It's working as intended. The ability of Spotter reads: "Deploy: Choose a Revealed Unit in either Hand and Boost self by its base Power." The keyword here is "base". That means damage does nothing, in the same way that buffing a card does nothing either.

At Moment it`s make no fun to play ranked. 80% of all games i play again NG Spy/Reveal. The other 20% is SK. I play Spellatell, because i have no rly big choice. All other Decks have no chance again the 0815 Decks. Now i`m rank 13 and have played 1 Game again Monster, no one want play this Faction.
With Spellatell i have only 2 Loses, other Decks i have try, only lose, becouse NG destroy every tactic :)
Its not rly funny.

I think NG OP as well, is just way too annoying that they can reveal your whole deck and take your points as well...

Just curious how is SG OP?

ResoundingBuahaha;n9784881 said:
I just love how people complain NG while it's been skellige meta for a month and get no nerf in the new patch

Thats in +4kmmr. in 3.5k mmr and less (where there is more people) the new NG bronze is breaking the game.

So all people have to do to is climb up and then something else (aka branstore) is breaking the game. Makes you wonder how did all this bran decks get that high. I am still low atm (around 2k) and i still see all factions pretty equally(elder the most actually) but i am confident that bran is still The Meta. Reveal has few tricks in the sleave, but that is all they are:tricks. Learn to play around them and very few decks will have negative matchup with it(boost scoiatel maybe...)

I find it interesting how people complain most about "interactive" decks especially those that change the ususal strategy. Probably because most netdecks dont autoinclude alternative strategies so players actually have to play out of their comfort zone when somebody sweers them or harrasses their side of the board. On the other hand super strong decks like branstore are fine because they "dont meddle much with my game" .

masterf5;n9786141 said:
Thats in +4kmmr. in 3.5k mmr and less (where there is more people) the new NG bronze is breaking the game.

Oh I heard reveal is still awful somehow. It's like the second day? People already climb to 4k? Come on we already seen skellige been there on top like a month, with the deck untouched by nerf I see no reason it can't continue it's domination

Abelius360;n9785091 said:
I think NG OP as well, is just way too annoying that they can reveal your whole deck and take your points as well...

Just curious how is SG OP?

Let's start with Bran Morkvag wolfbane Raider combo, that's a 24 point opener. And Restore on Gremist and then Sigdrifa, that's 40+ play. The skellige as a whole is a faction denies all reset, first 4 removal and damage with Freya and Armor smith, Coral and Lugos are just auto included regardless of the archetype since they are just too good. So basically, carryover with tempo, control, consistency and immune in one deck.

The thing is, Freya essentially means "play your best bronze from gy and +1", Sigdrifa writes "play your best silver from gy and +3", Restore is "make your best silver a 10, and play it again". These alone made every effort on deck teching a joke. A thunder against NG is still a thunder, you get to remove the key card, against skellige a thunder means a Freya. How is that not OP

Doesnt make too much sense to play Gwent at the moment. Everyone is using NG with that damned reveal deck, cant do much but watch my cards become useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
ResoundingBuahaha;n9786801 said:
Let's start with Bran Morkvag wolfbane Raider combo, that's a 24 point opener. And Restore on Gremist and then Sigdrifa, that's 40+ play. The skellige as a whole is a faction denies all reset, first 4 removal and damage with Freya and Armor smith, Coral and Lugos are just auto included regardless of the archetype since they are just too good. So basically, carryover with tempo, control, consistency and immune in one deck.

The thing is, Freya essentially means "play your best bronze from gy and +1", Sigdrifa writes "play your best silver from gy and +3", Restore is "make your best silver a 10, and play it again". These alone made every effort on deck teching a joke. A thunder against NG is still a thunder, you get to remove the key card, against skellige a thunder means a Freya. How is that not OP

I understand your point, I see what you mean.

Restore has change to only SK units now. In my view Coral is not that good, you can have the same effect with artefact compression just without the +5. Other cards have similars effects that Lugo has.

I get how resurrecting units can be seen as op but that's like NG with the emissarie, the can always get thet card they want and also damage you with impera enforcers while busting impera brigade.

Now I don't think that's OP just part of it NG and SK in that scenario.

In my opinion, but alchemist revealing two cards I think is too much. As well as infiltrator combo with the other card that destroy any spy (can't remember the name) or tibor eggebracht that's 25 points right there and even if you get to draw a card is revealed as well. And after that you use fringilla vigo to, so 50 plus her 6.

I think that's way more OP than Freya or sigfrida.

As well until now SK didn't have a unit that clears the weather. The monster plays mainly with weather so if you want to play "fire with fire" they also archgriffin plus more cards like jotunn to move you to the weather.

Same with ST and dol blathanna swordmaster, boost everything and then attacking you with the base power.

Perhaps is fair to say that the game is unbalanced. But in my opinion NG is right now is the most OP of all.

PD I don't know how to quote lol

Last edited by a moderator:
NG is in a good shape, but it's not OP as everyone is saying. Both Spies and Reveal are very good decks, maybe slightly over the top, but we need to wait a week or so before saying anything, since new decks and strats are still emerging. Still if this is the case, balancing it would require some minor changes. My only complaint about this faction is the Mill archetype. Still onto the Mill thing, it's boring to play against it because it takes so long, but still it's not played very often, and I believe the draw back of playing with it is fair. It's boring to play 1 match against Mill for 30+ minutes, now imagine how it is to play every match for so long (I mean for those who actually use this deck).

For the Fringilla combo, a small fix would be to change this card to target only Bronzes or Silvers, since many removals can't target Golds and you can't do shit about Tibor unless you have Scorch.

nemirni;n9786671 said:
Probably because most netdecks dont autoinclude alternative strategies (...)

IMO this is the case of most of the people complaining. Learn how to use your brains and tweek your deck with tech cards to respond to the meta you're facing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom