Is it just me or Nilfgaard is absolutely ridiculous right now?

+
Maerd;n9796701 said:
1. You have to have a venendal sucker, Leo, and Cantarella in your hand all at once because otherwise I prefer trashing my opponents' golden cards instead of sucking Cantarella.
2. If you get a sucker as your last card most often than not you're going to loose, so the suckers have a huge drawback. I also thought that those are becoming overpowering until I actually built a deck and faced this drawback more often than I wanted.
3. If you win the first round it doesn't matter if Canatarells is 11 points or 1.

What deck are you playing? And at what rank?

1. You may prefer it, but you don't have to have Leo in hand for the 1-point spy play.
2. Unless you run three of them, which you shouldn't, the chances of that happening seem fairly low.
3. It matters. If you win the first round, you can dry pass the second and play your 1-point spy round 3 for a free card. Or you can play her round 1 with the same effect.

To answer your question, I play various scoiatael decks. Haven't really got too much rank since the new season. I've been playing sparingly and mostly messing around with some swordmaster builds so far.

p.s. speaking of SK longswords, it was great fun messing with their ships with a movement deck, but of course now they got a unit that does the same thing a Brigade does, only twice as better :D

Last edited:
Maerd;n9796941 said:
Harald with greatswords and ships, where unless you remove those greatswords right away or they they boost themselves sky high because you cannot damage them with enforcers unless killing them off completely.

Radovid's weather deck was pretty nasty to play against with the spy deck due to double lock and weather that kills off all your enforcers. Nothing to resurrect worthy of stealing from opponent's graveyard too.

SK restore is as usual was just better than spies and unless you have a good starting hand, stakes are not in your favour.
Of all the decks you mentioned, only Radovid was a pain in the ass and I've not seen too many decks with him. Maybe I was lucky.
ResoundingBuahaha;n9797341 said:
Oh never said it's hard, but the pure power of the card is not so good as skellige, need some brain to close up the power gap
You wrote it requires effort...

P.S. Sorry, I was at 3250+ when I posted that... playing drunk would do that to you.

Last edited:
NG spy stil overpowered and very dumb deck
90% ng spy in proladder right now
disgusting

Last edited:
Barracuda88;n9798171 said:
To answer your question, I play various scoiatael decks.

Add yourself Muzlle and Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream if you can and you'll be good. I was crushing spella'tael decks until it got updated with those spells and now I'm loosing against them all the time. Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream allow you to reveal your superbuffed shielded Dol Blatanna Protector for the Leo clone. That pretty much the automatic win.

Maerd;n9801111 said:
Add yourself Muzlle and Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream if you can and you'll be good. I was crushing spella'tael decks until it got updated with those spells and now I'm loosing against them all the time. Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream allow you to reveal your superbuffed shielded Dol Blatanna Protector for the Leo clone. That pretty much the automatic win.

My understanding is Leo hits for base power, so... 2-point Dol Blathanna armageddon? :p If anything, I'd grab Cahir for double Eithne, but unfortunately he's NG only, so: useless for Scoia.

I'm sure the dream is useful, though I haven't really given it much thought to see what (if any) other faction golds would have synergy with what (if any) scoia units, worthy of replacing standard scoia golds.

Barracuda88;n9810581 said:
My understanding is Leo hits for base power
May be it's a bug but they used Leo on revealed protector to slash my buffed knights, that was way more than 2 points.

If anything, I'd grab Cahir for double Eithne
Cahir doesn't work with leaders and gold cards.

I'm sure the dream is useful, though I haven't really given it much thought to see what (if any) other faction golds would have synergy with what (if any) scoia units, worthy of replacing standard scoia golds.

If you have problem against nilfgaard then it will be useful. You can also steal Vilgeforz for 8 points + extra card while burning your elven merc.

Leo hits by the base power of the unit he reveals, regardless of the base power of the unit he hits. (Unlike assasin).

P.s. i find the ... dream card hardly useful against most decks, ng included. You are basically using up a gold slot for a chance of copying another gold card for which you have to wait opponent plays it and then kill it so it goes to graveyard. let's take a look at your usual ng golds:
Cahir useless and also doomed
Menno useless (to you of course)
Rainfarn meeh
Avalache : if he is in for the mill last thing you want is to help him.
Tibor: quite good
Vilgefortz : good
Leo: potentially great if you still have swordsman in hand.

Statistically that is a very long shot for not such a huge gain.

I think Nilfgaard is good, but definitely not unbeatable, i've played only nilfgaard since the start of the closed beta and i've had so many losses, im not a bad player, some decks are simply way better than anything Nilfgaard can come up with and way more consistent

Depends on what ng archetype you play. Personally i like playing with them a lot, primarily because spies are the most consistent atype i have ever played. The power they can produce is solid (although far from best) and early tempo is not great but when it comes to reliability they are top notch.

I seriously struggle against Nilfgaard because of one specific card - Sweers. (I only ever play monsters - first Dagon Swarm and now the recently revised Nekker Consume.)

I like playing NG, my favorite faction. I use Sweers. He alone won half of my games.
Sweers+Decoy sometimes leads to instant forfeit.
The most fun part is to discard 2 farseers, then 2 dbp :))))
Sweers is also very helpful against nekkers. Wait until they used all n-warriors and boooooom - instant forfeit.
Against NG Sweers can discard powerful impera brigades or that annoying 2-str-damaging units.
Sweers can also ruin NR's plan to swarm the board.
But I find him useless against Skellige, as the only real target I see is 2 pristesses.

NG I think right now is second powerful faction after Skellige.
If only I could take Vangemar out of my deck.. I am sick of weather spam.

Every day that I play against NG Spies, I'm reminded why I'm glad that I'm only playing to get my daily 100 ores.

Yes the spies deck is irritating in the extreme. 6/7 times he gets his bloody spies out impera enforcers, assasin, infiltrator, sometimes even weather turns up AND Iris haha NG using spells and such. Who wouuld have thought that. Botttom of the ladder rot tossers are back. So I have to set up a deck to only deal with this faction. I will not resort to spellatell..I do have some dignity and it really is a cheap deck. For the record i've played with ST 90% of the time on GWENT.

Last edited by a moderator:
gards;n9824871 said:
Yes the spies deck is irritating in the extreme. 6/7 times he gets his bloody spies out impera enforcers, assasin, infiltrator, sometimes even weather turns up AND Iris haha NG using spells and such. Who wouuld have thought that. Botttom of the ladder rot tossers are back. So I have to set up a deck to only deal with this faction. I will not resort to spellatell..I do have some dignity and it really is a cheap deck. For the record i've played with ST 90% of the time on GWENT.

Your point being? Seeing how you analyzed this archetype so well i only fail to see what is your difficulty with it? Out of curiosity what ST deck do you play with?

nemirni;n9825421 said:
Your point being? Seeing how you analyzed this archetype so well i only fail to see what is your difficulty with it? Out of curiosity what ST deck do you play with?

My own deck with good ol resilience units plus anti-weather dwarves. Found a spell card I lie to deal with those pesky spies. I've played against NG more than 50% today. The MM service will serve me up something else now probably haha like....NR? Don't see them much anymore.

Really tired of playing vs same decks over and over. Are these people even having fun playing the same decks over and over ? (nilfagaard mainly)
Helpful advice: there are easier ways in the internet to earn 3 euros a day, instead of spamming same decks without having fun?
The game balance state is pathetic at the moment, so find free testers elsewhere.
Mechanics suck too, the card effects are way too consistent, you could just print 14 or more bronze cards its the same.
Every game is boringly the same, its like watching the same ads over and over on tv.
Valve has announced their Artifact card game based on dota 2, and i shall tell you 2 things:
- Valve is a master of polishing
- Dota 2 is the perfect game for strategic substrate. The great shortcomings of dota 2 are teammates that play like crap, and that its a huge time sink, also cant play on and off (need block of time). Card games cure that.

Artifact could keep the strategic element with those disadvantages removed.

So CD Project Red get your stuff together fast, big bad wolf (Valve) is coming.

Last edited:
Quite honestly, all this complaining against NG is getting funny. According to the latest GwentUp report, NG leaders aren't even in the top 3 in either of the MMR brackets. Where are these OP decks that everyone's complaining about? Surely they would be used if they were that good.

Again, the people complaining about this, what level and rank are you? Ae you playing starter decks? Why not try NG yourself?

Top Bottom